SiouxSports.com Forum

LETS SEE JAKE BRANDT

AZSIOUX

i am not saying saying jordan and phil have lost it by any means here. they both are solid goalies and I love watching them play but i think if jakes healthy and ready to go I give him a shot..is it likely to happen, probably not i am guessing but why not try it? he may come out and play great or be very rusty but he has been in important games before for the sioux and has great career numbers at UND. on the other hand if we do not score goals it does not even matter whos in net for the sioux but you never know..like i stated before i am not bashing jordan and phil because they are both solid in my book but lets try something different to see if we can get a spark of any kind lit under this team...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to see him play, but i feel its to late in the year to try a new goalie. We are currently 15th in the pairwise and with only 2 series left every game is important. Why try someone new when we already have two proven goalies this year, doesn't make much sense to me in this tight of a race.

i am not saying saying jordan and phil have lost it by any means here. they both are solid goalies and I love watching them play but i think if jakes healthy and ready to go I give him a shot..is it likely to happen, probably not i am guessing but why not try it? he may come out and play great or be very rusty but he has been in important games before for the sioux and has great career numbers at UND. on the other hand if we do not score goals it does not even matter whos in net for the sioux but you never know..like i stated before i am not bashing jordan and phil because they are both solid in my book but lets try something different to see if we can get a spark of any kind lit under this team...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bolded the real problem.

i understand what you are saying..i guess my point is that he has been in huge games in the past and hes a veteran player. with all that being said we do have 2 proven goalies and good ones at that but i also think jake is proven as well.

go sioux................get the ralph rockin this weekend...strange game times though..afternoon games saturday and sunday...

i would like to see him play, but i feel its to late in the year to try a new goalie. We are currently 15th in the pairwise and with only 2 series left every game is important. Why try someone new when we already have two proven goalies this year, doesn't make much sense to me in this tight of a race.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is an interesting question that I have also considered. I have not been a huge Brandt backer in the past, because I think his more "acrobatic" style leaves him out of position too often. However, UND's goaltending has slipped in the second half, to the extent that it now sits alongside the scoring problems as a real issue for the team. Average goaltending and a weak offense do not alone doom a team, but together they are a killer.

Lammy's season save percentage is .913. Since Christmas, in six starts, it is .893.

Parise's season save percentage is .897. Since Christmas, in four starts, it is .864.

Both guys have slipped. I can't recall too many games in 2005 where Hennessy has not said, "[goalie] would like to have that one back."

I don't know if Brandt is the solution, but the team will need above-average goaltending to have any success the rest of the way.

They mind as well not show up for the playoffs if they keep playing like they are. Don't care how good of goalie or defense a team. Your not going to win to many if you can't put the puck in the net. They mind as well give Jake a shot considering he is a senior.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How many goals did it take for Denver to beat us in the playoffs last year?

Overall offense has been the big problem so I don't want to forget that point. However, if you have very good goalies, they save you in games like last night. 4 goals on 30 shots is not a good save %. Only and outstanding save % would have saved the Sioux bacon last night, however, but you want to get those games once in a while. Seemed earlier in the season the Sioux got a game like that once in a while. Now they need them badly and aren't getting them. Goal is turning into an average situation for the Sioux, and that's one they can't afford at the same time offense is struggling.

Considering the team needs a spark, why wouldn't you give the most lively kid on a team a chance to ignite the rest of the team?

The goalies that have been playing sure haven't won any games for the sioux lately. Why not let Brandt see if he's still got it. Maybe he can steal a couple wins for the team.

This team needs to be woken up, a DRASTIC change like letting Brandt play could get the rest of the team going.

exactly my point..why not? ???

Considering the team needs a spark, why wouldn't you give the most lively kid on a team a chance to ignite the rest of the team?

The goalies that have been playing sure haven't won any games for the sioux lately.  Why not let Brandt see if he's still got it.  Maybe he can steal a couple wins for the team. 

This team needs to be woken up,  a DRASTIC change like letting Brandt play could get the rest of the team going.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Federov wins the thread ???

That said, its kind of late to go with a goalie who hasn't been getting time. Its too bad our situation couldn't have been resolved earlier.

I agree with those wishing we had goalies with size. Talent gets you only so far in the net unless its an extremely exceptional netminder (KG). Sometimes its just nice to be able to let the puck hit you instead of vice versa.

how about no brandt and no parise  give them both the boot and give phil  the start every night

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am for that. Let him get some rythm and get into a groove. Blaiser used to let KG play the majority down the stretch to get going and be on top of his game.

how about no brandt and no parise  give them both the boot and give phil  the start every night

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree. Well... partially. Brandt has already pretty much been given the boot.

As for Parise. Uh. Didn't Jordan backstop the win against UAA?

Look, I'm not against Phil by any means. I really think he's going to be the solid #1 we're all looking for. But No, I'm afraid giving Jordan "the boot" just isn't going to happen. He'll get ice time. It's something that you all will have to come to grips with.

He's a good goaltender. We have TWO good goaltenders. I remind you that we have a goals per game of around 2.5 (we score that much a game on average, not give up that much on average). That means that we have to play nearly perfect hockey in order to win every game. Phil isn't that perfect. Neither is Jordan. Our offense needs to improve. I'm more content with our defense than our offense.