SiouxSports.com Forum

Is JPar now Da Man?

SiouxMeNow

Does JPars' performances against Wisconsin make him the goalie of choice for the Sioux down the stretch run? I think the jury is still out but he's definately got the inside track. 1 weak goal in two games and, with the HELP of a pipe for change :silly: , salvages a tie for the Sioux on Sunday.

I know he's got a lot of detractors here but I say, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. He comes to UND with everyone thinking he's "part of the deal" with bringing Zach here - that's a hell of a stink to come in with but no one works harder at proving he can play on this level. Go to practice and see who's out on the ice 15 minutes or more before any other guy. When you've got that much competition for the position as the Sioux have had...it's gotta be a nutbuster pressure-wise every day. Congrats Jordan on handling it well! You got my vote!

He has my vote as well. Nothing pisses me off more then sioux fans that rip on Jordan ALL the time. I sit in the student section and there a few people behind be that boo him all the time and say things like the only reason he is here is cuz of his brother. Jpar pretty much saved the season for the team this weekend, where are all the Parise bashers now?

I'm comfortable with any of the three playing, though with Brandt out for so long he lilkely isn't as sharp as the other two and with the importance of each remaining game I doubt we will see him again. It will be nice to have this goalie tandem of Phil and J-Par for the next couple of years. Yesterday Jordan came up big and maybe stole one for the Sioux (although I don't think the Sioux were outplayed). This is something we have all been looking for the past few years.

I think it's JPar till the end and I hope his performance this weekend ends any further notions about Brandt coming back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not sure Brandt is healthy enough to play. During Warm ups on Sunday Brandt did a few stretches and then spent the whole period talking to the refs. Brandt didn't take one warm up shot.

We are definitely sitting a lot better than we were with just Lammy. J Parise is hott right now, and who play whoever gives you the best chance to win.

Anything less than a sweep at JBSU and we can flush this Wisconsin series down the toilet.

I am not sure Brandt is healthy enough to play. During Warm ups on Sunday Brandt did a few stretches and then spent the whole period talking to the refs. Brandt didn't take one warm up shot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Jake knows his run is over and he's cool with that...the injury definately took away from his playing time this season but he's had a decent run. I think Jake was a victim to the "senior burnout" that a lot of Sioux goalies who are competing for playing time all during their careers get (like Andy Kollar). All you can do is wish them the best and say thanks! Phil is the future...JP is the present but yeah, I wish he wouldn't roam around as much too!! :silly:

I feel kind of stupid asking this question but what does JBSU stand for and why do people refer to SCSU as JBSU?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jan Brady State University. It's a "Brady Bunch" reference to Jan Brady (SCSU) who -- as I understand it -- was forever jealous of her sister Marcia Brady (Minnesota). I never watched the "Brady Bunch." If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Edited by PCM

As long as we don't have to kill a bunch of 5x3 penalties, JPar is the better choice, IMHO. Lammy is the more acrobatic goalie, and you need to be acrobatic to 'tend 3x5. OTOH, I believe JPar plays the angles better - which is why the puck hits him a lot.

And, as someone who remembers a tired Goehring going into the playoffs a couple years, leg weary shouldn't be a problem for our goaltenders. This too is good. After all, there's still 11 games to play.

Alot of fans were yelling at parise for not coming out of the net after a penalty was called on saturday when it was in our zone and with our passes, if he came out, we would be in danger. Yet they also yell and moan when he comes out of the net when the opposition is around what should he do ?

To make any run UND will need both Parise and Lammy. The Duluth series will probably go 3 games and you may want to play both goalies. But if we beat Duluth and play in the final 5 play in game and win, you will have a 3 game weekend again and you will need both goalies. Thats why you dont want to play in that play in game, you could play 6 games in 9 days.

Our goalie situation is looking good. How do our friends down in the cities feel about there goalies.

Alot of fans were yelling at  parise for not coming out of the net after a penalty was called on saturday when it was in our zone and with our passes, if he came out, we would be in danger. Yet they also yell and moan when he comes out of the net when the opposition is around what should he do ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can understand a little about being "cautious" with the puck in our zone. There is a big difference between coming off the ice when you can have the extra attacker, or you are just out of your net to do something with the puck!