SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

14 hours ago, brianvf said:

Latest USCHO Bracketology addresses the issue with having UMass hosting and also currently having 3 HEA #1 seeds:

https://www.uscho.com/2024/02/07/bracketology-three-hockey-east-no-1-seeds-umass-falling-to-a-no-4-seed-complicate-this-weeks-pairings-beyond-belief/

Providence, R.I.
1. Boston College
8. Denver
9. Minnesota
16. Minnesota State

Maryland Heights, Mo.
4. Maine
7. Michigan State
10. Providence
15. RIT

Sioux Falls, S.D.
3. North Dakota
6. Quinnipiac
12. Michigan
14. Cornell

Springfield, Mass.
2. Boston University
5. Wisconsin
11. Western Michigan
13, Massachusetts

Even though BU and UMass are both in HEA, they could play each other in 1st round since they are five HEA teams currently in the field:

This is a tough bracket for sure.
Two very good teams in MO and Mass, and three very good teams in RI and SD.
That SD regional would definitely be more challenging than the last Bracketology.  If UND got past Cornell, they'd be rewarded with a regional final of either QU or Mich.
Ouch.

Wouldn’t Providence play in …… Providence? 

Given that Providence playing in town despite not hosting is frequently cited when people discuss why neutral sites gotta go, there's a higher chance than usual they don't. There's also an east coast resurgence this year, and Providence is easily reached from plenty of the schools, so attendance is less of a worry.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Are they the host school?
Read the article: three HEA teams in top four are making a schmozzle. 

I’m going to stop reading these dumb articles lol. I just read two more “what if the tournament started today” brackets and they both had UND in Springfield rather than Sioux Falls. We know the Sioux will be in Sioux Falls. These are almost as bad as NFL mock drafts… 

3 minutes ago, dustnyou said:

I’m going to stop reading these dumb articles lol. I just read two more “what if the tournament started today” brackets and they both had UND in Springfield rather than Sioux Falls. We know the Sioux will be in Sioux Falls. These are almost as bad as NFL mock drafts… 

I still think UMass slips out of the PWR bubble anyway.  They have a tough six games remaining against BC, UNH, and Maine, and they haven't been very consistent lately.
That would make this whole argument about not being able to put one of the #1 seed HEA schools in the Mass regional a moot point.

8 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Upset alert

St. Larry 3, Quinnipiac 1

About 12 minutes left in 3rd period. That's PWR 55 vs PWR 6.

In case you're wondering, it's about a six-hour drive from Quinnipiac to St. Lawrence, which is in Canton, NY. 

14 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Upset alert

St. Larry 3, Quinnipiac 1

That's PWR 55 vs PWR 6.

Same score. Less than a minute left.

St. Larry's goalie is Ben Kraws, who backed up Ludwig for a year in Miami.

Do you believe in miracles?

Will the fans rush the court rink?

If you are reviewing a goal if it went in and say it's a goal. Then go back and review for goalie interference and say it's not a goal. Why not just say that when you first review the goal. Stop wasting time NCHC refs.