x-Niklas Kronwall, Grand Rapids

x-Joni Pitkanen, Philadelphia

Brian Pothier, Binghamton

Goaltenders

x-Kari Lehtonen, Chicago

Ryan Miller, Rochester

Antero Niittymaki, Philadelphia

cool that they both are playing well.

heres the link from this site that has already been started on this topic.

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3675

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It occurred to me that I should check out pg 2 of the forum after I had already clicked the send button. I appreciate that nobody torched my rear for the duplicate post. I'm pretty much a one-a-week lurker and don't know why I even posted this. It just seemed like all of the threads were so negative that something positive was in order and I was already a bit late in catching the start of The Apprentice.

Guess I better scan back thru the threads before posting the news that Coach Blais is considering leaving the Sioux.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the game is on and turn on the tube.

Right off the announcer mentions Parise's name so I look and there's the familiar skating style. He backhands a pass and I think how familiar that is.

Then a teammate roofs it right past the goalie. I haven't had the game on for 10 seconds. I wonder if the guy that scored on that wicked wrist shot was Bo. Yep.

It was awesome. Parise picks up a loose puck in the slot and blindly backhands a puck. Bo chops the puck out of the air knee hi where it lands right in front of him. He takes a 1/4 turn and roofs the puck from 10 feet out. The goalie never stood a chance because he had no idea where Bo was going with the puck. Bo shot a laser.

Bo took the faceoff right down and got another decent shot on goal, and Parise set up Dustin Brown for another chance, and Parise got a shot on goal, all on the same shift.

My soul aches... :0;)

My thoughts: Ok, I came in late but here it is:

Zach Parise looked sharp. They did talk about him but it's nice to know that they don't dwell on anything other than AHL and high school performance in that talk. :0 In any rate, they were very complementary to him and I agreed with their analysis.

Ryan Miller looked fabulous, especially during the shootout.

I wonder if Kessel watched the game? If so, he may have noticed that Kessler tried to do the same move Kessel made vs. Sweden and got hosed even in a setting that demanded low contact.

It truly amazes me that ESPN was able to air any of the 10 goals tonight as they spend SO MUCH TIME talking to other people and generally ignoring the game.

I hate ESPN. Yeah, I'm thankful they aired the game, but even so, I still hate their commentators. ;)

Zach gets a goal in the shootout and an assist in the game.

Parise and Bochenski looked good out there together. Hard to believe those two with last year's team didn't get the NCAA championship.

Looked like Bo was ready to be shoot out shooter #4 if it hadn't ended with the third straight goal by PlanetUSA.

Fun game to watch.  Bo and Zach sure did look great out there together.

Their warm-up jerseys, being auctioned for charity, are also hot ticket items.

Who are the high rollers?

Find them here.  The jerseys, that is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I put in a bid...not nearly enough...with 6 days, 21 hours to go Parise's jersey is now $600 and Bochenski's is $450, the highest prices on the board. I think I'll pass since I have two going off to college...

I was kinda bummed that Ray F. didn't mention that Parise and Bochenski were reunited and were one of the most prolific scoring combinations ever at UND...

I know that I am UND biased, but they could have had a little story about the Sioux connection. 4 former players; Parise, Boechenski, Roche and Dane Jackson was an assistant coach. At least they could have mentioned that Parise and Boechenski were reunited, after all they were both Hoby finalists. I bet if one of the Boston Schools or Michigan would have been represented like that, thats all they would of talked about. Once again poor coverage by ESPN.

I think the Students from CC must have been running the cameras. If ESPN would hype the college players, it would help college hockey and probably increase the NHL following in the states. In football and BBall everyone knows the great ones before they get to the NFL and NBA. If they realized how many great college players there are it MAY create more interest.

And I doubt our GF hearld will cover it at all either.

Once again the GF Herald was lazy and didn't have any special articles. The only one with an easier job than Virg is a weatherman. He writes 3 articles a week and once in a while he goes to a high school game. His Sioux hockey coverage has really decreased. I wonder if he goes to the games anymore. Don't they want to sell more papers. Like when that midget tourney was in town they could have listed scores and box scores. How about writing an article about Shattuck and let people from out of town think that we are a hockey town. There was alot of people in town during that midget tourney and it was embarrassing that there was no coverage.

Once again the GF Herald was lazy and didn't have any special articles.  The only one with an easier job than Virg is a weatherman.  He writes 3 articles a week and once in a while he goes to a high school game.  His Sioux hockey coverage has really decreased.  I wonder if he goes to the games anymore.  Don't they want to sell more papers.  Like when that midget tourney was in town they could have listed scores and box scores.  How about writing an article about Shattuck and let people from out of town think that we are a hockey town.  There was alot of people in town during that midget tourney and it was embarrassing that there was no coverage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They had more articles on-line, just because they pull it from Knight-Ridder.

USA Hockey had a great article on the game that included the World Jr. connection and was very complimentary of Bo and Zach and talked extensively about their past connections and scoring history at UND...UND got alot of press on that one...what recruit wouldn't want to go to UND with all the positives that have been written over the past two months...the best rink, the best crowd, the best program...Long live the Fighting Sioux!!!

USA Hockey AHL All-Star Coverage

USA Hockey had a great article on the game that included the World Jr. connection and was very complimentary of Bo and Zach and talked extensively about their past connections and scoring history at UND...UND got alot of press on that one...what recruit wouldn't want to go to UND with all the positives that have been written over the past two months...the best rink, the best crowd, the best program...Long live the Fighting Sioux!!!

USA Hockey AHL All-Star Coverage

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

judging on atmosphere, that's a pretty sketchie comment!!! I know alot of fans are true hockey lovers, but the corporate BS overrides that soo much that it makes it tuff. :0

Well, it wasn't me that said it... there was a recent article on the ten hockey must see's and the Ralph was cited as the number one for alot of reasons, including the fact that GF is a true hockey town with true hockey fans...some of the best in the country that truely know the game...

But for what it's worth, I think the perception of corporate BS is real, has always been there and is more apparent now that more campaigns and "events" are required to pay the bills..corporate BS is just about unavoidable in today's world...at least the Ralph isn't called the Verizon or the Xcel or the American Crystal Center - I mean it could be worse.

Final thought - when is the Tool Crib of the North "Tool Bear" (they use it for the chuck a puck) going to put on Kelly Green and White instead of Maroon and Gold...Damn thing looks like a gopher which makes me not want to chuck a puck, but up-chuck, wtf???