SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Football Attendance

UND Fan

marketing 101:  don't people have to be interested in something before they buy into it?  Big fish, small pond:  I see a parallel, do you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that is why he suggests sending SI to the schools, to create intrest.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming you're correct, where's the line item in UND's FY 04 (projected) revenues that says "appropriated funds"? Why is the legislature ear-marking funds for athletics for one university and not for them all? (PS - It was $713,000.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How much do UM Crookston game tickets go for these days?:D At least Mayville State isn't that far away. Shouldn't be too much of a strain on the athletic budget :D;):0

How much do UM Crookston game tickets go for these days???? At least Mayville State isn't that far away. Shouldn't be too much of a strain on the athletic budget :glare:;);)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please do us a favor and go talk your "smack" on the Bison website!

How much do UM Crookston game tickets go for these days????  At least Mayville State isn't that far away.  Shouldn't be too much of a strain on the athletic budget :glare:  ;)  ;)

Agreed with the previous poster, stop the smack. This random tirade has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

How about a shrine to Sioux football in the Alerus? Something like what's in the Ralph, only on a smaller scale. The NC trophy could be on display, along with the Nickel trophy. A history of the sioux football program, including the Sioux-Bison Rivalry. A "Wall of Fame" with pictures and a short bio on some Sioux greats. I admit it is kind of cool walking through the Fargodome and looking at some of the larger-than-life-sized game photos displayed on the walls. That could be neat to see at the Alerus.

If I am not mistaken, this was part of the new contract UND worked out with the Al. UND just had to come up with the money to pay for it. Not sure if it will happen at all this year or if it will be next season before we see it. Hopefully it is still in the plans. I woud also like to see something on the west side of the building along interstate that says "Home to the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux" I also wouldn't mind seeing a nicer National Championship banner and maybe even a Natioanl Runner-Up banner. Something more along the lines of the ones in the Ralph. The plastic looking one currently in the Al just doesn't look that nice.

All those WCHA championship banners in the Ralph look pretty darn good. How about having banners for the NCC titles hanging in the Alerus also? The Alerus is a great place to watch football games, and when it gets real loud, it's the best. But it does feel more like a community events center than it does the Home of the Fighting Sioux. More should be done to give it that "college atmosphere" for before and after the games, rather than just during them.

All those WCHA championship banners in the Ralph look pretty darn good. How about having banners for the NCC titles hanging in the Alerus also? The Alerus is a great place to watch football games, and when it gets real loud, it's the best. But it does feel more like a community events center than it does the Home of the Fighting Sioux. More should be done to give it that "college atmosphere" for before and after the games, rather than just during them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My understanding is that those banners will be in the Alerus this season. I was at the shrine game in July, and there was one up already from the 1930's, so they were evidently just starting to hang them.

My understanding is that those banners will be in the Alerus this season. I was at the shrine game in July, and there was one up already from the 1930's, so they were evidently just starting to hang them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1930's :glare: Aparently they are going all the way back. Where was this at and what did it look like?

oh..sorry DD..mistook you for BISONMAN :glare::0:):p:D:(;):huh::lol:

or BisonMAV :lol::0:0 I just always associate MAN and MAV on the same level....I guess that stems from their former ATHLETIC DIRECTOR who REALLY liked OMAHA a LOT :D He was....SUCH a great fan of their Parks system I know he spent a lot of time there on their road trips...sorry to blame you...THAT SUCKS! (literally!)

you tried this before you dork!!  Here's a clue...

"Looks kind of SHINY!! like..say...a NICKEL!!"  one that YOU don't have!! or ever will...IT'S OURS BABY!!! :glare:  ;)  haha!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SiouxMeNow Posted Today, 02:35 AM

oh..sorry DD..mistook you for BISONMAN         

or BisonMAV    I just always associate MAN and MAV on the same level....I guess that stems from their former ATHLETIC DIRECTOR who REALLY liked OMAHA a LOT  He was....SUCH a great fan of their Parks system I know he spent a lot of time there on their road trips...sorry to blame you...THAT SUCKS! (literally!)

