SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Football Attendance

UND Fan

Ah ha! A trick question. My day has come! The way to increase your attendance is to play some good teams. Quit playing D2 patsies and/or tell Kuppy to get is poop in a group and move up to Division 1aa before the NCAA says no more moving up.

A new arena wouldn't hurt either. If I went to UND, I'd be praying for a natural disaster to take that place out. It may be the worst stadium I've ever been in.

SKIPPY!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah ha! A trick question. My day has come! The way to increase your attendance is to play some good teams. Quit playing D2 patsies and/or tell Kuppy to get is poop in a group and move up to Division 1aa before the NCAA says no more moving up.

A new arena wouldn't hurt either. If I went to UND, I'd be praying for a natural disaster to take that place out. It may be the worst stadium I've ever been in.

Is this guy talking about the Alerus? I would assume he's not talking about the Alerus. The Alerus is great for football. Obviously this guy has never been to a football game there. He has no credibility.

All "Sean Connery" needs to do is look at the recent press from NDSU's own athletic department.

If UND is so bad for not playing NDSU, if UND is so bad for playing "subpar competition" in D2, then why isn't NDSU leading by example?

I mean, Minnesota offerred to play NDSU again in football and they declined? Why? I thought they were looking for better competition! Oh wait... looks like they just lost their right to complain about this issue.

Too bad. tsk tsk.

I mean, Minnesota offerred to play NDSU again in football and they declined? Why? I thought they were looking for better competition! Oh wait... looks like they just lost their right to complain about this issue.

Do you have a link with the Gopher offer and NDSU declining?

From what I have heard, the Gophers have not officially offered the 2006 game, so NDSU could not have declined?

Key word is BOLDED above. The "offer", (word as used by the Forum), may not be off the table at the time story was printed, but is indeed an "offer". And Taylor saying "no" to that "offer" reads to most people as a "rejection".

Dewey beat Truman too. :D

Is this guy talking about the Alerus? I would assume he's not talking about the Alerus. The Alerus is great for football. Obviously this guy has never been to a football game there. He has no credibility.

Boy you might be legally retarded. I was in attendance of the UND homecoming game this year and "The Tuna Can" is quite possibly the worst football stadium ever built. I have more credibility in my little finger than you have in your enitre body.

Boy you might be legally retarded. I was in attendance of the UND homecoming game this year and "The Tuna Can" is quite possibly the worst football stadium ever built. I have more credibility in my little finger than you have in your enitre body.

Moderators:

Can we please have this skippy banned? TIA

All "Sean Connery" needs to do is look at the recent press from NDSU's own athletic department.

If UND is so bad for not playing NDSU, if UND is so bad for playing "subpar competition" in D2, then why isn't NDSU leading by example?

Too bad. tsk tsk.

You ask why NDSU doesn't play Minnesota this year? Its because we are playing them next year. We have a lot of young recruits that need another year before throwing them into a game w/ the Gophers. Besides, we haven't officially declined yet. There is a chance, if both of us have an opening, we might revisit the issue. But that doesn't change the fact that we are still playing them and you guys are still playing the likes of Winona State. There is some good competition.

Which gives the better home field advantage?

Alerus Center.

Evidence?

UND is 35-5 (0.875) overall and 8-0 post-season.

For comparison:

NDSU is 64-14 at Fargodome (0.821) overall and 0-0 in post-season.

Yet again, let me point out the differences in who the two teams play. Ya montebank.

Yet again, let me point out the differences in who the two teams play. Ya montebank.

Just to prove your point wrong, looking at last years(2005) results, NDSU's home games included the following teams:

Northern Colorado 4-7

South Dakota St. 6-5

Nicholls State 6-4

Ark-Monticello 1-10

Weber State 6-5

UC-Davis 6-5

Those teams had a combined record of 29-36....That's a winning percentage of 44.6%

UND's 2005 Home Game Results:

West Chester 8-4

W. Washington 4-6

Augustana 6-5

St. Cloud St. 8-3

Ferris State 3-8

Neb-Omaha 8-3

Minn-Duluth 8-4

Those teams had a combined record of 45-33....That's a winning percentage of 57.6%....

To put this to you in English...Your point is invalid, incorrect, and completely false.

Just to prove your point wrong, looking at last years(2005) results, NDSU's home games included the following teams:

Northern Colorado 4-7

South Dakota St. 6-5

Nicholls State 6-4

Ark-Monticello 1-10

Weber State 6-5

UC-Davis 6-5

Those teams had a combined record of 29-36....That's a winning percentage of 44.6%

UND's 2005 Home Game Results:

West Chester 8-4

W. Washington 4-6

Augustana 6-5

St. Cloud St. 8-3

Ferris State 3-8

Neb-Omaha 8-3

Minn-Duluth 8-4

Those teams had a combined record of 45-33....That's a winning percentage of 57.6%....

To put this to you in English...Your point is invalid, incorrect, and completely false.

You must be majoring in logic at UND. You can't measure home winning percentage with different teams. It's apples and oranges. unds home winning record will only get better - with the state of dii fb how could it not. UND has a great home winning % and should be proud of it, but it's the road winning record that wins championships.

You must be majoring in logic at UND. You can't measure home winning percentage with different teams. It's apples and oranges. unds home winning record will only get better - with the state of dii fb how could it not. UND has a great home winning % and should be proud of it, but it's the road winning record that wins championships.

I don't major in logic at UND, sorry...Just making a point that UND played a legitimately and statistically tougher home schedule than that of NDSU's last year. If you guys keep playing "quality" teams like Ark-Monticello, I expect NDSU's home winning percentage to be up there with UND's real soon.