SiouxSports.com Forum

Screw this crap

01grad

The officiating wasn't that bad. It wasn't very inconsistent but I am not going to resort to blaming the reffing on the outcomes of these games. The Sioux played tough and will probably have a tough time tomorrow after losing Brady and Bina because the team is tired. I remembered seeing Zajac saying a naughty word as Brady left the ice, which showed me that they know it will be tough here on out. Sure it hurts, but they need to get through it. It wasn't due to poor refereeing that he and Bina got hurt. Because #12 on Denver took a cheap shot doesn't mean it was poor reffing, though he could have given the guy 5:00, the damage was already done. Even if you call a tight game, players will still do stupid stuff. This is always what they talk about with basketball conference tourneys is players getting hurt when it really isn't that important. I talked to the medical staff while I was waiting to ride the zamboni and they said they thought Bina wasn't that bad off and would probably be okay though the hit looked cheap and bad.

We had a very valiant effort and played the top team in the country very tough. I will not make excuses for our loss as we played well and the win could have gone either way.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just asked to be on the thing. I told them to find a kid, but you needed to be at least 21 to ride the Bud Light one. So may people asked me about my gold gopher/sioux helmet and I told them my team is the Sioux since I went to college there, but I will cheer for the gophers as long as they aren't up against UND. I guess I am one of the few in this category because everybody thought that was really odd.

I guess I am just dissapointed because watching the game live I didn't see all of the replays and hear the play by play and thought the game was fine. We played very well against a tough team and I didn't think I would log on tonight to see that people were making excuses and complaining about stupid stuff.

Not many people are blaming Adam for the less. I don't even care that UND lost as they played a helluva game and showed a huge amount of heart. What people don't like is that Bina got run and Adam didn't do anything. And now people aren't so much mad anymore as they are concerned for Robbie.

You're missing the point. Paukovich's hit on Bina should have been a major penalty. If that hit wasn't worthy of a 5-minute major, what is? What's the point of having major penalties in the game if they're not called when they happen?

Paukovich should have been gone from the game, forcing the Pioneers to juggle their lines just at the Sioux did when Bina was knocked out. The Sioux should have had three minutes of major penalty power play time. Maybe it would have been the difference in the game and maybe it wouldn't. But there's simply no excuse for UND not coming out of the situation with a power play.

The WCHA's after-the-fact suspension of Paukovich only proves that Adam blew the call on the ice. If you read about how horrid Adam was in officiating the UW-UAA series and how he failed to call a major penalty in one of those games (later asssessed by the WCHA -- again -- after the fact), perhaps you'd understand that Adam should have been the last person the league should want officiating a nationally televised tournament.

But year after year, season after season, the WCHA continues to operate as if nothing's wrong with its officiating. Even when the NCAA ordered college hockey to clean up its act this season, the WCHA temporarily went along and then got back to business as usual, ignoring the NCAA directive.

And what was one of the primary reasons that NCAA demanded changes in college hockey officiating? It was because of the way Denver played in winning its national championship. Yes, assessing a two-minute minor to Paukovich for flagrant boarding certainly tells me that the WCHA is into making serious changes in the way it officiates games. :D

A player like Robbie Bina shouldn't have to get his neck broken before the WCHA sees the light.

01grad

talk about not getting what almost everyone was trying to say in their posts. They are not blaming the officiating on the loss, they and I are mad at Adam's lack of judgement to call a major penalty on a play that happened right in front of him. Now Bina's in the hospital, with an injury that is being reported as "serious".

No one cares about the power play the sioux should have had, they care about the health of the players. You cannot make a hit like that on any level and it is the job of the officials that when a hit like that does occur, to throw that player out of the game and send the message that dangerous play like that will not be tolerated in hockey.

Obviously they missed the call because a little over an hour later they suspend the player who made the hit.

Amen! This guy knows more about college hockey then all the rest of you brainsurgeons combined.

You're missing the point. Paukovich's hit on Bina should have been a major penalty. If that hit wasn't worthy of a 5-minute major, what is? What's the point of having major penalties in the game if they're not called when they happen?

Paukovich should have been gone from the game, forcing the Pioneers to juggle their lines just at the Sioux did when Bina was knocked out. The Sioux should have had three minutes of major penalty power play time. Maybe it would have been the difference in the game and maybe it wouldn't. But there's simply no excuse for UND not coming out of the situation with a power play.

The WCHA's after-the-fact suspension of Paukovich only proves that Adam blew the call on the ice. If you read about how horrid Adam was in officiating the UW-UAA series and how he failed to call a major penalty in one of those games (later asssessed by the WCHA -- again -- after the fact), perhaps you'd understand that Adam should have been the last person the league should want officiating a nationally televised tournament.

But year after year, season after season, the WCHA continues to operate as if nothing's wrong with its officiating. Even when the NCAA ordered college hockey to clean up its act this season, the WCHA temporarily went along and then got back to business as usual, ignoring the NCAA directive.

And what was one of the primary reasons that NCAA demanded changes in college hockey officiating? It was because of the way Denver played in winning its national championship. Yes, assessing a two-minute minor to Paukovich for flagrant boarding certainly tells me that the WCHA is into making serious changes in the way it officiates games.  ???

A player like Robbie Bina shouldn't have to get his neck broken before the WCHA sees the light.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I talked to the medical staff while I was waiting to ride the zamboni and they said they thought Bina wasn't that bad off and would probably be okay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Before you post something you "heard while waiting to ride the zamboni", get your facts straight. Yeah, he might be okay, but his career in hockey might not be.

