SiouxSports.com Forum

Taffe cheap shots a goalie

sprig

Wasn't Lucia recently quoted as making a snide remark about fighting and the Sioux being involved, implying that it's ALWAYS the Sioux who seem to be involved in any fights?

Lucia's recent hair weave must be affecting his brain cells. Time to lighten up on the hair tonic, pretty boy!

Wasn't Lucia recently quoted as making a snide remark about fighting and the Sioux being involved, implying that it's ALWAYS the Sioux who seem to be involved in any fights? 

Lucia's recent hair weave must be affecting his brain cells.  Time to lighten up on the hair tonic, pretty boy!

Lucia was just mixed up. We are The Fighting Sioux you know.

RI, kudos on one of the best and most accurate posts on this board in months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunatly(I can't spell), if you listen to POI and the Michigan message board, it looks like the Gophers have a pretty good shot right now.

Unfortunatly(I can't spell), if you listen to POI and the Michigan message board, it looks like the Gophers have a pretty good shot right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is what it is. Message board chatter. For all we know Phil could shock everybody and sign with Bemidji State. I hope he signs with the Gophers and will be disappointed if he doesn't but it certainly wouldn't be the first time a program didn't land a top recruit, it happens to all the best programs. As Sioux fans can attest, thats what happens when you go after the best ones, you get some, you lose some.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry - does Jeff Taffe play for the Minnesota Golden Gophers?

Dear Parise, the smell of hypocrisy in this thread is gross - but I understand the Sioux fans won't notice - the $h!t doesn't stink at UND and a Gopher can never, ever, under any circumstance - do anything right.

POI = Philkessel On Ice.  Keep the razor blades away from that crew when/if he signs elsewhere.  The spin put forth will be quality entertainment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is pretty good. As much as I'd like to see the Gophers get this guy, I won't lose sleep over his picking his home town team. If he wants substandard competition (and empty rinks) then he can go play with Michigan or some eastern wimps.

Knowing that there are five WCHA teams as good or better than every other team in the nation would tell be to play in that league.

I seldom reply to anything on YOUR web site, because all it does is stir up the sioux faithfull. You can't even be trying to imply that a ex-GOPHER that starts or gets into a fight at the pro level has anything to do with this. Fighting in the pros and fighting in a college game are no covered in the same fan manual.

Although I agree with this statement in general, I was told a few things about Taffe that maybe you could clarify or more likely categorically decline:

First: Was it Taffe who had a history of running the goaltender while in maroon in gold? This really can't be that specific a charge as historically Gophers have had players on the team who would do this regularly, but Taffe stood out...

Second, was it not Taffe who was shooting practice pucks into the student section at the Ralph when he played for the Gophers against the Sioux in Grand Forks?

Lucia's claim about fighting really hasn't anything to do with this thread, IMO. Lucia's remark was underhanded and cheap, which could be used to build some sort of tie into this thread, but it has little to do with Taffe's actions. Taffe's actions are that he cheap shotted a goaltender. I really look down on thugs in general, but in the pros, you can go out and fight at will. I frown on it, but it is part of the game. What I cannot stand is players who go out and target the goaltenders. They are not skaters. They may agitate or harrass, but they are not going to do the same things as a skater would. Cheap goaltenders should be called just as much as cheap skaters, I admit, but you can't go after a goaltender. Period. Taffe did. He crossed the line.