SiouxSports.com Forum

Game day is finally here!

ABER

I thought they called the game fairly well and didn't make up too $%&* as they go. I hope they use Thrusday nights crew instead of the afternoon's whistle-happy crew. The Guyer dive should have been though called and it should have been 4 on 4 instead of the PP.

Not that it mattered in the outcome, but what happend on the Goph's second goal when Parise was on his knees and the puck flew by?

I'm very happy I only have to hear "Paris-say" one more night from Clement (this year).

Let's Go Sioux!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if that was the goal or not, but it looked to me like one of the Gopher players slightly obstructed Schneider from getting into the shooting lane. Then Schneider kind of retaliated against that player, and nothing was called (other than the goal). Just my unprofessional hockey opinion. Not that it matters anymore.

Here's one for you. When Fabian was a senior in HS he was on the cut list for the Section 8A/AA team but Coach Eades insisted that he be added to the roster. Think maybe he saw something in the kid others missed? I liked Clements many comments on how hard-working and tenacious the Sioux play. Overall a thorough thrashing of the Gophs that was treat to watch. The statement by the announcers when the SOG graphic was put up, something like these numbers are close but don't really show the Sioux's domination of the game and the one about the Gophs not willing to do what it takes to get to the slot gave us plenty of ammo to rib our lone Gophs fan watching at the local Tavern. If they keep the Hard Hat and Lunchpail attitude they should hoist number 8.

However, I think they over-emphasised our defense which undermines our offensive threats.  We do have some very good forwards - But at times I think they forget how good they are.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right. The big question during the regular season was: "Why aren't the Sioux scoring more? They have so many good forwards."

Now, even with Brady Murray and Rylan Kaip out, the Sioux are scoring the way many expected them to score all season long. The tendency is to treat this as a fluke or as the Sioux getting hot at the right time. But the truth is, the team is simply playing up to the potential that its always had.

When DU swept the Sioux at the Ralph, I was in awe at how many good forwards the Pioneers had on their roster. Here's what I see now for UND:

Spirko-Zajac-Stafford

They dominated the Gophers and could easily have scored two or three more goals. This line has as much skill and ability as any DU line, if not more. The only thing they lack is experience.

Porter-McMahon-Genoway

This line has proven that it can score big goals in big games. The combination of Genoway the finesse player, McMahon the smart two-way center and Porter the hard-charging power forward makes this line effective on both ends of the ice.

Fabian-Canady-Massen

I'll call this UND's "surprise!" line. Fabian's hard work and determination are paying off. Canady and Massen have been given a golden opportunity to prove themselves, and they're making the most of it. It will be interesting to see if DU has an answer for them.

I'm no longer in awe of Denver's forwards. They're very good and very deep, but so are the Sioux.

All i have to say is that we didn't beat a very good Gopher team like hennesy said they looked really sloppy in the nuetral zone and seemed suprised at the start of the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed that MN didn't look very good last night, but give them some credit...they are a good team (they made the FF for cryin' out loud)...just a team that didn't match the Sioux's energy level last night--much in the same way CC couldn't match Denver's earlier in the day...both Denver and UND earned their victories.

Congrats on a storybook season. Your toughest test is tomorrow night...that Denver team has looked unbeatable...your classic unstoppable force against an immoveable object. It has the makings of a classic.

We'll see ya next year!