SiouxSports.com Forum

Screw this crap

01grad

Though shep has a valid point, I think the message needs to be sent.  Replacing Adam would improve the quality of the officiating in the WCHA, but it won't prevent a cheap hit like that from happening again.

Leadership sets tone, folks.  We were questioning our leadership early in the year.  Well, it's WCHA leadership that is setting the tone.  If they entrust officials with rewards such as this to watch them allow the jeopardization of the players to be higher than the normal wear and tear that a well officiated game would entail, then the tone is set and I fear for all of the small players in the league.

Yes, Adam should be fired, but not because of just this game.  It's his track record.  Time and time again he compromised the safety of the game.  This has to stop and it has to end NOW.

Fire Greg Shepherd, Don Adam, and Todd Anderson.  Then hire a retired NHL head ref to be the supervisor of officials (maybe lure Kerry Frasier into retirement to take the helm?) and hire some new blood into the ranks.  Notice I didn't call for Derek Shepherd's firing.  I think he should be put on probation and watched for the entire next season.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What he said!!! Thanks Redwing 77!! I agree 99.9%

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Sioux fans aren't the only ones whining about officiating. I heard many Gopher fans in our section crying about the "no-goal" against CC that "deflated the team." In fact, a fan by the concourse yelled "Shepherd 3, Gophers 0" as I walked by him (I was wearing a CC hat). What a bunch of homers...I only wish I could have heard Whiny Woog and Melancholy Mazzocco griping about how it's a gigantic conspiracy against the Gophers leading all the way to the top of the Bush administration.

Part of ref hating is to acknowledge good reffing should it occur. To everyone, thank God for instant replay. How many bad goals could have counted this weekend. I hope all game feature this soon. Mistakes are OK, but shouldn't decide games.

To Campion, great job. Your are among the best.

To Anderson & Shepard (yes, him), pretty good job, but not Campion-like.

To Adam, Learn this line, "Would you like fires with that?"

A grand total of 0 games were decided by bad calls this weekend. Absolutely none.

I have no problem with instant replay if they get the call right. Problem is, I'm still fuming at the goal SCSU won the 2001 Final Five on when a Husky forward clearly knocked down Andy Kollar just a second or two before the "game-winner" went in. Frankly, I thought every call that went to the booth this weekend was correctly called, including the Gopher "goal" against CC.

A grand total of 0 games were decided by bad calls this weekend.  Absolutely none.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How can you say that. The Sioux were a tired team and their already short bench got shorter with Bina's injury. If the correct call had been made the Sioux would have had an extra 3 minutes of PP and Denvers bench would have been shortened by one. The way the Sioux were playing who's to say they wouldn't have potted the winner in regulation under those circumstances.

Apparently Sioux fans aren't the only ones whining about officiating.  I heard many Gopher fans in our section crying about the "no-goal" against CC that "deflated the team."  In fact, a fan by the concourse yelled "Shepherd 3, Gophers 0" as I walked by him (I was wearing a CC hat).  What a bunch of homers...I only wish I could have heard Whiny Woog and Melancholy Mazzocco griping about how it's a gigantic conspiracy against the Gophers leading all the way to the top of the Bush administration.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, normally it is everyone else whinning that the refs rule in FAVOR of the Gophers....in fact, I have stated that the reffing was horrible all around, inconsistant and poor for ALL teams playing. All the WCHA boys will get rude awakenings when they get non-WCHA refs in teh NCAA's...

WPoS

I was just asked to be on the thing.  I told them to find a kid, but you needed to be at least 21 to ride the Bud Light one.  So may people asked me about my gold gopher/sioux helmet and I told them my team is the Sioux since I went to college there, but I will cheer for the gophers as long as they aren't up against UND.  I guess I am one of the few in this category because everybody thought that was really odd.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trust me, your not quite as odd as Hirsch.