SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL Playoffs

#1Hakfan

Did anyone see the game between Ottawa and Toronto last night?  What a great rivalry.  Toronto has there number in the playoffs every year.  Good work leafs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw the special on Toronto's arena on HD Net, but that is it.

I thought Dallas looked pretty good last night as well. Boy Modano can really skate even at his advanced age, what a treat to watch. Guerin is a physical winger who can grind it out or play the speed game, what a combo.

The Devils had that trapping mojo working pretty well two nights ago. Let's see if they can keep it going tonight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Trap sucks (#)#%(#( Come on Carolina!!

side note -- could somebody post the whole bracket up for the NHL Playoffs?? I couldn't seem to find them on ESPN today.

Thank Goodness Florida got beat this year ...Just something not right about Florida winning the Cup  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah Luongo was awesome in goal but just could not quite get 'er done. Hopefully Lemaire will continue the free-wheeling style that we witnessed from the Wild this year. Too bad they gave up Bombardir last year, he would have really made a difference on the blue line. The Wild will regret taking Thielen, he will be a stiff.

I thought some of the former Sioux looked good the last few nights and did you see that Vanek was another healthy scratch!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. Good to see they called Commie up for the playoffs again. Did you see that hit on that little guy? Too much blood for TV, IMO.

The Trap sucks (#)#%(#( Come on Carolina!!

Complain about the trap if you will, but the way it set up Parise on that clean breakaway in the second was a thing of beauty. Heck of a nice play by David Hale to get that puck up to him when he flashed open. That iced that game right there.

airmail: But the hit was clean. It's not Commie's fault the other guy is a bleeder. And it wasn't the blood as much as replaying about 100 times from every angle.

Jason Blake is having a nice season for the Islanders, I see he is their leader in +/-. I always knew he would be a responsible two way player in the pros. I heard through the rumor mill too that Blais is really pushing management and the head coach to call up Karl for the game against the Hurricanes.

side note -- could somebody post the whole bracket up for the NHL Playoffs??  I couldn't seem to find them on ESPN today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ESPN?? What's that??

The semis, I believe, are Detroit vs. Chicago, and Montreal v. Boston. Last I read in the paper.

Bobby Orr is gonna have a field day . . . .

Once again Belfour is slowing down the high scoring machine from Ottawa. Isn't this about the 4 year in a row that Ottawa leads the league in scoring, only to be stopped by Belfour and the Leafs. The only one to score on Ed was Bochenski. He has been playing great.

Stateofhockey: I'm quite sure he carries the same degree of seriousness shown throughout this entire thread.

I'd figured it would take six but the Devils "blew away" the 'canes in five last night. Sorry bigmrg74.

I'm just sick and tired of watching NHL hockey when you compare it to college. At least in the playoffs there's a little less gooning it up and a bit more open play. I watched that NJ/Carolina game at a friend's place last night and it was better than regular season play, but there's just NO ROOM for the guys to skate with the puck.

I thought it was interesting how Clement was comparing the flow of NHL play to what he saw in the NCAA playoffs.