SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. UW

DamStrait

NICE game by Jordie!

Earl is a cheap shot artist. In the big pileup at the end of the game (to make it 4x4), he splits the two Sioux protecting Jordie AFTER THE WHISTLE, in order to pile on Jordie. He needs knots pounded on his head, big time. Putz. Of course no penalty on him, 'cause he's a 'star'. Can you say one-way cherry picker?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, the Sioux played a pretty good game. We seemed to be moving the feet more than in previous games. We were on our heels some in the third period as Wisky got hungry for the tying goal. Hopefully this performance can be duplcated tomorrow as Swenney said we have not swept a home series since November. Hopefully Murray will be back next weekend and we can play with a full line-up before heading into the WCHA playoffs. We will be playing the Dogz the only question is where. It will be a dog fight that is for sure. Maybe this team has finally discovered a sense of urgency, we will find out more on that after tomorrow's game.

I noticed that Brandt was also dressed as a backup along with Phil. Parise made a huge turnaround during the game and came up a huge at the end. It was nice to see Greene get a goal to backup his stong words in the paper about just getting it done. Hopefully we can do it again tomorrow.

Got to watch the last 16 minutes at Senser's. Looked like the Sioux had the stall on. Continually icing the puck. Made for tough hockey to watch but I'll take the win and not complain.

Some else said this but I'll repeat it. Seemed like the Badgers kept shooting into Parise's chest, but I know you have to give Jordan credit for being in the right place, and not giving the shooter the belief he has anything to shoot at. Something else....not much for rebounds, and how key is THAT? I didn't see the first period you all talked about, but seemed like Jordan saved the game in the 3rd. Sconnie had way to many good shots at the net for my comfort. To be honest, I'm surprised we got away without them scoring.

Some thoughts....great to see Fabian come through with a score. Wish I could see the replays of the goals. We need scoring contributions from the bottom lines. That goal was basically a point in the standings....See what that can do, guys?!

Greene came through with a great game in the 3rd I thought. He seemed to be calming Prpich down at one point, made some good plays with the puck, and then potted the risky long open net shot. Lucky or good I don't know but he got it done. It misses the net and there's a faceoff in our own zone...

When I got there at the 16 minute mark, the Sioux seemed to be winning the little battles with the puck. But Bucky seemed to take it to the Sioux for some time until near the end when the guys dug down and won some key battles.

Sprig, I thought the hook on Porter when he was chasing the puck (was that during Prpich's penalty or was that 5x5?) was a prime example of obstruction that should be called. He would have caught up with that puck had he not been hooked.

This is so very encouraging after last Saturday. The way things have been going I'll take a split, but like jk says, when you win Friday you have the chance for the sweep. Let's take our chances tomorrow.

Way to go Sioux!

This was either a bad game for the Badgers, or they are not as good as they were when we were in Madison. I think that if they play like today, they will go nowhere once they are outside the WCHA officiating.

Greene got screwed on a couple of penalties, but I'm sure he enjoyed the game with a goal and those two full-force punches he threw without getting a penalty. :love:

WE WON AND I MISSED IT!!!! :love::lol:???

Maybe that's why we won?

For those stat people out there: Does this count under the Friday column or does it count as a Saturday win? (regarding we seem to be more a Friday team than a Saturday team).

We have now taken 2 points from a team that most thought we'd get none.

I heard that Jones, Fuher, and Fabian (WTF??!?) had goals. Nice to see Fuher score. The two D who scored are the D I love having in the offensive zone. Jones rushes the net and Fuher isn't afraid to shoot the puck.

The player who made the biggest impression on me tonight was Parise. There was one goal he had a good look at and probably should have saved but man, he really took care of business late in the game. Tonights 3rd period was perhaps the best period I have seen from a Sioux goalie this season. Nothing against Lammy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Parise in again tomorrow. Its time to pick a guy to ride through the playoffs.

Sprig, I thought the hook on Porter when he was chasing the puck (was that during Prpich's penalty or was that 5x5?) was a prime example of obstruction that should be called.  He would have caught up with that puck had he not been hooked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the one, and there were a couple others. Zajac won some big faceoffs, especially in the Sioux end when Wisco was on the PP. Also two more PP deflections that didn't go in; he's due.

Greene got a goal?:lol:

LOL!!!

Oh my god! Where are the Greene bashers now? WHERE? :love:

Our maligned D gets 3 of 4 goals and the fourth is by a part timer.

This is a CHARACTER win for the Sioux. Lots of character and for once they did things right apparently.

Shows that I missed the game. Too bad it was an empty netter.

Edited by redwing77

A win by the Sioux tomorrow brings the Pairwise comparison with Wisconsin into shouting distance, AND every win vs a TUC this time of year puts the Sioux in good shape for making the Final 16.

Will see what kind of legacy these guys want to leave ....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hopefully the senior class has realized it's now or never. This team has the talent, you can see it in spurts throughout the year. No senior class wants to go out as underachievers. As of now this class has one lousy NCAA win against Holy Cross in their careers. That is not the way to be remembered. Granted they won a MCNaughton Cup which is a great achievement but it would be great to see this team make a run for Columbus. The talent is there to do it, it is just a matter of getting er done!

The player who made the biggest impression on me tonight was Parise.  There was one goal he had a good look at and probably should have saved but man, he really took care of business late in the game.  Tonights 3rd period was perhaps the best period I have seen from a Sioux goalie this season.  Nothing against Lammy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Parise in again tomorrow.  Its time to pick a guy to ride through the playoffs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These dorks that keep saying JP hasn't earned a serious shot at #1 goalie haven't been playing much attention all season and especially the last few weeks. He's been a solid alternate ALL YEAR! He got the only win at Anchorage last weekend...then overcame a bad first goal to be VERY SOLID today for the Sioux win (thank Smaby for the 2nd Wisco Goal!) Phil might get the start tomorrow but it's clear the momentum has shifted at the end of the season...Jordy has EARNED his spot...not from his name but from hard work. I think that's what it's all about...

Hopefully the senior class has realized it's now or never. This team has the talent, you can see it in spurts throughout the year. No senior class wants to go out as underachievers. As of now this class has one lousy NCAA win against Holy Cross in their careers. That is not the way to be remembered. Granted they won a MCNaughton Cup which is a great achievement but it would be great to see this team make a run for Columbus. The talent is there to do it, it is just a matter of getting er done!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At Sioux Boosters on Friday Fylling, Genoway, and McMahon were there to speak to the people in attendance. Hakstol told the audience that the Sioux will only go as far as the seniors will take them. I'm guessing those 3 seniors heard that loud and clear and that the rest of the seniors are hearing that plenty in the locker room. I saw a spark in nearly every senior tonight, which was encouraging. I think this could be the start of a great postseason run. I know one good win does not a good postseason run make, but it's a start at least. Haven't we always said that playing well at the right time is the key? We'll see what happens, but I'm encouraged by Saturday's performance. GO SIOUX!! Keep it rollin!

...Some thoughts....great to see Fabian come through with a score.  Wish I could see the replays of the goals...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the Fabian goal, he was bringing the puck into the zone and the BADger D-man (Piskula?) took him into the boards but didn't finish his check so Fabian squeezed through and was then able to go in on Bruckler at a sharp angle (just above the red line) and he made a great move to get it by Bernd. Seeing the move I was quite surprised that was his first goal of the year.

I am hoping you guys can finish the sweep, that will put the Gophers two points out of third with 2 games left.