SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-8, 0-1) vs NDSU (3-11, 0-2) 12/30 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

I just want one of our players to take charge, not one on one but be able to shoot, drive, pass and get some excitement going on this team 

someone needs to be able to set omot and eaglestaff up for jumpers or dunks 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

I just want one of our players to take charge, not one on one but be able to shoot, drive, pass and get some excitement going on this team 

someone needs to be able to set omot and eaglestaff up for jumpers or dunks 

Trent does that but Sather doesn't like him even though he is a captain. Shows that all the guys like him but the head coach doesn't for some reason...

We need to see a lineup of 1. Trent 2. Norman 3. Eaglestaff 4. Omot 5. TT for extended minutes and see what they can do. A lineup that can be a threat to score more than 20 points in a half against your in state rivals, at home, with the biggest crowd in 5 years...

• Like 1

I watched a few games in person and it seemed then that when Trent  got the ball he was going to go one on one and the other 4 players just stood and watched.  I thought something will be changing unless he learns to pass.  After those games Trent has been in the dog house.  He has the skills to be that versatile player, needs to prove it on game days.

3 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Trent does that but Sather doesn't like him even though he is a captain. Shows that all the guys like him but the head coach doesn't for some reason...

We need to see a lineup of 1. Trent 2. Norman 3. Eaglestaff 4. Omot 5. TT for extended minutes and see what they can do. A lineup that can be a threat to score more than 20 points in a half against your in state rivals, at home, with the biggest crowd in 5 years...

totally agree with that starting 5...ride or die with em.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Kab said:

I watched a few games in person and it seemed then that when Trent  got the ball he was going to go one on one and the other 4 players just stood and watched.  I thought something will be changing unless he learns to pass.  After those games Trent has been in the dog house.  He has the skills to be that versatile player, needs to prove it on game days.

Trent is the only legit PG on the team. He is a pass first point guard at that. Part of the reason why he posts up and backs his man down is 1. Because he can't shoot so they sag off him, but usually he has a mismatch with a smaller PG on him and 2. Because of the offense and spacing that Sather runs. There is no room for him to create off the dribble for others.

The offense needs to be a 5 out spacing offense with tons of pick and pop with the occasional roll with TT and Trent. Eaglestaff and Omot creating off the kick outs from Trent. Norman spotting up and letting the 3 ball fly. They need to get out in transition and create easy buckets. Picking up the pace and tempo for UND would do them wonders!! The pass away and then double pin down for Brady Danielson offense that Sather is forcing them to run is just atrocious and not going to get it done at any level with the type of players that UND has.

It is such easy fixes and changes that can be made to make this team competitive in the Summit. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Trent is the only legit PG on the team. He is a pass first point guard at that. Part of the reason why he posts up and backs his man down is 1. Because he can't shoot so they sag off him, but usually he has a mismatch with a smaller PG on him and 2. Because of the offense and spacing that Sather runs. There is no room for him to create off the dribble for others.

The offense needs to be a 5 out spacing offense with tons of pick and pop with the occasional roll with TT and Trent. Eaglestaff and Omot creating off the kick outs from Trent. Norman spotting up and letting the 3 ball fly. They need to get out in transition and create easy buckets. Picking up the pace and tempo for UND would do them wonders!! The pass away and then double pin down for Brady Danielson offense that Sather is forcing them to run is just atrocious and not going to get it done at any level with the type of players that UND has.

It is such easy fixes and changes that can be made to make this team competitive in the Summit. 

i honestly can't remember when the last time i saw this team score in transition...which is amazing....get out and run and get some easy 3's dunks or shot in transition....

On 12/31/2022 at 1:51 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

NOPE. he should've been a one year gap filler when he came in...three years later he's still playing and the results show it....same with kk...he sucks.

The results show? What are the results? Go look at stats. Shooting the ball around 60% and has the least turnovers on the team. (Which has been a problem) Not sure what the problem is about Danielson?

Not sure why the hate on danielson

hardest worker 0n the team, May not be flashy or athletic but seems to be in the right place when you need a rebound

so many say we have nothing but d2 players but are worried if one of them transfers 

heres hoping coach has figured out an 8 or 9 player rotation for Thursday 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kab said:

hardest worker 0n the team, May not be flashy or athletic but seems to be in the right place when you need a rebound

so many say we have nothing but d2 players but are worried if one of them transfers 

I think it’s more so how Sather is using him as a PG. No doubt he is the hardest worker on the team.

2 hours ago, Kab said:

Danielson is a 8-10 minute a game guy. Nothing more. That is no personal knock on him. It is just a fact that he is a D2 level guy.

And no one is worried about anybody leaving but 3 guys. Omot, Brooks, and Eaglestaff. Those are the only 3 guys that anybody is worried about keeping. If any of the other guys want to go find a new home, then be our guest! I'm sure there will be some D2's that will take them. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Danielson is a 8-10 minute a game guy. Nothing more. That is no personal knock on him. It is just a fact that he is a D2 level guy.

And no one is worried about anybody leaving but 3 guys. Omot, Brooks, and Eaglestaff. Those are the only 3 guys that anybody is worried about keeping. If any of the other guys want to go find a new home, then be our guest! I'm sure there will be some D2's that will take them. 

Totally agee.  The only three that I would hate to lose are those three and I would add Trent.  I really like his game despite him not being able to shoot the outside shot.  I would actually miss Danielson's hustle, but he is a very good D2 player.  But sometimes he is the heart and soul of our team and we need that.  

• Upvote 1