SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Badgers

#1siouxfan22

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sioux put in a good second period, and part of a good third. It is hard to say they ran into a hot goalie when they had so few scoring chances though. WTF goes through Hakstols mind is beyond me, but then again I felt that way with Blais a lot of the time and he got results. Pulling the goalie with over a minute left when you are short handed and only down by a goal? I still think it is too early to be calling for Haks head, the needs to be given a chance. WI is a very good team and the Sioux did outplay them tonight. If they can just figure out the offense they should be in good shape. Personally I would like to see them practice working on lines in practice rather than big WCHA games, but like I said before, it seemed to work for Blais.

Greene and Schneider are two pissed off guys, they are going to kill someone if they Sioux keep playing this way. Both of them carried the puck way to much tonight, you can tell they are trying to start something. I give them credit at least, if the rest of the team would match their effort they would have a much better record.

If Robby Earl wasn't the ugliest mother f'ker on the face of this earth, he would make a great actor. I guess that's how they play hockey in California.

UND-1 Philippe Lamoureux (59:08 L) 7 7 8 = 22 (3 GA)

uw-1 Bernd Br

It cant be too early to call for hakstol's head........why not!

That was the dumbest fukin call to pull the goalie with 1 1/2 mins. left when we were already down by 1 player.

This team is UGLY to watch......they get outshot, out hustled, and out played week and week out. We keep saying how poor this team comes out and plays every weekend. I happen to now believe that this must be how they practice......the saying is true that you play how you practice.....and if this is the case.....then Hakstol should resign!!

I would settle for mediocre at the moment......but right now this team just plain sucks!!

Maybe this year will get rid of all these fairweather assholes that come to games because there sure seem to be alot on this board. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I don't think UND played that bad this weekend. They will eventually come around and finish 3rd or 4th in the WCHA and who knows what can happen after that.

Why the hell should Dave Hakstol be fired? Seriously, someone give me a good reason why. Everyone who says he should be fired is a certifiable idiot. Whatever though, continue to bitch and whine, I don't care.

This is just a bunch of s&!t. This is a veteran team and they are playing like a bunch of babies. At this rate the Ralph will have 5,000 people a game by the end of the season. Yes, I am pushing the panic button. Coach Hak is in over his head. There is no way he is going to be able to draw the top recruits the way Blaiser did. I can see in about a year or two UND will be 80% Canadian and we will no longer be competitive for the top recruits in the US. If we are going to average two goals a game we can kiss home ice and a shot at the NCAA's goodbye!!!

Lets just put it in simple terms that you can understand:

A) many of last years players have retruned (minus 2 exceptional players)

B) that same team , who sat on the perch of the #1 team for most of last year, who alsoout shot there opponents 2-1 or 3-1 per game, has now had that stat reversed.

c) NO OFFENSE

d) NO POWERPLAY this weekend

e) unprepared, unpracticed, and undisciplined, undisciplined, undisciplined.....as i have never seen so many stupid penatlies

and bottom line is the buck stops at the doorstep of the coach! no matter what the hell you think.....it's his job to get these guys up every week prepared and ready to play or he should find someone who can.

Instead of licking his anal sphincter, perhaps you should be dishing out some criticism, b/c we as fans have alot of pride in watching and cheering for the sioux, and right now this team is not representing that sentiment.

Alright I am a long time reader of this board and now I am a first time poster because I just had to throw in my two cents. I think our main problem starts with our leaders. I think Schneider and Rory have been good but the two guys that should solidify our team are Jones and Greene and it seems to me they are on the ice for a lot of goals or otherwise in the penalty box. Also I think the only forwards that are giving any effort are Porter, Rory and Spirko and maybe Genoway but the rest just seem lost. Lastly, I think Smaby needs to take next weekend off because he passed and shot the puck to the Red team more than the green this weekend.

I think if Matt Greene is the captain they will be in trouble the rest of the way. As soon as they get in the game he is in the box... Goal was pure luck. forwards need to get some urgency to score. I think if the sioux are scoring 1 0 2 goals a game they will never be any good because they make at least 5 turnovers a game.

Goaltender was the only good thing this weekend. Does Smaby ever cover anyone? What was Schneider doing on the 3rd Wisco goal. Why was he in the neutral zone when Fyling turned it over?

First of all the Sioux seem not to do that well in Madison over the years it has been a sore spot. Second of all if they van get the PP clicking then the team will be fine. I think that is will be a different team when Brady M comes back. The next couple of weeks should be easier and I think that we have had the toughest part of the schudule done. It will get better, but I will be not around to see I will be moving to MI :lol: for work

Listen you moron, I'm not licking any one's butt. But you idiots who overreact about everything are sure getting annoying. I'm as pissed off as anyone here that UND isn't winning, but despite your Chicken Little ideas, UND is not playing terrible. They are out there trying and putting in an effort. They have played an incredibly tough schedule and while I think they should have a better record right now, it isn't terrible right now. Excuse me for not thinking the world is ending and UND is doomed because they aren't playing their best right now.

This is simply amazing to me though. Some people here are so God damned spoiled that any sign of trouble has you running around in circles, yelling from the heavens and demanding the firing of the coach. It happened in 2001-2002, people were saying how terrible the Sioux were and how maybe Blais didn't know what he was doing anymore. Now this year UND is definately struggling by their standards and people are once again throwing hissy fits. It's freaking ridiculous.

Hardly rediculous!

Prior to 2001, Blaise had already established a record as a winning coach. Hell he did that his first year by sending a message by taking a team that had no direction, and making them winners.

WHAT HAS HAKSTOL DONE! and really, what did he do before as an assistant that made him the #1 prospect? Blaise came from a winning highschool program, brought many of those players to the sioux program, and wha-la, a wininng program.

I too am concerend, b/c if hakstol can't win, how is he going to bring in recruits.

There is a bigger picture than just a couple of lossess. As if this team cant get turned around, I'm afraid of the future of this program as long as he is at the helm.

First of all it is Blais. Please learn to spell his name before criticizing Hakstol or else you look rather silly, I think. But you are right, after 12 games we all know for sure that Dave Hakstol couldn't coach his way out of an imaginary invisible bubble. As long as he is the coach for UND, the Sioux are screwed. Whatever.

If your standard is that Blais proved that he was a wonderful coach his first season, don't you think Hakstol should be given an opportunity to prove the same thing?

I'm done with this argument though Continue your Chicken Little ways though, I don't care.

Ther is no doubt that Hakstol is going to have a problem bringing in the top recruits. If Blais was still here I believe UND would have had a real shot at Kessel. Hakstol is a Western Canadian and that is mainly where I believe he will try and get the majority of his recruits. I am not at all against having the best players no matter where they are from but I think that Hak is going to rely too heavily on western Canada and the best Minnesota/US recruits will no longer choose UND.

UH.......if you havent checked already, the sky is falling and Hakstol is underneath it!

Your such a dumbass! As was said, B-L-A-I-S, was a winning coach before coming to the sioux, and showed the community immediatly what kind of a coach he was. A winner.

Why cant we demand better play from the sioux players and coaches? Why is it such a crime to throw criticism, especially when it is earned? Hakstol has only drawn this criticism by the lack of play his hockey team is showing. As fans we have the right to demand better....and if we cant.....well then we can all go back to reading nursery rhymes with you.

But you have to give Hakstol more that 12 games to prove himself. The fact that people want to fire him after every loss is pitiful. Criticize all you want, but quit saying Hakstol should be fired.

BTW, Dean Blais went 19-18-1 his first year here. Dave Hakstol is currently 5-5-2. Not that big of a difference.

Now I'm done.

Glad your done!

Blaise......took a program that had a hard time winning.......brought them back to a respectable level of play.....and took it from there.

Hakstol......took a winning program and has shown them how to lose.

This team has great talent on it.....and right now it appears that Hak does not know how to use it, and for that matter, seems to be in over his head. This is D-1 hockey, and he needs to coach like it.

I agree with Diggler here.

Neoflexx, you need to chill out. The Sioux have played 9 of their 12 games against teams ranked in the top 8. They are 5-5-2 in that span. Yeah, it could be better, but I also think that they didn't play that bad this weekend. They took too many penalties last night, but they just couldn't find the back of the net.

You keep saying that the Sioux get outshot every game, but they just outshot the Badgers tonight.

You keep saying that Hakstol won't be able to get the big recruits, but he is the one that has been the main recruiting guy even when Blais was the coach.

You say that he was stupid for pulling the goalie, but I bet you thought Blais was a genuis when he did that. People only choose to remember the times that it did work, but it also backfired on Blais numerous times when he pulled the goalie.

You guys keep pinning Hakstol as the scapegoat here, but he is not the one on the ice. Now we can hopefully get some wins the next few weeks against SCSU, UAA, and Tech to shut all you idiots up.