In addition, May should have had a 5 minute hitting from behind earlier in the game, for a hit that was exactly like the one Paukovich made, except that an injury didn't result. Shepard and crew continue to be clueless. Who won the game was unimportant after those hits and non-calls.

Anytime a player lays on the ice for 15 minutes and is taken off on a stretcher would be considered pretty bad off in my book. Glad to see the folks that run the Zamboni also are so well-versed in their medical knowledge that they can tell when a player is hurt or not hurt.

The refs are there to enforce the rules of the game. If they can't do that, they are useless. If I performed my job as well as the WCHA refs have performed this year, I would have been shown the door along time ago. It is too bad that an injury to this magnitude points out the ineptness of Adam and the rest of the WCHA reffing crew!

Just because we happen to have bad luck and lose two players in under a minute to injuries doesn't mean it is because the refs have called a poor game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

01 take your rosie colored glasses off, If the three blind mice have to confer after the Bina hit, I think there's major problems!!!!!!!!

Taking a quick minute to catch up on what had happened yesterday since I was in Detroit for the CCHA I am just shocked to hear what had happened. I had video taped the game and seen what happened to Bina.

Reading on the various sites about the game and on the INCH site where the Michigan Tech AD Yeo stated,

I was just asked to be on the thing.  I told them to find a kid, but you needed to be at least 21 to ride the Bud Light one.  So may people asked me about my gold gopher/sioux helmet and I told them my team is the Sioux since I went to college there, but I will cheer for the gophers as long as they aren't up against UND.  I guess I am one of the few in this category because everybody thought that was really odd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't be a SIOUX Fan and still pull for the Gophers, There is something wrong with you.

I think you should be band from this site on the grounds of stupidity!!!

A SIOUX Fan that likes the Gophers you are a total idiot.

I don't want to keep on but you have to be a complete Moron.

You should move down to the cities and kiss up to the golden crappers.

Add to the fact they had over 15 minutes to review this penalty and do the right thing while they removed Robbie from the ice. This idiot was able to still play in a game!!

Sheppard talked of RESPECT of his refs during an interview with Greg during the Wisc game. To me he would have gained some if he called down to the box and said a 5 minute major MUST be called!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think 01grad was sitting by the zamboni exhaust and inhaled a few too many fumes. Either that or it was a few too many wobbly-pops talking but where did anyone say that this was not a well played game by an tired and undermanned Sioux team. Our posts are all about the blown call fella.

I re-watched the hit on Robbie on my Tivo and Don Adam seen everything the camera angle from MSC/FoxN does not lie!! ?????????

Adam should resign before another player from the league is hurt!!! ;)

And what gives??? Daddy's little boy does the Gopher game?? :huh:

Derek is still not going to be picked to do any NCAA's Greg, So get over it! he blew it when he did such a horse-sh** job in Grand Forks! When the Big Boy's from the NCAA's were here they seen how crappy he was!! :0

End rant.... :angry:

I re-watched the hit on Robbie on my Tivo and Don Adam seen everything the camera angle from MSC/FoxN does not lie!! ???  ???  ???

Adam should resign before another player from the league is hurt!!! ;)

And what gives??? Daddy's little boy does the Gopher game?? :huh:

Derek is still not going to be picked to do any NCAA's Greg, So get over it! he blew it when he did such a horse-sh** job in Grand Forks! When the Big Boy's from the NCAA's were here they seen how crappy he was!! :0

End rant.... :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Resign? He should be fired. If that wasn't a five minute major, then the Sioux should "foil up" against the gophers. Evidently, anything goes.

01Grad....Get your head out of your a$$!!!!

Anderson and Adams are both horible refs, eveybody knows it. It's not just Sioux fans who think this way...anyone who follows the WCHA would agree that there has got to be something done.

If I were you I wouldn't wear that dumb as$ helmet anymore because everyone now can point you out and see for themselves how big of a doorknob you really are....

And what was one of the primary reasons that NCAA demanded changes in college hockey officiating? It was because of the way Denver played in winning its national championship. Yes, assessing a two-minute minor to Paukovich for flagrant boarding certainly tells me that the WCHA is into making serious changes in the way it officiates games.  ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The hit took place right in front right across the ice from where I was sitting. It was a vicious dirty hit, and actually the UND players should have made this clown pay for his antics. The player in question without a doubt should have to miss the entire NCAA playoffs. The ref that blew the call should get a public rebuke and suspended. The brutal reality is that Adam blew the call and the fact that the league suspended the players only shows Adam was wrong. I am sick and tired of the refs screwing UND. This was a hugh play and could have ended in the Sioux winning the game. That being said Denver is not that good and is over rated. I also hate Denver, they are cocky and run their mouths a lot.

I agree Adams should be fired or resign. It obvious that he is a truely blind. Missed to major pentalies in two weeks. The first one coming in UAA vs Consin. The leagues suspended someone on a hit that wasn't called a major by Adams and then yesterday. Missed a call and another player got suspended. That is a good thing he didn't refee the third game in Consin because he prolly got his bell rung for being a blind idiot. I think if the league doesn't do anything. Some is going to get killed or paralized durning a Adams game. The league should get rid of him or we and the WCHA should start a patition.

You know, 01grad probably had a few too many barley-pops.  He's never posted like this before.  Why don't we let it lie?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His post seems more than bizarre, kind of like the Hirsch show last night. Maybe there was something in the X' ductwork blowing around out there, or he was sniffin' to much zam exhaust.