SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Gophs

WPoS

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is great to be a Sioux fan right now. For a team that has been criticized for their lack of character, they have shown all those nay-sayers wrong. All I can say is WOW - I have never been more proud of a Sioux team. I can't wait until next week. GO SIOUX!!!!

What a great win and gutty performance by the Sioux. I'm very proud of the way our guys and the coaching staff have responded to adversity.

Goaltending was the difference. Parise was sharp and Briggs was not.

What needs to happen now so we get a 2nd seed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New Hampshire needs to lose to BC and we should have a 2 seed (8th spot). Couple other things could happen which would move us up higher.

Edit: It seems that even if UNH wins, the Sioux would still get the 8th spot. This was with no upsets in the other conference championship games.

The worst I could figure out, while just casually running through it is UND finishing tied for 8th with Michigan.

Frank and Doug were much better than usual; more fair to the Sioux and gave credit where it was deserved. I've never heard credit from Woog for good defense, but today he said it; often. Course then two Sioux dmen score goals.

Been waiting for a long time for the shot from the point to find a way into the net; finally today Greene's shot did.

Can someone explain the difference between boarding and checking from behind.  I think checking from behind is a major but don't know what the technical differences are between the two calls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From my understanding, boarding occurs when you violently hit another player into the boards. It technically does not have to be a hit from behind, where as a checking from behind occurs when a player is not expecting to be hit and cannot defend himself. If anyone disagrees or has a better way to describe it, feel free.