SiouxSports.com Forum

noise makers at the ralph

jerseychaser1

I think the cowbell is as much a part of hockey as is the 50-50 drawing. I loved hearing the clanging during the Juniors. Also the "U-S-A U-S-A" chant. Couldn't it be "U-N-D U-N-D"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cowbells don't belong in sports!!! I've hated cowbells ever since I heard NDSU fans clanging them at UND b-ball games. There are plenty of other noise makers that are more effective than the cowbell. If you want to be as crazy as Canadiens here is a tip for you: DRINK MORE ALCOHOL. That's their secret.

Besides, do we really need Gopher fans to rip us anymore for being rednecks?

js50210.jpg

You can never have enough cowbell! :ohmy::(

I watched the WJC on TV, and was able to get some of the TSN games too, and would hope the REA staff noted how much noise that place can hold. The Canadian fans are definitely good examples of how fans should act at games, which means get off your ass and cheer, or get the "f" out.

Who cares what Gopher fans think?  Be a redneck, look stupid, whatever, it doesn't really matter what other people think if you are having fun, being loud and enjoying yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree but that doesn't mean it makes it alright to act more like an idiot. I like to be just as loud at games as any other rube but I think the cowbell should be outlawed.

Who cares what Gopher fans think?  Be a redneck, look stupid, whatever, it doesn't really matter what other people think if you are having fun, being loud and enjoying yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with that. Who the heck cares. I say bring the horns to include the air horns and next time some fossil or missinformed tells you to quite it down. Tell them to go pound sand up their butt. The Canadians rocked and showed us how to make noise. Now its time to do that our selves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:ohmy: I thought the purpose of going to REA was to make a grand enterance (and exit) at least five times, make social contacts, and possible close business deals? :(

You know, the more noise everybody makes, the harder its going to be for security to hear the old farts complaing. And if you get it anything like it was in the Alerus when the Lakers was there this fall, the old farts heads just might exploded, and if you're really lucky, they left UND a little something something in the will. :ohmy::(

noisemakers during play is an NCAA violation BTW....one reason that bands are not supposed to play during play and the announcer can only announce game related stuf while play is on...

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm suprised they haven't outlawed cheering during play. Especially at football games. It's terrible how loud it can get when the visting team is on offense!

Friday's game at The Ralph featured...cowbells and those big long plastic horns, all courtesy the LandCow fans in the upper deck. Thought they were illegal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, LandCow fans should be illegal, but good luck getting that bill through the legislature. :silly: