SiouxSports.com Forum

Lockout over

rochsioux

That's unfortunate. I was looking forward to watching him chase Kessel around the rink this year.

Obviously that would be a big blow to your team this year, but with so many blue-chip defensive recruits coming down the pipe, I think your team will be just fine.

As a Wild season ticket holder, I'm pretty lax about the NHL coming back. They haven't dropped ticket prices...and frankly, I just don't care about NHL Hockey that much anymore. I'll probably keep my tickets, as a game and the bar make for an excellent night, but I can't see the general public caring at all about this getting done.

If Greene does leave our D will be so green next year it will not even be funny....Smaby and basically all freshman. Lee, Jones, Chorney, Radke (basically a frosh) and after that it is a serious reach. That is only 5 d and inexperienced at that. That is not usually a recipe for success in the WCHA.

I'd agree that Greene is gone, but we will see.  Maybe if Greene goes, Finley comes?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't doubt this. Finley is waiting regardless of UND's stance until he finds out more of the fall out of the end of the lockout

If Greene does leave our D will be so green next year it will not even be funny....Smaby and basically all freshman.  Lee, Jones, Chorney, Radke (basically a frosh) and after that it is a serious reach.  That is only 5 d and inexperienced at that.  That is not usually a recipe for success in the WCHA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree, the good thing is we have two outstanding goalies that can take on 30-40 shots a night. I'm sure their save percentage will go down a bit and their GAA will go up, but they will definately help out our young D.

Looks like the deal is done, just neeeds to be ratified.

Agreement reached

My guess is Matt Greene will be signed by the end of the month.  Hopefully he will stay but I highly doubt it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only thing I could see keeping him from going is that under the new CBA rookies aren't going to get squat. In fact there was an article on Foxsports.com stated that a few of the Euros might not come to the NHL because they will not be offered the money they once were. I say great because I don't want to see a bunch of stick swinging turtles from Russian, Sweden and the Check Republic.