SiouxSports.com Forum

Sad Note

Sal From Cando

Unrelated to hockey but a member of this site and a friend of mine for 35 years passed away early this morning following complications from his hip surgery. Just thought I'd let you know that he loved hockey, he loved being an alum of the University of North Dakota, and loved talking with all you about hockey. Again Larry Poolman, a.k.a Poncho died at 76 in his hospital bed in Ann Arbor around 3 a.m. That's all just thought this was the best spot to post it.

Sal, I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your friend Jim Poolman (also known as Poncho). I had a bad feeling about his health when he described his accident. He explained a lot to me in some private messages he sent my way. I think he would have adjusted to this board and had a good time here. I'm only sorry we lost him before that happened. Thanks for letting us know.

Unrelated to hockey but a member of this site and a friend of mine for 35 years passed away early this morning following complications from his hip surgery.  Just thought I'd let you know that he loved hockey, he loved being an alum of the University of North Dakota, and loved talking with all you about hockey.  Again Larry Poolman, a.k.a Poncho died at 76 in his hospital bed in Ann Arbor around 3 a.m. That's all just thought this was the best spot to post it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please pass my condolences on to Betsy, June and any one else close to Poncho.

BTW: What hospital preformed his surgery?

Unrelated to hockey but a member of this site and a friend of mine for 35 years passed away early this morning following complications from his hip surgery.  Just thought I'd let you know that he loved hockey, he loved being an alum of the University of North Dakota, and loved talking with all you about hockey.  Again Larry Poolman, a.k.a Poncho died at 76 in his hospital bed in Ann Arbor around 3 a.m. That's all just thought this was the best spot to post it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info Sal. If you could please post a link to the obituary, I'm sure everybody on this board would be very interested.

Is this really for real?  Is there really a place called Cando and why was his name poncho and lefty?  His posts seemed a little off the wall and I never took them seriously because he made such big claims.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know if the posts are for real, but there is a Cando, ND...between Starkweather and Wolford on Hwy 17 in north east-central ND... I know this because I have been passing thru the town for years on my way to duck hunt and to grouse hunt...best Dairy Queen in ND...also, used to be alot of Certified Seed Potatoes grown there...still are, but they used to be just about exclusive...So now you know...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What in sam hell is going on around here? I take a cruise to Bermuda with my Betsy and some obvious imposter tells you I'm dead. Hey imposter I truly feel sorry for you if thats what you do to have fun.

You know, given the ludricous posts that come out of the two, messages that often appear to drug induced, I am left wondering if the two handles belong to the same person. Does anyone actually know either of these individuals? Maybe it is just some lousy Rodent fan toying with us :0 .

You know, given the ludricous posts that come out of the two, messages that often appear to drug induced, I am left wondering if the two handles belong to the same person.  Does anyone actually know either of these individuals?  Maybe it is just some lousy Rodent fan toying with us  :0 .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like all three of them, Sal, Billy and Poncho, are one in the same. :lol:

Unfortunately, it makes you wonder if any one could believe any of the posts from these guys(?). Not sure if one or all of them should get a life. Especially if one is lame enough to mention someones passing when it isn't true.

But who the heck knows. All I can say is that it's poor taste (to those who may have it) and a waste of space on a quality forum. But what could you do about that?!