SiouxSports.com Forum

Greene giant

PIM

Amidst all of the criticism that is occurring I thought I would just mention that Matt Greene is amazing. His timing of penalties isn't great, but I think he leads on and off the ice without having to say anything. Not to mention he's a phenomenal dancer.

I really doubt players are posting on this board.  If they are, maybe that explains some of the problems this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ethically/professionally it wouldn't be good for players to post on the internet. I mean really its not good in my opinion for players respond to fans, its part of its part of being in the lime light and being able to take the good with the bad. Just my HMO.

Back a few years ago when I was on Hockey_L I had a DU player respond to a post that I had made (it was positive) about a players prospects of playing the NHL, in hind sight that players prediction came through.

I do know that a few years ago that some of the UND players do read the messages boards because one player I know asked me about some of my comments I had made about the goaltending. :lol:

Amidst all of the criticism that is occurring I thought I would just mention that Matt Greene is amazing. His timing of penalties isn't great, but I think he leads on and off the ice without having to say anything. Not to mention he's a phenomenal dancer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Having seen Greene up close I am not so sure I would mention he takes untimely penalties to his face. Greene is not what I would call small in stature.

I've been as hard on the "Greene Giant" as anyone, but I have to admit that he didn't have me screaming at his stupidity on Friday night though he made up for it a bit on Sat when he tossed one of the most flagrant elbows I've seen this year.

So, he's seemingly getting it and I hope it continues.

Was at the game friday also and I thought Greene played one of his best games of the year.Not only did he stay out of the box but he was blocking shots left and right.I think Greene is finally understanding the new rules and he is going to continue to get better and play smarter.

I personally thought that greene's rediculous "de-cleating" was a very good penalty.  if he doesn't do that, he gets beat, and who knows if the St. Cloud player scores and changes the entire outlook for the rest of the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not only that, but the next time a player thought about crossing the ice in our zone...maybe he'd think again. It's kind of a warning, plus, I'm sure it was tons of fun to knock him off his skates like that. :D

Looks like we've got a case of the fairweather fans. The boys lose and Matt Greene should quit hockey. We win, and his bone crushing hits are what the team needed.

He has a dance move called the 'godzilla'. Look for it.

siouxtatoo42

MIC-KEY O-U-S-O-B

This cheer was the best!  How did the middle go again?

Nobody could ever forget the end,

YOU NEVER MAKE A CALL FOR UND F-YOU!!!

Ah, the good old days.  Probably can't do this one anymore either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

referee, YOU SUCK, referee, YOU SUCK, you never make a call for UND........

The boys lose and Matt Greene should quit hockey. We win, and his bone crushing hits are what the team needed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. It must be difficult for a person of his size and strength to reign all that in AND relearn how to play hockey due to the officiating emphasis and when he doesn't get it done in the first twelve games some fans call for his head, question his leadership and captaincy, etc . . . jeez . . . . .

I guess his offseason workout program should have emphasized getting shorter, slower and weaker - ala Chris Fournier; we know how productive he ended up being.

On a side note, it was good to hear on Saturday's postgame that Campion admitted that he "owed Greene one" for mistakingly calling a penalty on him in the third when it should have been Stafford that was penalized.

Agreed. It must be difficult for a person of his size and strength to reign all that in AND relearn how to play hockey due to the officiating emphasis and when he doesn't get it done in the first twelve games some fans call for his head, question his leadership and captaincy, etc . . . jeez . . . . .

I guess his offseason workout program should have emphasized getting shorter, slower and weaker - ala Chris Fournier; we know how productive he ended up being.

On a side note, it was good to hear on Saturday's postgame that Campion admitted that he "owed Greene one" for mistakingly calling a penalty on him in the third when it should have been Stafford that was penalized.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did I miss something? I thought refs couldn't talk to the media.