SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Dogs - Saturaday

Schmitzzz

Hey I want to know why Duluth fans chant "We have trees" and "we want icecream?" Any of you UMD fans on this board can tell me WHY on earth would you yell something like that at a hockey game?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. They are/were drunk.

2. North Dakota doesn't have trees.

3. REA has kick a$$ ice cream!

There doesn't have to be a real reason to yell crap at a game. Believe me, I know. :lol:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone earlier said they through Stafford and Porter didn't contribute: I'd respectfully disagree. Chris was grinding constantly. He has a wicked sick wrister! He missed one just wide that was smoking. And Stafford is a lot better stickhandler than I recall; at least he seemed so tonight. He made a couple of awesome passes, especially the one setting up Genoway's goal.

Hennesey talked to seniors on the air after the game and it sounded like they were pretty emotional out there on the ice. After this last three series run, the seniors have shown some real heart.

But if they go deep into the NCAAs, I wouldn't be surprised either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IMHO I think Porter is an awesome power forward that plays hard every shift. I believe that Porter is a gifted forward and has 10 goals to show for. The play of the 4th line has sparked the team and they man handled Duluth this weekend. I am not sure why the so called experts said they would be beat in three games. Duluth showed me nothing this weekend. Our bigger defensemen made them pay all weekend. UND now has 6 forwards with 10+ goals. Not too bad for a team that can't score.

Edited by Goon

1. They are/were drunk.

2. North Dakota doesn't have trees.

3. REA has kick a$$ ice cream!

There doesn't have to be a real reason to yell crap at a game. Believe me, I know. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True that Diggler. Maybe the Ice Cream thing is because of some promotional deal that they have perhaps? Like if the Bulldogs win or score a certain number of goals, they get free Ice Cream perhaps. :huh:

As for Canady's goal, it was because he (and yes I'm beating this idea to death) did EXACTLY what I've been screaming at the radio for the Sioux to do all year long:  Crash the net.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought you were the one who always talks about rushing the net. :lol::huh:

For those who appreciate good penalty killing, the last penalty the Sioux killed in the third period (Fuher for high-sticking) was a thing of beauty. The Sioux simply manhandled the Bulldogs, knocking them off the puck, outworking them in the corners and finishing every check. I suspect that UMD's players were actually glad when the power play ended because they were physically dominated.

For those who appreciate good penalty killing, the last penalty the Sioux killed in the third period (Fuher for high-sticking) was a thing of beauty. The Sioux simply manhandled the Bulldogs, knocking them off the puck, outworking them in the corners and finishing every check. I suspect that UMD's players were actually glad when the power play ended because they were physically dominated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the kind of stuff I like to hear.

It seems to me that these boys gained a whole season's worth of confidence in one weekend. I don't think they are over-confident by any means. They know the job isn't finished. At the same time it seems they have now figured out how to finish the job.

I don't know why people get so up in arms about some fans leaving a little early.  It isn't a mass exodus like at gopher games.  Some of the same people getting so upset live in Minneapolis and could very well be here themselves.  I have a friend that drives down for just about every series, but I don't cast stones at those who don't do the same and say they are any less fans.  Everyone knows there was plenty of tickets, so you can't use that as an excuse.  Let's put it this way, at least they came to an important playoff series, and many of them are from a distance away as well.  Maybe they didn't want to get home really late.  Just remember, they have reasons for leaving early just like you have reasons for not being here.  By the way, I don't leave games until the final buzzer, but I am just saying that jumping on people not knowing their reasons can go both ways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great post!! I'm not sure why people on here get all worried about people leaving early either. I have friends who come from the cities for every weekend series, and they usually leave saturday games early, when the scores permits them to, to make a jump on heading back. At least these people are attending the games.

Good restraint shown by several Sioux, as Peluso cheap shot everyone he could over the last 5 minutes. As much as I don't want the Sioux to lose anyone for the playin game, I'd have loved to watch Greene disfigure his face (wait a minute, it already is). Little Shep let about 5 of the cheap shots go until sticking him in the box; guess he was giving the Sioux a chance for a DQ.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Peluso didn't cheap shot EVERYONE, I noticed that he went out of his way to avoid Mr. Prpich the entire weekend. I guess he still remembers the time Mike worked him like a $2 hooker a couple of years ago...

