SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. UND Tilt

SIOUX99

[

Parker has played both teams and gives the edge to his Hockey East counterparts.

"I'm not trying to give BC the kiss of death, but I've said all along I think they're the best team in the nation," he said. "And North Dakota is just losing guys out of the lineup to injury and BC is just getting guys back.

"North Dakota will have their hands full tomorrow night," he said.

Just like BU did with Jordan Parise

EAT UR WORDS PARKER

GO SIOUX!!!!!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an unbelievable season. Congratulations to the Fighting Sioux!

For the stats gurus out there, since the Feb. 26-27 series against Wisconsin, the Sioux are averaging 3.73 goals per game and 1.55 goals against per game for an average margin of victory of 2.18 goals per game.

In seven playoff games, the Sioux are averaging 4.57 goals per game and giving up 1.71 for an average margin of victory of 2.86 goals per game.

Do you think they're peaking at the right time? :D

Just a "shout out" to Hakstol and Berry & Eades. Great job with these guys.

This is a team that was on the cusp of packing it in 5 weeks ago. Now, they are the hottest team in the country.

When many were questioning whether Hak had the right stuff to be head coach, I just remembered a two minute meeting with the man during the WJC's. He seemed like a real solid character, with enough class to let a guy like me just walk up to him in the concourse of the Ralph and demand his time. Ditto for his wife. Nice folk. Never doubted his potential. Glad to see it coming around.

This Sioux team, in MY pre-season assessment, should have won the WCHA. Of course, that doesn't mean a hill of beans. However, of late, they are proving me right, which I love!

Please continue to show how smart I am (joke). Go Sioux!

For the stats gurus out there, since the Feb. 26-27 series against Wisconsin, the Sioux are averaging 3.73 goals per game and 1.55 goals against per game for an average margin of victory of 2.18 goals per game.

In seven playoff games, the Sioux are averaging 4.57 goals per game and giving up 1.71 for an average margin of victory of 2.86 goals per game.

Do you think they're peaking at the right time?  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice work with the stats PCM...you know the stat I like the best? We are in the FROZEN FOUR BABY!!! Who would have thunk it about a month or two ago?

Cannot say enough about this team. I knew they had the talent to get there but to see them come together and play this hard when it really counts is just flat out impressive. Even Hakstol himself claimed they would be tough in the playoffs due to their defense and goaltending, but who would think Parise would show up and dominate games the same time the Sioux offense did. Congrats....

Do you think they're peaking at the right time?  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think many of us were expecting stats closer to that all year. Now that they are scoring, they are just dominating teams.

Absolutely terrific to see Canady bury the puck to seal the deal.

In the last month, he's become the player that we all hoped he'd become.

Its terrific to see.

While our powerplay has earned well-deserved praise for their 0 for 18 streak, kudos AGAIN to the Horses, who come out right after every penalty (thus ensuring a ton of shifts!) and stuff the opponent while our "best players" catch their breath.

Outstanding. Just outstanding.

Unbelievable!!! or perhaps it is!!

The second period told the story....

after killing off what seemed like 100 straight penalites against them, the sioux came right back and put another 2 between the pipes. That period was a tale of how there season has been.

Including myself for a while....nobody was giving this team a break early on, but they have perservered, and have come charging back....HUGE!

That first part of the second period was a joke! I think it was 7 straight penalty kills by the sioux.....and stopped BC cold! Certainly cant say that BC was given a chance....they had it, but they ran into a sioux team with Parise at the helm.

Simply an awsome performance! Have a few more beers to finish, then off to bed to see what the Boston globe has to say about the WCHA and the Sioux tomorrow.

WAY TO GO SIOUX!!

It's so late, and I haven't read everything yet, but a few comments (not bagging on anyone, just having a little fun):

1. I guess it was Blais holding them back.

2. I'm glad UND recruited Jordan's brother so they could get recruiting leverage to land Jordan.

3. Watching the afternoon game, sandwiched between the two parts of UND's Beanpot title, I was thankful (thankful, thankful, thankful) that UND didn't get sent to a regional played on the frozen ocean. It's no coincidence IMO that the regional disappointments of the last two years came on the big sheet.

4. One of these times, Fabian is going to come around to the front of the net and push the puck, the goalie pad and the whole goalie right into the net.

5. Geez, the team is on a roll. Could they play the semifinal on Monday? If the Shottenwhatsitsname isn't available yet, I could probably get Cook Arena in Coon Rapids for them.

Wow.

What a performance.

Farce Poobah, it is INCUMBENT upon you to caution the team NOT to take any penalties in the Frozen Four. Me too!

I feel great for Canady.

I thought Greene's first penalty was weak. But thought pretty much every call on the Sioux was deserved. After a while, things started to even up.

The charging the goalie call on BU was bogus. Andy was lucky he didn't knock Parise out of the game.

The ref caught the BU player hanging onto Marvin's? stick and gave him the holding penalty instead of Marvin the tripping penalty. Great call.

People might be upset with Thorne and Clement but what I heard tonite were things like:

1. How aggressive the Sioux are

2. How big and tough the Sioux are

3. How good a defense the Sioux play

4. How good a coach the Sioux have

5. And I heard Clement complain about all the calls against the Sioux in the first period. He just wanted them to be let to play hockey.

6. How impressed they were to see the Sioux laying down to block shots with the game in hand.

I heard little to complain about.

I was very afraid the Sioux were going to run out of gas in the 3rd period. Our top guys were playing special teams all of the first 2 periods. The Horsemen and the Red Peppers barely got on the ice. And I think it started to show part way through the 3rd. Considering it was their 5th game in 10 days it would be no surprise.

I was surprised to see Fylling and Marvin did not get much time down the stretch. Seemed Prpich was rotated onto the Horsemen's line.

Was also surprised to see Radke play some early in the game. Why was that? Not that I'm complaining. Seemed like he got a shift and that was about it.

Geez, I've never been so impressed with our defensemen as I have been this weekend.

"

Hey dagies, good set of observations.

Yeah, all those reminders from us TO NOT TAKE LOTS OF PENALTIES really worked. It must be part of the Magic Formula for winning.

Am I the only one who thought the holding the stick penalty on BC would have gone the other way if the game would have been reffed by a dumb-aff WCHA ref? (One of my pet peeves on the season.)

After 5 games in 10 days, these guys can sure use a bit of rest.