Peace of Mind

Hotline: (701) 795-3000

oh..sorry DD..mistook you for BISONMAN :glare:  :0  :)  :p  :D  :(  ;)  :huh:  :lol: 

or BisonMAV :lol:  :0  :0  I just always associate MAN and MAV on the same level....I guess that stems from their former ATHLETIC DIRECTOR who REALLY liked OMAHA a LOT :D  He was....SUCH a great fan of their Parks system I know he spent a lot of time there on their road trips...sorry to blame you...THAT SUCKS! (literally!)

Stop trolling, post on topic, discontinue the personal attacks against other posters.

With the first home football game only 10 days away and all of the students back on campus are they going to do any advertising at all?? I haven't seen anything lately. Maybe I have just missed everything but you would think that this would be the time to really push the football games.

P.S. This is my 600th post!

With the first home football game only 10 days away and all of the students back on campus are they going to do any advertising at all?? I haven't seen anything lately. Maybe I have just missed everything but you would think that this would be the time to really push the football games.

P.S. This is my 600th post!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Advertising hell, how about an article in the herald about this weeks game? There should have been articles about the fall scrimmages and articles about the upcoming game and season. There have been only a couple of articles since the team reported in early August. Couldn't the herald at least get an intern from UND to keep folks posted on basic info if their writers are too busy?

Couldn't the herald at least get an intern from UND to keep folks posted on basic info if their writers are too busy?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since HS sports aren't being covered that heavily right now, I'm not exactly sure what the Herald reporters could be busy doing besides flicking boogers at one another across the newsroom.

Since HS sports aren't being covered that heavily right now, I'm not exactly sure what the Herald reporters could be busy doing besides flicking boogers at one another across the newsroom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those liberals at the Herald don't like violent sports like football. :D

I have been very impressed with NDSU's advertising. Their Super Saturdays theme has been tied in very well with all of their different advertising mediums. I have seen many tv commercials, billboards, posters and newspaper ads all over the state. Still waiting to see if UND is going to do anything. I would hope that they would have some sort of advertising leading up to the first home game. Maybe ads will show up everywhere tomorrow leading up to saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

This is kind of related to the Uniform Design topic, but does anyone think that the UND players last names should be on the back of jerseys? I'd think it would help give a better identity for players to the more casual fans and help them identify with players more. I know most of us on this board probably know that #18 is Dressler, #27 is Strouth, etc., but the more casual fan might like watch Dressler return a kickoff 92 yards, and not have to look at his/her game program during the run.

As far as giveaways go, bobbleheads seem to be big!

This is kind of related to the Uniform Design topic, but does anyone think that the UND players last names should be on the back of jerseys?  I'd think it would help give a better identity for players to the more casual fans and help them identify with players more.  I know most of us on this board probably know that #18 is Dressler, #27 is Strouth, etc., but the more casual fan might like watch Dressler return a kickoff 92 yards, and not have to look at his/her game program during the run. 

As far as giveaways go, bobbleheads seem to be big!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the names being off the jerseys. It's hard enough seeing numbers during action. It's gotta be even tougher seeing names. If they were on TV all the time, then maybe they should be put on.

Plus the programs only cost a buck. :lol::D

• 4 months later...

thanks for letting it be known, I guess it was just an illusion the last couple of years when we have had to wait 45 mins to leave the parking lot. That is embarassing, because there were only around 10,000 people there. I've been to Nascar events where there is 100,000 people in attendance, and they do not have great traffic routes in and out, but know how to move vehicles. I think the Alerus Center and GF PD need to do a better job of that.

This article reminded me of this discussion...

Alerus seeks $500,000 driveway - Grand Forks Herald

The long wait to leave the Alerus Center parking lot after big events may be a little shorter under a proposed traffic plan endorsed by the center's commission Wednesday.

On average, it takes 88 minutes to leave the center's south lot because there's really only one way out, the southern most driveway. The commission, at the urging of an area traffic planning organization, wants to build a second driveway to cut the wait time to 45 minutes.

Commissioner Gerald Hamerlik, also a City Council member, cautioned his colleagues that the city's streets budget is not looking so hot. The city can't even pay for the 42nd Street underpass, he said.

Ah ha! A trick question. My day has come! The way to increase your attendance is to play some good teams. Quit playing D2 patsies and/or tell Kuppy to get is poop in a group and move up to Division 1aa before the NCAA says no more moving up.

A new arena wouldn't hurt either. If I went to UND, I'd be praying for a natural disaster to take that place out. It may be the worst stadium I've ever been in.