SiouxSports.com Forum

GAMEDAY SIOUX VS BU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Officiating has become a joke in college hockey. These are the best officials? It is annoying if they call it this tight, but then they still need to be consistent. They let two hooks go and then called a cross checking penalty on us towards the end of the period. Maybe he tried to make up for it by then giving us the 5 X 3. I think more penalties need to be called for holding on BU as well. The UND players need to keep their feet moving more and they should get those calls.

Sounds like the good guys have had most of the even strength chances in the early going.  Man I wish NESN was carrying this game... they carried the BC game but not this one.  I don't get it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Comcast bought the rights to this one. Which won't help dish owners. It's on one of their cable-only channels.

After every (well almost every) PK or PP, the Massen-Fabian-Canady line comes out, and keeps the puck consistently in the other end. Territorial advantage is proving to be key, b/c the refs aren't letting defenders do ANYthing.

Ugh. I hate this reffing style, even though its been consistent so far.

Comcast bought the rights to this one. Which won't help dish owners. It's on one of their cable-only channels.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not true. It's on FSN-MN. Plus Mich/UW is on an alternate channel and ESPNU. Sioux game will be replayed later on ESPNU.

First Period Thoughts:

Tough sledding offensively. BU mans up very well and doesn't let us move. Thank goodness Stafford scored, because I can see this ending at 1-0. Hopefully we can continue to keep it in their zone and just wear them out.

I kind of find it nice that everything is being called. We know we always do something stupid on the PK anyways, but at least stuff is going against BU now.

BU goalie gives up rebounds, but we need guys to be in front and waiting for that puck.

Does anybody else find this game really hard to watch......no flow, and BU just hounds the heck out of you when you get the puck....it is like they are skating in syrup out there. A penalty every 2 seconds doesn't help either, but at least it isn't being called only one way...so no complaints, the boys just have to make the adjustments and try to stay out of the box.

Good game so far, I just wish it had some type of flow. Massen's line seems to be doing a nice job of at least keeping possession of the puck. Nice goal by Stafford, although I did find it funny that the ESPN announcers were pretty much trying to make any excuse for it....."I think the entire BU team screened their goalie on this one" Ok, they weren't QUITE that bad LOL