SiouxSports.com Forum

Stanley Cup Playoffs

cberkas

8 hours ago, cberkas said:

Toronto fans whining about the refs but I don't see all that money doing what it was paid to do, score goals.

I was thinking about this last night. The Toronto Maple Leafs are just a more talented version of the Minnesota Wild. They're too perimeter. In the playoffs, you have to go to dirty areas to score goals. The Kraken and the Panthers are getting to the nosebleed alleys and dirty areas. It's fun watching Hak's team play. They're mean and nasty to play against. I wish he was the Bruins coach in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, cberkas said:

Toronto fans whining about the refs but I don't see all that money doing what it was paid to do, score goals.

Tear it down; use the parts to establish a credible defense. But they won't. They'll take one more kick next season. They'll wait until both Matthews and Marner are UFA. And they'll have $33+M in three guys (about $40M in four) and have no supporting cast ... again.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/mapleleafs 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

I was thinking about this last night. The Toronto Maple Leafs are just a more talented version of the Minnesota Wild. They're too perimeter. In the playoffs, you have to go to dirty areas to score goals. The Kraken and the Panthers are getting to the nosebleed alleys and dirty areas. It's fun watching Hak's team play. They're mean and nasty to play against. I wish he was the Bruins coach in the playoffs. 

Kracken really are fun to watch. I don’t think I’ve seen a team with more takeaways than Seattle. Watch and see how many times a Kracken player hustles to catch an opposing player with the puck, stick check them and then take the puck away and transition the other way. It’s amazing how many times I’ve seen them do that. 

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Kracken really are fun to watch. I don’t think I’ve seen a team with more takeaways than Seattle. Watch and see how many times a Kracken player hustles to catch an opposing player with the puck, stick check them and then take the puck away and transition the other way. It’s amazing how many times I’ve seen them do that. 

Why is EDM having any success? Evander Kane and Zach Hyman. Dirty areas. That and an ice-presence D in Ekholm. 

SEA looks like they're playing a full-attack 2-1-2 or dare I say torpedo with the constant two-man pressure. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why is EDM having any success? Evander Kane and Zach Hyman. Dirty areas. That and an ice-presence D in Ekholm. 

SEA looks like they're playing a full-attack 2-1-2 or dare I say torpedo with the constant two-man pressure. 

did blais call hak and say two words...."____ kills".. and hang up

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

This is what I would like UND to look like, relentless on the forecheck, and all over the other team when they smell blood in the water.  
   It seems we get a lead in the second period and we try to hold on, and possibly the reason we don’t score much short handed is because we aren’t very aggressive.  
   I really think UND needs to get back to that aggressive identity they had in the past. Hopefully Berry is watching the Kraken and their success, along with the entertaining style they play.  

• Upvote 2