SiouxSports.com Forum

At the Beach in 2010?

ESPNInsider

So how many of a seater is Ohio States arena?

Remember, Google is your friend.

It must be pretty new. what price range? Anything compared to the beauty we have here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It has nothing to do with cost, age or beauty.

Why would all of those big-time places/venues bid?

Don't they know "nobody cares about college hockey". :lol: :lol:

San Antonio is a nice town. They have some pubs on the Riverwalk. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because of the diehards they know it will sell out right away...

I'd love for San Antonio to get it since I might be living down there at the time ;)

And I believe Huntsville would host in FL...

And then there were 6:

Washington, DC  MCI Center             Naval Academy   Atlantic Hockey
Philadelphia    Wachovia Center        Niagra/Rider    MAAC
Tampa Bay       St. Pete Forum         UAH             CHA
Boston          BankNorth Garden                       Hockey East
St. Paul        XCel Energy            Minnesota       WCHA
Detroit         Ford Field                             CCHA[/code]

I'd bet we get one or two of St. Paul/Boston, but at least one non-traditional. Detroit is in hockey country, but a non-traditional site. If they do that, I'd like to see only one of Minneapolis/Boston, then one true non-traditional site. I'd favor D.C. > Tampa Bay > Philadelphia, personally, though all the remaining bids are good. The easy money is on Boston, St. Paul, D.C.

And then there were 6:

Washington, DC  MCI Center             Naval Academy   Atlantic Hockey

Philadelphia    Wachovia Center        Niagra/Rider    MAAC

Tampa Bay       St. Pete Forum         UAH             CHA

Boston          BankNorth Garden                       Hockey East

St. Paul        XCel Energy            Minnesota       WCHA

Detroit         Ford Field                             CCHA

I'd bet we get one or two of St. Paul/Boston, but at least one non-traditional.  Detroit is in hockey country, but a non-traditional site.  If they do that, I'd like to see only one of Minneapolis/Boston, then one true non-traditional site.  I'd favor D.C. > Tampa Bay > Philadelphia, personally, though all the remaining bids are good.  The easy money is on Boston, St. Paul, D.C.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Shakes head at a football stadium on that list*

It could be done fairly easily. You would just have to bring all the ice equipment to do it, like what they did with the Cold War. However, I'm not sure if they could do it and be able to set it up with really good sight lines for the fans, but like that would stop the NCAA anyways?? I would think that Joe Louis or the Palace perhaps would be a better place to have the game than Ford Field. I just don't know if they could get enough people in there to make it worth the effort of setting it all up there for 3 games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess it depends on what you define "fairly easily." Bring in ice, boards, plexiglass set it all up. :lol: & and sighlines would suck. On the plus tickets would probably be easy to get and would put college hockey on the map if 60,000 showed up. Maybe a Mich/State championship game. I just made my self laugh.

Sic....I don't think that's a requirement because UTSA doesn't have hockey either...

It's not "host" but "Rider" mentioned near hockey at all. A lot of folks have pondered one of the "Philly Five" adding DI hockey. Rider is not that far away from Philly hockey crowds. Would they strap on the DI blades?

The Philly Five: Drexel, St. Joe's, Penn, Temple, La Salle

It's not "host" but "Rider" mentioned near hockey at all. A lot of folks have pondered one of the "Philly Five" adding DI hockey. Rider is not that far away from Philly hockey crowds. Would they strap on the DI blades?

The Philly Five: Drexel, St. Joe's, Penn, Temple, La Salle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dump Drexel, add Villanova and you've got it. Villanova actually had a varsity team, but dropped it when they forced DI schools to play at the DI level. They could have been a player in the MAAC/Atlantic Hockey. Penn also had a DI team into the 70s. Their rink is supposedly better than that of many of the Eastern teams.

Here's some food for though. Yesterday in the Tampa Tribune there was an article stating that the Tampa Bay Area is putting in a bid for the Frozen Four. I think it's for 2011 i'm not too sure on that but I though I would consider it to pass it along to share with the board. See you at the beach.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973