SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High Schools Coaches

mngopherhater

any names on either of the positions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For North the Forum reported today that the pool included Jay Erickson and Scott Philbrick both North assistant coaches this past season. In addition, Davidson a South assistant is also in the mix. The outside candidates were not named in the paper.

What do we know about these guys?  When do they expect fill that job?  I had not heard about the century job.  What happen to there coach?  Wald?  Any canidates, I have young son in the bismarck school district.  So just interested.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

North High has hired a coach and the announcement should come out later on Thursday, May 5th.

• 2 weeks later...

This vacancy has Tony Bina written all over it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I couldn't agree more. When I read the article this morning Bina's name was the first person I thought of. Does anyone know if there is a teaching position that comes along with this job, because I'm sure that would play a huge roll in whether Bina takes/applies for the Central job.

I couldn't agree more. When I read the article this morning Bina's name was the first person I thought of. Does anyone know if there is a teaching position that comes along with this job, because I'm sure that would play a huge roll in whether Bina takes/applies for the Central job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Tarek doesn't teach, so I would assume no. Obviously, schools like their coaches to be teachers also, but will go outside when needed. Is there anyone in the GF school system who would be a candidate for this job?

No, he is in banking and finance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you know Jay Panzer's not interested in coaching? I've heard that he is from someone who'd know. Whether he's interested specifically the the GF Central job, I can't say.

How do you know Jay Panzer's not interested in coaching? I've heard that he is from someone who'd know. Whether he's interested specifically the the GF Central job, I can't say.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is answering the iramurphy's following question: "Does anyone know if Jay Panzer teaches?"

Bina teaches tech ed, and there is two jobs open in that department for next year in the district.  Also, off the topic but The Indiana Ice dropped rights of Jake Vigen.  Any one know where he will play next?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What two Tech Ed jobs are open?

PCM, I was answering the question of if he teaches. Easy sailor!

How about Bill Chase?  He is in the GF system and is an assistant at RR.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chase is a great guy and is always mentioned when there is GF hockey openings, not sure if he would go to GFC though?

Personally, there is no doubt in my mind that Bina will get the job. They will find him a job in the district. A few years back when Perry wanted Bry to stick around they found him a job at Ben Franklin as a gym teacher. (only speculating that Perry helped) I think his degree is in Math? I know it wasn't in P.E. though. Pretty weird how they give a gym spot to a math teacher. Do you think they would ever do that the other way around? Hell no!

If there are openings in Tech Ed though I see Bina getting one. He is well liked and well respected in GF. Plus he has done a good job at BHS and has strong ties to GFC.