SiouxSports.com Forum

Indoor Football at Engelstad

SIOUXFAN97

Googling it see a lot of indoor football leagues and I think they (IFL) start in the spring..........anyway Engelstad could get a franchise out there for spring/summer entertainment?

https://theiowabarnstormers.com/sports/football/schedule

i see iowa doesn't host a home game until april 20th...so Engelstad would be "open"?

AFL is on their 3rd incarnation of the league.

The Bismarck IFL team is looking to come back and more to Fargo.

Last two teams that I know of that were in North Dakota didn't last and one won a title and folded the next season.

I'm going to agree that it won't work in Grand Forks if it has failed in Bismark every time. 

2 minutes ago, cberkas said:

AFL is on their 3rd incarnation of the league.

The Bismarck IFL team is looking to come back and more to Fargo.

Last two teams that I know of that were in North Dakota didn't last and one won a title and folded the next season.

I'm going to agree that it won't work in Grand Forks if it has failed in Bismark every time. 

Probably a few too many leagues......merge them all.  Cut down on travel.  More regionalized.

Engelstad sits empty pretty much all summer minus some concerts and the circus.........some rent coming in is better than no rent?

Keep tixs and food prices down and a Fargo Fuddruckers versus the Grand Forks Squatches at REA would get 11k on Friday night in May.......just saying.

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Probably a few too many leagues......merge them all.  Cut down on travel.  More regionalized.

Engelstad sits empty pretty much all summer minus some concerts and the circus.........some rent coming in is better than no rent?

Keep tixs and food prices down and a Fargo Fuddruckers versus the Grand Forks Squatches at REA would get 11k on Friday night in May.......just saying.

No way they get 11000, would bet 1000 would be pushing it.

13 hours ago, Green Banner said:

GF hasn't had much success with semi pro Baseball (Varmints) , colleges (Channel Cats) and semi pro football (tri city North Stars) . If UND football can't pack the alerus, I can't see a IFL team being successful 

Varmints and Channel Cats=Kraft Field

Tri City North Stars=Cushman Field

Grand Forks Squatches=REA

big big difference (plus tailigating at REA would be awesome cool)

13 hours ago, tnt said:

Because when it is spring and summer here, the last thing people want to do is go indoors to watch a game.  Most people are ready to get out golfing or get to the lake.

so other cities/teams don't have lakes and golf courses around them...weird.

13 hours ago, Green Banner said:

GF hasn't had much success with semi pro Baseball (Varmints) , colleges (Channel Cats) and semi pro football (tri city North Stars) . If UND football can't pack the alerus, I can't see a IFL team being successful 

This.

13 hours ago, tnt said:

Because when it is spring and summer here, the last thing people want to do is go indoors to watch a game.  Most people are ready to get out golfing or get to the lake.

This.

Then there's also....

This....

IFL would be better suited for one of the old empty anchor stores at the Columbia mall... cause that's where everything goes to fail.

centerhung.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the above pic is maybe why REA should look into adding some sort of indoor football............empty!

"THERE IS NEVER ANYTHING TO DO IN GRAND FORKS IN THE SUMMER!".

On a Friday or Saturday night in July a little tailgating and some indoor football would be fun.

Think you might be missing the obvious here.... but that little scoreboard thing doesn't just get folded up and put in a closet for a football game.

IFL has zero chance of success in the REA

or Grand Forks

or North Dakota for that matter.

See: All previous examples.

18 hours ago, tnt said:

Or in the field.

Spring early summer is the worst possible time for events in the RRV.

17 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Think you might be missing the obvious here.... but that little scoreboard thing doesn't just get folded up and put in a closet for a football game.

or Grand Forks

BOK-Center-Basketball-Section-312-Row-F_

does this scoreboard fold?

17 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

or Grand Forks

does this scoreboard fold?

4 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

The REA doesn't have the facilities for them.  Not a chance they would get to touch anything UND hockey related.  Renovating anything for them, even if there were space available, would be a waste of money.

what would have to be renovated?