SiouxSports.com Forum

UAA/UND Part II (Cure for football hangover here)

01grad

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil is the man as far as i am concerned!! parise has played fine but i would love to use Phil back to back nights and let him go and get red hot..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree completely. I have nothing against Parise, when he is on he is very good and he was definitely on in the first period tonight. But, he does have a tendency most games to let up a weak goal and that happened again tonight. Sadly, it was a big factor in UND losing the game.

I agree he was not solely responsible for the loss, but a big difference in tonight's game was goaltending. Offensively UND was not buzzing until the last 6 or 7 minutes, but it is hard to argue with the roughly 40 shots on net. Bottom line, Lawson outplayed our netminder (tip of the hat to Lawson for his outstanding performance tonight).

On the positive side, it was imperative for UND to get 9 or 10 points out of the last three series and they managed to get 10 of the 12 possible and seem to be playing a lot better than earlier this season.

Also, during the postgame, MG showed some emotion and was clearly displeased with UND's performance tonight. It is good to hear that the leaders of the team are frustrated and upset by the loss. When the players are unaffected by losing, big problems exist. I got the sense from MG that that is anything but the case at this point.

Also, during the postgame, MG showed some emotion and was clearly displeased with UND's performance tonight.  It is good to hear that the leaders of the team are frustrated and upset by the loss.  When the players are unaffected by losing, big problems exist.  I got the sense from MG that that is anything but the case at this point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly the kind of emotional leadership that UMD seems to be lacking. The Sioux have pulled out of their "slump", and tonight excluded have been playing some great hockey. The Dogs continue their slide for the forseeable future, and the pressure to win only gets higher as we move into December and January, months that the true contenders turn on the afterburners and seperate themselves from the pretenders.

Exactly the kind of emotional leadership that UMD seems to be lacking. The Sioux have pulled out of their "slump", and tonight excluded have been playing some great hockey. The Dogs continue their slide for the forseeable future, and the pressure to win only gets higher as we move into December and January, months that the true contenders turn on the afterburners and seperate themselves from the pretenders.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still would not want to face UMD in the first round of the WCHA playoffs. They are struggling mightily, but they seem to be in every game and are still dangerous.

I can't wait for next weekends' games, but I won't be able to listen.

Anybody hear anything more on Massen's injury??

Hope he is ok, we don't need another forward to go down with an injury.

We just got Stafford and Murray back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know much. The injury happened below and to the right of me. All I saw was Massen going down to the ice. I thought he was pinching to keep the puck in the UAA zone. My neighbor told me he was slashed. I didn't see any slash.

All I know is that they showed Massen's face on the jumbotron and he looked HURT.

Judging ONLY from looks, this is serious.

This hockey team is a letdown. So much experience. So little development.

Crash the net! Stop prancing around behind the net, pushing the puck back and forth. Pull it off the wall, pass to someone IN FRONT OF THE NET, shoot.

You didn't see UAA trying to establish cycling behind our net that went back and forth. They worked the corners, then cut to the net directly. If it went behind the net, they generally tried to pass back across the grain and hit a forward cutting in.

Our forwards are wasting their time (and effort) out there. It's getting old.

It looked like Parise had one tough save to make all night, and he missed it. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Surprise surprise Fedorov is attacking Jpars play again. Scoring 1 goal against Alaska is not going to win many games. He gave the team a chance to win the game and from what I saw made some really good saves, but you must have had your blinders on again. Both of the goals were tipped by UND players, but that is Jpars fault according to Fedorov's expertise. :sad:

Massen took a hit knee on knee along the boards (no slash). His knee bent in a direction that knees don't bend (must have had his skate planted). Wouldn't expect to see him anytime soon, maybe not for the rest of the year :D

39 shots on goal. You can't blame scoring only 1 goal on the refs or the loss on our goaltender. You gotta get the puck in the net. Despite the what we think of the officials we were apparently able to get the puck on net. Just didn't get it in the goal.

The Herald story says Parise didn't see either goal. Not sure how you can blame him for that. Parise had a 90.9 saves% for the game. That's acceptable, even if it isn't stellar.

39 shots on goal.  You can't blame scoring only 1 goal on the refs or the loss on our goaltender.  You gotta get the puck in the net.  Despite the what we think of the officials we were apparently able to get the puck on net.  Just didn't get it in the goal.

The Herald story says Parise didn't see either goal.  Not sure how you can blame him for that.  Parise had a 90.9 saves% for the game.  That's acceptable, even if it isn't stellar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree totally. This was a tough loss, as I explained earlier. But this time, we can't blame JPar. Sorry Federov.

I'll say it again: We HAVE TO get players to rush the nets. Players like Massen, Stafford, Zajac (who already does this on occasion), Porter, and perhaps anyone on our checking line (McMahon, Kaip, Prpich..) should all be able to rush the net or provide a screen. They are big, feisty, good stick handlers, and can deflect shots. In the case of our checking line, perhaps they can provide intigation of penalties... Who knows? But we need to rush the net and/or put someone in front of the net more often. Minnesota utilizes this strategy. I think BC does as well. I haven't seen Michigan play, so I'm not sure if they do it.