SiouxSports.com Forum

Star Trib Article on Fighting Sioux/NCAA Ruling

dakidfightingsioux

I am sure there is a post on here regarding this article, but this article made me very angry. This "journalist" has many of his facts wrong. His email is at the bottom of the article. I am going to email him and I hope everyone else does so he can get the facts straight!

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5563915.html

I am sure there is a post on here regarding this article, but this article made me very angry.  This "journalist" has many of his facts wrong.  His email is at the bottom of the article.  I am going to email him and I hope everyone else does so he can get the facts straight!

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5563915.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just sent him a sharp tongued e-mail....what a jagazz

Nick Coleman is an idiot. Always has been, always will be.

He would smear the legacy of his own father if that is what

it would take for him to keep his chair and typewriter for another day

in a dead end job spent practicing his near obsolete brand of so-called

journalism. Smear the dead guy without getting out of the chair to check

one's facts. And do it all with penile envy dripping from every word.

A classless move by a classless hack working for a dying newspaper.

If the big shooters at the Star and Sickle, and all of their wealthy Twin Cities

friends, were half the men - and collectively had half the heart - than was and did Ralph, we would not have to read stories about special legislative sessions for the football Gophers looking get an on campus stadium twenty-five years after the Star Trib sold Memorial Stadium, and all of its tradition, down the road. All for the price of a couple of newspapers that could be sold outside of the Metrodome that now sits next store . . . .

This said Nick, congrats on your new child. Perhaps he or she will teach you a bit about the things in life that really matter.

You obviously have no clue at how Ralph gave so much, to so many, for so long, and never expected a word of gratitude or thanks for it.

Coleman, it is your crowd, with your self-serving agendas and self-righteous attitudes, that make up the jack booted thugs in this world.

Buy a clue.

This particular decision was handed down by the NCAA Executive Committee, which includes eight representatives from Division I-A schools. Of those eight schools, six have been found guilty of major NCAA infractions since 1989. Not the little stuff

On a similar note, has anybody heard where NoDak's congressional delegation is hiding?  Florida's pols, on both sides, have been up in arms, and there may be hearings at some point on the NC$$'s place in society if one Congressman gets his way.  And it sounds like Illinois' reps may be waking up as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As much as I hate to say it, our congressional delegation has better ways to spend their time than this issue. Really.

As much as I hate to say it, our congressional delegation has better ways to spend their time than this issue. Really.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What exactly do they do? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the North Dakota Delegation gets elected and then does nothing for 2 or 6 years, then get re-elected and the process repeats.

Are you kidding me, ScottM?  Take a look at North Dakota's congressional delegation and what do you see?  Three blind liberal democrats.  Of course they're keeping their mouth shut on the nickname issue.  Who do you think their consituency is?  North Dakota needs to do what South Dakota did last November and WAKE UP!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once again, I totally agree with you.

Are you kidding me, ScottM?  Take a look at North Dakota's congressional delegation and what do you see?  Three blind liberal democrats.  Of course they're keeping their mouth shut on the nickname issue.  Who do you think their consituency is?  North Dakota needs to do what South Dakota did last November and WAKE UP!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly, but I thought Pomeroy, Dorgan and Conrad all spoke in favor of UND keeping the Sioux name the last time it was threatened. Besides, public opinon would be strongly in their favor if they said something in support of the name. I don't see that they'd have much to lose by showing their support.

Are you kidding me, ScottM? Take a look at North Dakota's congressional delegation and what do you see? Three blind liberal democrats. Of course they're keeping their mouth shut on the nickname issue. Who do you think their consituency is? North Dakota needs to do what South Dakota did last November and WAKE UP!