This was the only series I got to go and see the Sioux play this year. I've been in Iraq since December, and my 2 weeks of leave happened to occur when the playoffs started. Now I will get to see the Final 5 also, since all the games are televised this year. I thought the Sioux played extremely well, (I know they have been having problems hitting the back of the net all year) and are finally getting rewarded for their hard work. The senior class will be the ones that decide how far this team goes, and right now they are playing like they want to go out on top. I hope that everyone going to the Final 5 next weekend has a great time, and make sure to give the Goofer fans he$$!!

Go Sioux!

I like the fact that now a bunch of people here know who I am, but I don't know who they are.  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Diggs, I took your picture last night out on the concourse. I made you turn around so I could get the flag you were wearing draped over you. I didn't even know who you were, I just wanted a picture of a guy wearing a UND flag for a cape. So what's this story about countdown to Peluso's career?

I don't think the games were called that well. I realize a lot of holding happens, but I was surprised how many times the Sioux jerseys were pulled away from their bodies with no calls. I don't think he would have done well if he actually had to call two real hockey games. Luckily for us, UND is bad enough to dominate the Land Cows and there was nothing that could stop them.

I don't think the games were called that well.  I realize a lot of holding happens, but I was surprised how many times the Sioux jerseys were pulled away from their bodies with no calls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. It's easy to say that Shepherd did a good job because the Sioux won handily, but there were an awful lot of penalties both ways that went uncalled.

I've never seen a team get away with as much stick grabbing and holding as Duluth. And Brady Murray will either be worn out or in great shape for the Final Five after dragging along a Bulldog player every time he was on the ice.

Rushing the net is what tennis players do. Crashing the net is what hockey players do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Prior to the past few weekends, when the Sioux have had a multitude of scoring chances go "over the net" rather than "into the net", rushing the net may have been more appropriate :lol:

I don't care how they look.  Peluso was skating around trying to start something.  What he should have started was scoring drives instead of trying to start fights.  I think the UHL or the Central Hockey League will enjoy a player like Peluso.  Can scare, but most importantly, he can fight.

I don't recall Peluso being a "goon" type player when the Bulldogs play other teams so I'm just thinking that Sioux players get under his skin.  THat's good because it appears as though, with the exception of the first period, the Bulldogs seemed overly distracted.

Too bad for Isaac Reichmuth.  I've always been impressed with him.  Shaky senior season for him.

Runnin- I want UAA to pull through too.  I hate those diving premadonnas (the non-good kinds).  Plus, I think UAA deserves to win more than UW does.  They've had this aire about them (UW) that says "we're the best and the only reason why we lose is because we got robbed."  Well, UAA has nothing to lose.  They are playing for the upset and that makes them dangerous.  I hope UW watches as time expires on the WCHA Final 5 hopes tommorrow. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Marco Peluso

TY: 23 Penalties, 54 PIM

LY: 25 Penalties, 75 PIM

It's not just the Sioux. And there's a HUGE difference between this year and last year. Also, no one else on the team really ever steps up and defends the little guys from all the cheap shots they take, so Peluso's gotta defend them himself. He's not a goon. Goons don't score goals. But someone else was the person who was talking about how he looks, and I was just saying he's not the ugliest person out there. I mean, he's not even the ugliest Bulldog.

Isaac is a junior, not a senior.

Go Seawolves! I hate Wisconsin too, for many of the same reasons as yours.

Have you been to Mankato? I think WI has really great fans - in my experience, they are very into their team but quite gracious to the the opponent's fans. However, in Mankato, I have feared for my life on the way to my car after the game (and that's when Mankato won and I wasn't wearing any Sioux paraphenalia...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had some bad experiences in Wisconsin. I get some people to shut up because I usually prove I know more about hockey than they do, but others are just foaming at the mouth.

Never been to Mankato, but I should try it next year, as they are not that far away.

A lot of us said all year to watch out if this team starts scoring. UMD was just the first victim of this.

What a performance and great weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You'd better be right. :lol: Don't you dare play like this only against the Dogs and then come out flat in tF5. I'll be there cheering the Sioux against the RED MENACE (or AA), and especially against those cocky DU bastards!!

Evan Schwabe's uncle?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. Archibald holds the all-time Sioux records for career penalties (247) and career penalty minutes (540). He also had 75 goals and 69 assists during his four years at UND. Not bad for a goon.