SiouxSports.com Forum

Midco to provide CSTV to Grand Forks!

Uncle_Rico

I got a letter from Midco today saying they will be offering CSTV as well as three additional Fox Sports networks in Grand Forks starting August 18. The letter also said that a number of HD channels will also be offered including ESPN HDTV and Fox Sports. Sweet!!!!!!

I got a letter from Midco today saying they will be offering CSTV as well as three additional Fox Sports networks in Grand Forks starting August 18. The letter also said that a number of HD channels will also be offered including ESPN HDTV and Fox Sports.  Sweet!!!!!!

Excellent!

:ohmy:

I got a letter from Midco today saying they will be offering CSTV as well as three additional Fox Sports networks in Grand Forks starting August 18. The letter also said that a number of HD channels will also be offered including ESPN HDTV and Fox Sports.  Sweet!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fargo cable sucks :ohmy:

Is this on regular cable or only for digital cable?  It sounds an awful lot like the sports pack thing you order on digital cable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All of the new channels are for Digital subscribers only.

Any word on having the local channels in HD?  I believe KVLY and KXJB are the two that will be making the switch first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very very soon. I watched a little bit they did on their news a couple weeks to go and they said within the next couple of weeks they would be making the switch.

Very very soon. I watched a little bit they did on their news a couple weeks to go and they said within the next couple of weeks they would be making the switch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We should have it up within the next two weeks.

Also, here's a little tip for you. If you have an HDTV (Not just HD-ready) and you have the regular cable order, you can pick up those local HD channels for free. It's just a technical glitch, not some special offer.

Also, they have HD-DVD players with HD tuners in them. You can also get those local HD channels if you have the HD-DVD player hooked up to your tv and regular cable.

I can put the dish up, but I can't run the wires in.  TimeWarner has a hole drilled and won't allow any other cables.  I also can't drill any other holes.  I'm sure I can fight it, but is it really worth the hassle?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it's near your A/C Unit, try to slip the wire through that.

Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...
Did HD come today, or just the other channels?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HD is available but Midco is behind and it will take about three weeks for them to get to your house to hook it up if you were to call today. I called today and the soonest date they could hook it up is September 6.

It's about time.  More college hockey!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In grand Forks on digital 313 CSTV, Fox Sports College 314, 316, 317, Awesome new channel. Should have lots of college football and hopefully some college hockey also.