SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tryouts

#1Hakfan

Cardinal, you got a big chip on your shoulder, you are the only person that i can see making any kind of comparison between anybody here. Why wouldn't we here on a FIGHTING SIOUX message board want our recruits to do well on a once in a lifetime opportunity situation, I'm through with guys like you, go back to gpl and cheer on your own guys, please.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sprig, I understand where you're coming from and don't disagree that we can't compare their international performance. I also think, as some have said, that they all have to go camping and see who performs there. Skate or sit, sort of. I just commented on Cardinal because he has demonstrated the ability to be reasonably impartial in his posts. I personally don't mind polite visitors to this board.

The fact of the matter is he came on here and started making comparisons, he either wanted to get a rise out of people or he's just not smart enough to figure this whole thing out here. Let me make a comparison, that would be like me going on gpl comparing Kessel to Vanek because they don't play both ends of the ice, a totally valid and reasonable comaprison that would go over like a fart in church. My point is don't come on here throw down like that and then expect sympathy cause it ain't happenin'.

sprig, I understand where you're coming from and don't disagree that we can't compare their international performance.  I also think, as some have said, that they all have to go camping and see who performs there.  Skate or sit, sort of.  I just commented on Cardinal because he has demonstrated the ability to be reasonably impartial in his posts.  I personally don't mind polite visitors to this board.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't mean to reply to your post (wrong reply button), just trying to explain what I thought I said :silly: in response to Cardinal's "skills" comparison in international play.

No doubt the players experienced in international play have an advantage going into the evaluation camp.

Why is everyone so hostile in the offseason? Those who think Cardinal is obnoxious are going to be in a rude awakening next season when the Gopher bandwagoners get on the various message boards.

My personal opinion with no inside knowledge is that Mueller is far more likely to play for the USA WJC team this year than he is to play for the Gophers in '06-'07. Though I truly hope he does both.

If the rumors of him hating the USNDT are true, there is no reason he should stick it out there. He's entering his senior year of high school and there is no reason he shouldn't enjoy it.

Why is everyone so hostile in the offseason?  Those who think Cardinal is obnoxious are going to be in a rude awakening next season when the Gopher bandwagoners get on the various message boards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How soon we forget :silly:

Sagard, it's probably the same reason your hard core fans get hostile on your board when people come on it and spew their crap. I won't apologize for representing truth, justice, and the FIGHTING SIOUX way on a FIGHTING SIOUX message board, no other explanation needed as far as I'm concerned. It's amazing how you guys are always so shocked when stuff like this happens.

Well, we'd know that DaveK's son would be starting in goal. :silly:

A while back on USCHO I said someone needs to make a smilie that has a "Sieve!" voice bubble and that does the arm motion.

This PCM post makes me think we need a smilie wearing referee's stripes and orange arm bands that raises its right arms and has a voice bubble saying, "You! Slashing! Two minutes! Sit!" :blush:

Sagard, it's probably the same reason your hard core fans get hostile on your board when people come on it and spew their crap.  I won't apologize for representing truth, justice, and the FIGHTING SIOUX  way on a FIGHTING SIOUX message board, no other explanation needed as far as I'm concerned.  It's amazing how you guys are always so shocked when stuff like this happens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oshie > Mueller

Truth?? Justice??

Make your own private board buddy.

Wait no more, here I am!

I'm sure Alexander Ovechkin would be happy to hear that.

Trust me, between our enthusibrated (get it? - enthusiastic and inebriated, all in one word...hahahaa) fans and a roster with the mission of seek and destory, that sally wasn't hearing anything over the ringing in his ears.

Half-checking at World Juniors? Now I've heard it all.

I have also had more pressing concerns like training my yellow lab Dakota for the up coming Ducktober season.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And just how old is this lab? Just picked up a black pup over that way and training has started for me also.

I would bet Mueller will be on the team for sure. I have never seen him play, but he is a top prospect and he played in the NDTP which usually helps, but maybe it will hurt him like it did Jack Johnson. I say he is a sure bet to be on team USA.

How about Oshie vs. Blake wheeler. The last 2 Mr. Minnesota's. Will either of them make it? We will not know until late November and they will probably go more by the college season then this evaluation camp. Oh well gives us a lot to argue about.

And before Someone pipes up I know Wheeler was a #5 overall pick in the draft. All I can say about that is he is lucky that Kessel will have all the pressure to deal with because I dont think Wheeler will have to big of impact next year.

Why don't they just go back to "Pride on Ice"?  :silly:

Oh. Yeah. :blush:

Nelson Muns: "Ha Ha."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that's plain mean. :)

You all should check GPL out if you think we NEED Sioux fans to get us all worked up. We seem to be doing just fine on our own in that respect.

I like the Wheeler/Oshie comparison. Both dominated single "A" hockey in their last year of MSHSL, Wheeler has had a year of play at a higher level and of course Gretzky's blessing but that last I heard he was on the evil northern neighbors side anyways.