SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ South Dakota State 9/30/2023

SiouxFan100

7 hours ago, NDRA said:

Don't think the Case flip was some big loss.  I believe he ended up transferring again to a D2 school in Missouri.

Exactly …

Coaching staff need to better develop and utilize the quarterback position. That falls on the OC/QB coach, who for UND is the same person. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Yeah, but coaching Danny can coach any quarterback up look at touchdown Tommy

Can’t complain too much there. Overall though, Tommy Schuster is a high floor, low ceiling player. Definitely not a next level player. 
Need to heighten that ceiling a bit. Maybe that higher ceiling player is already on the roster, time will tell, but how much longer should we wait? 1 season? 3 seasons? Another decade?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, GoodGood said:

I’m not completely off the Danny train yet. He has his moments where he’s a really good play caller and I think he has a lot of the attributes you would like in a young coach. He also has way too many head catching moments. I would like to see him call plays for a QB that can throw more than 5 yards down field before I’m completely off of him. 

whose call is it that tommy is danny's "guy"........by the way danny was talking about getting chunk plays or longer plays thru the air instead of grinding out 11 play drives right before the Drake game some might think he was talking about trey or kaminski?  the photoshopped tommy photo on the posters might have been a hint that there was some internal strife about who was the "guy" at qb....yes i would love to see danny call a game with an "elite" fcs quarterback named  ______________.

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

whose call is it that tommy is danny's "guy"........by the way danny was talking about getting chunk plays or longer plays thru the air instead of grinding out 11 play drives right before the Drake game some might think he was talking about trey or kaminski?  the photoshopped tommy photo on the posters might have been a hint that there was some internal strife about who was the "guy" at qb....yes i would love to see danny call a game with an "elite" fcs quarterback named  ______________.

There was talk about the OL being better so that we'd have more time for longer plays to Develop. At least once Saturday that I recall it looked like we were trying to set up a deep pass but he had no time and got sacked.  Either way, Tommy hasn't shown he can stretch the field. We've got a few guys with some speed. Elioder, Dennis, think Red is fast too but we still can't stretch the field currently. And I would have agreed with you it woulda been better to throw 3 deep balls the first 3 plays at SDSU on the first series because we went 3 and out anyway. Or heck a deep ball on 2nd down in that first series when Q got stuffed. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...