Lotta good it did SoDak, Ellsworth ended up on the BRAC closure list anyway after Thune ran on that promise. As far as the NoDak delegation, perhaps a call from the UND Alumni Foundation might wake them up. :glare:

Besides by DC standards (read: Ted Kennedy, Hillary "I'm not a man, dammit" Clinton and Howard Dean), NoDak's congressional delegation is pretty moderate. Might be a pretty interesting campaign issue: "Overreaching, PC NC$$ picks on poor NoDak, and Senator ___ did nothing". ;):p

Lotta good it did SoDak, Ellsworth ended up on the BRAC closure list anyway after Thune ran on that promise. As far as the NoDak delegation, perhaps a call from the UND Alumni Foundation might wake them up. :glare:

Besides by DC standards (read: Ted Kennedy, Hillary "I'm not a man, dammit" Clinton and Howard Dean), NoDak's congressional delegation is pretty moderate. Might be a pretty interesting campaign issue: "Overreaching, PC NC$$ picks on poor NoDak, and Senator ___ did nothing". ;):p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Kent Conrad and Byron Dorgan are considered "moderate," then the clock has struck midnight. I venture to say if you took a gander at voting records in the senate, they're among the most liberal votes in the joint.

I think this is probably the biggest problem our government has, just tack this onto the bill and you got my vote.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can I get an 'amen,' BigGame? I couldn't agree more. Dorgan and Conrad spend their time schmoozing with the likes of Hillary Rodham Clinton and Ted Kennedy, then come back to North Dakota and somehow woo the voters with their "mainstream" values. I'm constantly amazed at how North Dakota can go overwhelmingly Republican in presidential elections, then turn around and send two senators who oppose anything and everything that that Republican president wants to do. At least liberal states like New York and Pennsylvania and conservative states like Utah and Oklahoma are consistent.

Can I get an 'amen,' BigGame? I couldn't agree more. Dorgan and Conrad spend their time schmoozing with the likes of Hillary Rodham Clinton and Ted Kennedy, then come back to North Dakota and somehow woo the voters with their "mainstream" values. I'm constantly amazed at how North Dakota can go overwhelmingly Republican in presidential elections, then turn around and send two senators who oppose anything and everything that that Republican president wants to do. At least liberal states like New York and Pennsylvania and conservative states like Utah and Oklahoma are consistent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe North Dakota is the only Bi-partisan state.........aka vote conservative, elect liberal. I too cannot believe the Three Stooges have not come out and taken a stance with UND and pretty much everybody else on this issue.....to keep the name. But then again, they are pretty much puppets in Washington.

I believe North Dakota is the only Bi-partisan state.........aka vote conservative, elect liberal. I too cannot believe the Three Stooges have not come out and taken a stance with UND and pretty much everybody else on this issue.....to keep the name. But then again, they are pretty much puppets in Washington.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Write them a letter. I do once in a while and they will answer you.

Also, call the office. They are out elected leaders wether you voted for them or not.

Can I get an 'amen,' BigGame?  I couldn't agree more.  Dorgan and Conrad spend their time schmoozing with the likes of Hillary Rodham Clinton and Ted Kennedy, then come back to North Dakota and somehow woo the voters with their "mainstream" values.  I'm constantly amazed at how North Dakota can go overwhelmingly Republican in presidential elections, then turn around and send two senators who oppose anything and everything that that Republican president wants to do.  At least liberal states like New York and Pennsylvania and conservative states like Utah and Oklahoma are consistent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen

I love the argument that Conrad and Dorgan are not as "liberal" as other Senators, and therefore somehow are given the moderate label. Just look at their voting records and you will see that is not the case. These guys vote with Clinton and Kennedy 99 % of the time.

Are you guys really that bullheaded. Conrad, Dorgan, and Pomeroy all have more pull in DC than ninety percent of other state reps. These guys are huge for the state. Dorgan ranks as probably the second most powerful Democrat and the other two are also right up their. Think before you speak...Great Election we made

with Bush....the economy is shot, people are dying, gas is out of control, and CAFTA stands to kill the sugarbeet industry in the state which will be a trickle down effect for the entire economy