SiouxSports.com Forum

Indoor Football at Engelstad

SIOUXFAN97

I stand corrected as all of those arenas you pictured have scoreboards... almost as big and as low as the one at REA....   but not as big or as low but anywho.

I guess I shouldn't be held accountable for not knowing those arenas had scoreboards and still had indoor football.

As there is literally dozens of people you have been in those arenas while football was taking place.

In fact, I think you could make a $100,000 easy with indoor football in Grand Forks...

Of course, you'd have to start with about 4 million ... but at some point, before you lost all of it, an accountant could easily point out an exact time you had $100,000 left.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, not sure how low REA's scoreboard is compared to those others but Arena Football has no punting and it looks like REA could raise it up a little more?

This would be a REA thing.....The Engelstad's have the money and i just think that such a beautiful building sitting empty so many days of the year is a waste and I've always thought arena football is fun as hell to watch.

The production side of ready...you just slap down some turf put up some nets with a narrow goal post and it's good to go.

The Bismarck Event Center has a huge scoreboard in the middle that gets in the way.  Their kickers have just had to learn how to kick around it.  

The only reason the current Bismarck indoor team paused operations is that they got the law changed regarding workman's comp that made it unaffordable to have a team.  Now that they got it changed they plan to come back in 2025, but we'll have to see if and where they play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeutralObserver said:

The Bismarck Event Center has a huge scoreboard in the middle that gets in the way.  Their kickers have just had to learn how to kick around it.  

The only reason the current Bismarck indoor team paused operations is that they got the law changed regarding workman's comp that made it unaffordable to have a team.  Now that they got it changed they plan to come back in 2025, but we'll have to see if and where they play.

i see "they" plan on a game in Fargo......so yeah it still sounds like where in NoDak is still up in the air...i'd definitely take up a game at scheels .

thanks for the insight on why they had to pump the brakes a bit.....

• 2 months later...

So.... The Bismarck Bucks want to kinda rebrand and be the Dakota Bucks and rotate home games between Bismarck, Fargo, Grand Forks, and Minot. Two home games in each city. Training camp being in Watford City.

Lots of moving parts but sounds like April 27th there will be a game in Fargo between the Bucks and Massachusetts.

Can anyone guess which venue in GF is being tough to do business with compared to other cities/venues?

36 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

So.... The Bismarck Bucks want to kinda rebrand and be the Dakota Bucks and rotate home games between Bismarck, Fargo, Grand Forks, and Minot. Two home games in each city. Training camp being in Watford City.

Lots of moving parts but sounds like April 27th there will be a game in Fargo between the Bucks and Massachusetts.

Can anyone guess which venue in GF is being tough to do business with compared to other cities/venues?

Link?

Can't blame the REA if it's them.  

1 minute ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Thinking they would rather have someone rent the place who's check will actually clear.

Even if it would, it would require a heck of a lot of work, and they would have to cover the ice, etc. 

9 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Link?

Can't blame the REA if it's them.  

No link... Just talked to a guy that knows.

Yep good old REA essentially said here is our fees (17k-20k)...... Take it out leave it. 

Scheels in Fargo had multiple offers/pricing/ ideas and a much much lower rent

He did say they approached Alerus and had multiple ideas and were very interested in trying to make it work since there setup isn't ideal to indoor football