SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tryouts

#1Hakfan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oshie v. Meuller & Oshie v. Wheeler

Great subject matter. Can't compare athletes boys. Oshie and Mueller are very talented players. Oshie chose playing for Warroad HS Warriors from 2002-2005 and many people up north think it was the right thing. Hockeytown USA produces legends in every decade. He will go down as one of the legends as he left as their All-Time Leading Scorer (104G + 137A=241 points in 3 years).

And, for the quote it's just Class A hockey, just ask the 16 Class AA teams they played in 2005 how good this team was. Tied Moorhead 1-1 in their barn and tied Osseo 3-3 @ the Gardens in Hockeytown Classic. Other then that, they destroyed the other AA teams they played.

Warroad, under the direction of Cary Eades, replaced the lower Class A teams they used to have on their schedule w/ top end AA programs. So put that issue to bed. Class A hockey is just as good as AA. If you watched the 2005 Class A championship with Warroad winning 4-3 in 2OT in the longest game in championship history, you'd agree both these teams could have won a duel between either Moorhead or Holy Angels.

Second to that, Oshie should have won the 2005 MN Mr. Hockey. Take nothing away from Brian Lee, Oshie was the most prolofic HS player in 2004-05. Lee had a great summer in Europe and was a favorite to join the WJ team. Put, in terms of the 2004-05 season, Oshie hands down was the top gun. Led the State Of Hockey in scoring with 100 points. And, he did lead his team to 2 State Titles in 3 seasons. That is more important then Mr. Hockey bar none.

Oshie vs. Wheeler? Two totally different players. Wheeler needs good players around him when Oshie is a player that "makes" players better around him. Plus, plays incredible defense.

Let's wait until the WJ Camp in Lake Placid to answer these ?'s.

I agree with Yittrum on this one... Wheeler and Oshie are two different types of players. Those of you who doubt Wheelers ability underestimate him. He looked out of place at last yeara camp IMO, but both these players are good enough to play on this level. Oshie is also a fair amount older than Mueller and though PM has a good reputation (supposedly a top 10 draft pick) Oshie is a fantastic playmaker and scorer. This invite is proof that he is ready to come straight from highschool to college, and that his immediate move to UND has less and less to do with Brardy Murray's move than many of us may have thought.

As far as big players like Wheeler go you never know what you are going to get because they are slower to develop. Wheeler could be the next Cam Neely who didn't break out until his was 21 or he could be the next Jason Bonsignore, a total bust.

I know that YTTRIUM is right on the money here, don't forget the fact that TJ plays both ends of the ice. As I said a few posts back before all this WJC stuff started, I think people will be a little surprised when they see TJ play, he's a worker. I hate all this comparison stuff as I have also said before it takes all different types of talent and skill to make a TEAM. TEAM, that's the main thing here. Tj is a team player, don't you think he could have went to Sioux Falls last year and played and been productive? This speaks to his character also, he had unfinished business with his TEAM in Warroad and they all took care of it. He could have ended up in Sioux Falls this year instead of coming here, and put his plan of playing for the Sioux one more year away but he did the right thing and hung with his brothers on the Warrior hockey team. That's the kind of dedicated teammate I want skating next to me.

Wel first of all I could have swore I logged on to SIOUXSPORTS.COM, and second of all we weren't talking about the gophers, sorry to burst your little yellow and brown bubble ther sagard. However I am a realist and know that the gophers have had and will have many talented recuits.

Wel first of all I could have swore I logged on to SIOUXSPORTS.COM, and second of all we weren't talking about the gophers, sorry to burst your little yellow and brown bubble ther sagard.  However I am a realist and know that the gophers have had and will have many talented recuits.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm confused. You come on and start accusing other posters here of trying to start trouble and yet you go around and sling mud just the same?

I harbor no love to the Gophers, but I respect them. And calling out sagard or Greyeagle isn't going to endear you too much.

For gopher fans, they are very well respected posters to this board.

I am a realist too, you see. I don't hold the affiliation of their loyalty to preclude what they say. In other words, if sagard says that the grass is green, I'm not going to call him a liar because he's a Gopher fan. The grass really is green... in areas. :silly:

sagard- To answer your query: No, the Gophers only recruit hacks with limited English vocabulary :blush:

If you go back to the first page of this thread where cardinal stated that this was clearly a thread about Oshie being a better player on the WJC team than Mueller and I found that to be false, nobody compared anybody to anybody, it makes me sick that you guys have nothing better to do than knock down each other's recruits, but I'm the jerk here that's real intresting. Now all of you guys want to swing at me cause I made someone feel bad or hurt their feelings, so what, how about getting a thicker skin. If I ent on gpl and did something as foolish hammy and his merry band of bafoons would be all over me and Redwing anf the like would probably tell me that I deserve it for being so stupid. Boy do you guys ever want to have your cake and eat it, too. So to cardinal, state of hockey, sagard, redwing I'm so terribly sorry that I have offended you, please accept my deepest most heartfelt apologies. If you don't want people to call you out don't ask for it I guess. By the way I don't care who I'm "endeared" to, I am who I am and I know what I know, and if I have no credibility with you guys I sure won't be losing any sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure what you mean, and I'm not trying to be facetious, but would that 'route' mean icing the best possible team that gives Hockey Canada the best chance at a gold medal?

I think last year's squad did quite fine, wouldn't you agree?

They put together great teams all the time, no one is doubting that, but I really don't think playing at a university in the US is really helping your chances on getting on their team.

Did you know 2005 marked the first time in nine years Canada's WJC roster did not include at least one U.S. college player?

This conspiracy theory simply does not hold water. When it comes to hockey, Canada wants to win. There are no Woog-ish practices going on. If there is a player playing somewhere beyond the Canadian borders that can help the team win, they will use him, no matter if he's playing in Cranbrook, B.C., or Pakistan.

Did you know 2005 marked the first time in nine years Canada's WJC roster did not include at least one U.S. college player?

This conspiracy theory simply does not hold water. When it comes to hockey, Canada wants to win. There are no Woog-ish practices going on. If there is a player playing somewhere beyond the Canadian borders that can help the team win, they will use him, no matter if he's playing in Cranbrook, B.C., or Pakistan.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Mr. Canada