SiouxSports.com Forum

Game day is finally here!

ABER

Someone needs to do something about the consistent officiating bias against the Sioux. Once again, the opposing team gets three more PP than the Sioux, including a lengthy 5X3. The Gophers were thoroughly kicked in this game but crappy officiating almost let them back in to the game.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be that guy,  but how many trolls do we think there is going to be on here now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not many. But let's not get cocky, we still have a big game ahead of us. I think Denver is a cheap team that gets away with clutch n grab, so we need a ref that will call the game appropriately. Do not go onto Gopher message boards and celebrate. Keep it here and be classy.

Let's definitely keep this classy. I'm certainly not getting to excited about this win. Yes, it was great, and yes it was even better to beat the goofers, but Denver is a very cheap team, and if the calls are going to go Denver's way on sat. like they went minny's way tonight, we could have a really tough time. However, I still predict a Sioux win! LET'S BRING HOME #8 MEN!! YAHOOOO!!!

Not many. But let's not get cocky, we still have a big game ahead of us. I think Denver is a cheap team that gets away with clutch n grab, so we need a ref that will call the game appropriately. Do not go onto Gopher message boards and celebrate. Keep it here and be classy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. Except for a few "noobs", most of the gopher fans on this site are pretty decent, and I would hope our people try to behave on their sites.

That said, I was praying for this matchup on Saturday. :lol:

Someone needs to do something about the consistent officiating bias against the Sioux.  Once again, the opposing team gets three more PP than the Sioux, including a lengthy 5X3.  The Gophers were thoroughly kicked in this game but crappy officiating almost let them back in to the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I groaned when I saw the Canady penalties live because it seemed obvious he took two. Most of our penalties we deserved ...

Updated PK stats in NCAA play: 27 powerplays in 3 games, 2 goals for, 2 goals against. Net 0 for 27.

Someone needs to do something about the consistent officiating bias against the Sioux.  Once again, the opposing team gets three more PP than the Sioux, including a lengthy 5X3.  The Gophers were thoroughly kicked in this game but crappy officiating almost let them back in to the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it definitely seemed that the Ref didn't want to put the Goofers down a man when they were trailing 4-0 and even Clement commented that the Gophers got away with a few. Another character win and I hope Jordan is okay from the hit. I also loved the ESPN 2 coverage as they constantly panned the audience and showed most of the Sioux fans celebrating goals. I know I spotted NorthDakotaHockey and I also believe I spotted PCM. Who was it that I had their face painted and had a large Sioux pennant hanging from their neck. I have to get one. I also loved Belfours reaction to Parise's great glove save on the backhander to keep it 1-0. One more guys, you can do it. :lol:

Congrats to the Sioux on a dominating game! I could tell from the first minute of the game that the Gophers were going to be in trouble. I kind of hoped the two weeks off would slow the Sioux down but I was WRONG! I really think they are looking at #8 this year, they are really playing well right now....the most important time of the year to be playing well too! Good luck on Saturday vs. Denver, I will be rooting for the Sioux (just so Denver does not get the back to back). :lol::lol:

Yes, I'm pathetic enough to post from Columbus. Terrific night to be a Sioux fan. I'd say they dominated pretty much in the same fashion as in Worcester. They had to make it interesting in the third for a few minutes, then regained composure and put them away pretty quietly down the stretch. It was a blast sitting in the middle of a green group that was entirely into the game. Cheering their butts off. Tough game coming up, but I'm cautiously confident. It is in fact tough to get to the front of the net against the UND defense.

jk, good to hear from you. I sent you an email.

On the telecast the announcers were saying it was a pretty short list of Gopher players willing to go in front of the net tonite.

What a great game to be a Sioux fan. I was nervous as heck, and frankly that middle part of the 3rd period warranted my nerves. Just when I began to think this game was in hand, the gophs get 2 quick ones and suddenly I could envision bad things happening. But once again, the Sioux weathered the storm and worked their way out of it. Very impressive performance.

I think Parise's save on Smaagaard might have made the difference in the game. (someone else mentioned that before me on here somewhere).

How dominant was the Stafford/Zajac/Spirko line tonite? And Stafford was fantastic!

Again. Eric BoFabian.

Parise. What a great night. The 2 weeks did nothing to hurt him. Hopefully he's not wracked up after that big collision.

How about the solid, physical play of our defense, all around?

Harrington....you said our guys don't like to get hit. Funny Irmen ended up charging Greene. Looks like your teammates had the worse trouble controlling themselves after being hit.

Parise dodged a bullet when he came out of the net in the 3rd period, and the puck ended up out in front of the net. A bit more luck on the shot and this game would have been way different.

Right after Canady takes the extra penalty and I was having flashbacks of mistakes the Sioux haven't made for a month and a half. Fortunately they didn't have to pay the big price. Canady did come back and play very very well after that. Way to go Brian.

This win against a tournament tested/successful Lucia will bring a large measure of credibility to Hakstol. Win or lose on Saturday night, opposing coaches won't be able to go into recruit's houses and talk about how the program is faltering now that the legendary Dean Blais is no longer at the helm. Hakstol brought in a very good class for next year, and in his first year as coach has worked out the early season kinks, and has some players making contributions that they didn't give under Blais. I think this late season run has been even more far reaching in it's importance than just it's impact this season.

Way to go guys. One more game to go.

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Got back from the big kindergarten play and popped the tape in. The Sioux just absolutely smoked the goofers. I don't think I've ever seen so many bodies flying through the ice as I did tonight. Great game by the Fabain and the rest of the boys. Got a tough one on Saturday.

Lets get #8!

Eric BoFabian.
Why can't he be Erik BoFabian? :lol:

Great post, dagies. I agree with all of it, especially this part:

I think this late season run has been even more far reaching in it's importance than just it's impact this season.

One last piece of praise from the ESPN2 crew that I don't believe has been mentioned.  Clement also praised Schneider's ability to poke-check opposing players at the blue-line.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard that too. Actually, I thought the TV announcers were pretty fair last night. However, I think they over-emphasised our defense which undermines our offensive threats. We do have some very good forwards - But at times I think they forget how good they are.