SiouxSports.com Forum

Thank You SS.com and Members

Fedorov

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops! So sorry should have included the thanks to our sudo reporter too!

On a side note if I had a Sioux jersey and had the name "Mapletoft" on the back would I get too many blank looks? ???

Who cares! The great inside joke among the participants here would be worth it.

Whoops! So sorry should have included the thanks to our sudo reporter too!

I previously thanked those who run the site. However I agree with Federov that PCM's contributions exceed the norm of most posters (the stories, recaps, and the information research to prove us wrong about our positions ??? ) and deepens the whole experience here. Thanks, PCM!

This is a great site to follow Sioux hockey. I get my fix on this site on an almost a daily basis during the season and occasionally during the summer as well. A big thanks to those who make this site so great. I have enjoyed reading this site for a couple years now and could not imagine following the Sioux without SS.COM. THANK YOU!!

I get my fix on this site on an almost a daily basis during the season and occasionally during the summer as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"almost a daily basis"? Do you mean there is other stuff to do besides post and read on SS.com? ???

Boy do I need to get out more! My production at work will probably quadruple now that the season is over... oh, never mind we have spring football to talk about now!

I would like to thank CMH for signing up just because I told her to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I resent the implication that I did it JUST because you told me too, I like to think it was time. (I'm a woman, we don't do anything just because some guy tells us to) ???

I've been 'leeching' off everyone else's knowledge for so long I felt it was time to 'give back to the community.'

Thanks to all for your insight and knowledge of the greatness that is UND Hockey!

This is a terrific site, I've kind of always looked in but haven't participated too much until lately. It's nice to have a place to see what's going on with my favorite sports team(including pro teams). Today's a great example of how important this site is to a lot of us Sioux fans, we just got beat 2 days ago in the National Championship game and for some reason we've got more positive talk than I've ever seen.

I would like to thank Jim and his admin for running this board. It is my primary source for a good hockey debate. I also want to thank everyone on here that post with great insight to the hockey team. PCM and Federov for making this site what it is, PCM for the great everything you do, and Federov for all the stupid ??? polls that I check even when it is just for a new vote. ??? I also want to thank everyone else, obviously not as personally, but thanks for all your info and all the research that other people do on here so my fat ass doesn't have too. I appreciate the opportunity to share some of my knowledge with you all too. thanks for the great season of sioux hockey. :D

I too would like to add my appreciation for this site and the personalities that maintain it and frequent it. It has added to immensely to my Sioux experience, both in hockey and some in football. This year I got more involved and really enjoy the banter over the issues around Sioux sports and with chat during games. With so many regular posters at the Frozen Four, I kinda felt a little lonely during the MN and DU games, no offense to the folks that were on-line, to me there just seemed so many that weren

(Fedorov, I'm thrilled to be in the midst of your list ... just to be considered is fun. Thanks.)

If there's a model for message boards elsewhere, this is it, and that in turn is a reflection of the Sioux Hockey community. I see it in person, and on the internet - people who just plain love the game, enjoy every minute of every game, get goosebumps walking into the Ralph, the X, even the John. Whenever and wherever the Green and White strap on the blades to do battle, they do so with as loyal a fan base as you'll find anywhere.

For everyone here, "thanks!" for sharing your thoughts and listening to mine. This place becomes an outlet for my passion for Sioux Hockey, for the Fanatics to gather electronically, and long after my family is tired of hearing me wax rhapsodic about arcana like Zach's great backchecks on Vanek, Schneider's ability to poke check the puck AND keep his momentum in the right place, that Zajac and Spirko are consistently a half-step ahead of the play, how Prpich got under so-and-so's skin, that y'all are here to listen.

For creating such a great gathering place, I too would like to express my appreciation and thanks to the Creators and the Administrators of Siouxsports.com.

Aside from the obvious good things this site brings like "green" and "lots of Sioux fans", it has by far the best design/code of any hockey message board I've visited. Add all the extra features (what-if calcs, RSS, etc) and it blows all of them out of the water. Simply the best.

For creating such a great gathering place, I too would like to express my appreciation and thanks to the Creators and the Administrators of Siouxsports.com.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second FP's appreciation and thanks; this is a great site that I hope continues on for many years. I would like to ask a personal question though.

With no advertisements, how is this board funded?

It might have been mentioned previously, but, if you are looking for a revenue stream how about selling SiouxSports.com hats, sweatshirts, MafiaMan "former avatar" calendars ??? , etc...?

Perhaps a discount to registered members and a freebie or two for anyone that has posted this idea within the last day or so :D . ???

I second FP's appreciation and thanks; this is a great site that I hope continues on for many years. I would like to ask a personal question though.

It might have been mentioned previously, but, if you are looking for a revenue stream how about selling SiouxSports.com hats, sweatshirts, MafiaMan "former avatar" calendars ??? , etc...?

Perhaps a discount to registered members and a freebie or two for anyone that has posted this idea within the last day or so :p . ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The merchandising is a good idea (especially with no advertising). I'd also thank to thank the admin here and the people at the REA and the U's SI dept. - while there were hiccups :D in getting broadcasts, they always responded to questions and comments :p

Also, did anyone have a "grinder" at Sensors last weekend? I thought the attempt was good but it was served on a real plate - not what I remembered in GF with a soggy 1-ply paper plate. I do hope they bring them back for next year though.

I would like to ask a personal question though.

There is actually advertising; however, wherever possible I try to program it to target only non-registered members (hits 90% of the visitors, but doesn't annoy those who contribute by participating). It's really not a big focus, though, because the relatively scarce resource of mine the site consumes disproportionately is time, not money.

I've definitely been pondering merchandise. Not so much as a revenue stream, but just because it would be cool. However, before doing anything like that on a large scale, I'd like to devise a logo of some sort (something reminiscent of the Sioux, but not a UND trademark), which I've just not yet gotten around to commissioning.

Jim,

I run three softball teams and two broomball teams and while I'm not a logo designer, I have come up with some pretty good stuff and have our screenprinters/embroiderers do the dirty work. We have some of the best softball jerseys in the state of Minnesota and get compliments on them all the time. Same thing w/broomball. We've done baseball hats and winter hats. Drop me a line...I'd love to help out if I can. I do like the avatar calendar idea. It wouldn't necessarily have to be just my former ones either!

There is actually advertising; however, wherever possible I try to program it to target only non-registered members (hits 90% of the visitors, but doesn't annoy those who contribute by participating). It's really not a big focus, though, because the relatively scarce resource of mine the site consumes disproportionately is time, not money.

I've definitely been pondering merchandise. Not so much as a revenue stream, but just because it would be cool. However, before doing anything like that on a large scale, I'd like to devise a logo of some sort (something reminiscent of the Sioux, but not a UND trademark), which I've just not yet gotten around to commissioning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about this?

siouxsports10banner.png

Too plain. We need a mascot of some sort. My broomball team is sponsored by the Hoggsbreath Sports Bar in Little Canada. We're the IceHoggs. If I could figure out how to attach the logo here, I would. It's a catchy logo, so much so that people who have no idea what it stands for ask about it and sometimes even buy a hat. Anyone wanna help me put it up here?