SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-11, 0-4) @ Omaha (6-11, 2-3) 1/12 7PM

SWSiouxMN

12 minutes ago, Kab said:

Omot 4 of 13

t 4 of 14

Mathew’s could put those numbers up 

I’m fine with Omot going 4 of 13, not the easiest of shots plus a freshman. T not making an easy bunny around the hoop is a complete indictment on the coach not to mention the regression of Trent FT from JUCO to UND… puke 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Trent shot 1 three a game at 50% in JC last year. He’s been scared to even look at the rim since day one in a UND uniform. That is 100% coaching 

Yep! 17-33 at his JC for 51.5% on 1 attempt a game from three. Shot 61% from the field. 78% from the free throw line. Coaching took all confidence out of him looking to shoot from the very beginning with how short of a leash he had. Missed a shot and immediately got taken out.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I haven't verified completely but it seems UND goes dormant around the 12 min mark every game.  Then has to turn it back on in last 5-6 mins

So right as we sub in 4 bench players..... seems like a common denominator here. When we play 9+ guys and have 4 bench guys in at the same time we usually don't play well and the other team goes on a run. It isn't rocket science but for Sather it seems to be.

15 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

So right as we sub in 4 bench players..... seems like a common denominator here. When we play 9+ guys and have 4 bench guys in at the same time we usually don't play well and the other team goes on a run. It isn't rocket science but for Sather it seems to be.

Couldnt agree more!  I have been saying this all season.  The hockey line switch isnt working!  We dont have good enough players to do this!   Also to many times we have three players that are no threat to shoot on offense.  Why play them together! ??  I would like to see Norman And Eaglestaff on the floor at the same time.  

1 minute ago, NewUndFan said:

Couldnt agree more!  I have been saying this all season.  The hockey line switch isnt working!  We dont have good enough players to do this!   Also to many times we have three players that are no threat to shoot on offense.  Why play them together! ??  I would like to see Norman And Eaglestaff on the floor at the same time.  

Starting lineup but put Norman in for Danielson. Go 5 out to spread the floor. Up the tempo and scores some points in transition. Play those 5 guys 36-40 minutes a game each. That is your only chance at winning a game at the moment. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Starting lineup but put Norman in for Danielson. Go 5 out to spread the floor. Up the tempo and scores some points in transition. Play those 5 guys 36-40 minutes a game each. That is your only chance at winning a game at the moment. 

Exactly!  Sprinkle in a danielson, levias, brooks and mathews to give a breather.  But dumping 5 bench players that should be playing division 2 ball together doesnt work!  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I haven't verified completely but it seems UND goes dormant around the 12 min mark every game.  Then has to turn it back on in last 5-6 mins

I think you are right on this. Last night around that time I believe he had in Grant, Danielson, Norman, Trent and T. There is one guy there that can score and he is mostly a 3 point scorer and that is when Omaha went on their run. Why would he have that lineup on the floor and why so long???

• Upvote 1