SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Quarterfinals

FightingSU

4 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

I am trying to put some plans together to possibly go to GF if we get home ice for the first round.

What all needs to happen/play out and when will we knows if that first round will get to be in Forks?

The way it looks right now.....it most likely will come down to the last weekend of conference play.

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Debbies is right, but we should be at least pretty confident we'll be at home. We're 10 points up on the fifth spot, but St. Cloud does have 2 games in hand. 

Sounds good, Ill start making some arrangements.

3 minutes ago, jk said:

I'm not at all confident UND will be hosting.  Four home wins in the next eleven days would help, but anything short of that and hosting is in jeopardy. 

That definitely will be the key.  If they win all 4, they will be in good shape.  If they lay an egg, then all bets are off.  I would hope that with their pairwise ranking on the bubble, they would keep their nose to the grindstone, but who knows with the inconsistency we've seen.  So, do we still hope for an NCHC title and hope for St. Cloud to beat Denver, or do we want Denver to win so we have an easier route to home ice?

24 minutes ago, jk said:

I'm not at all confident UND will be hosting.  Four home wins in the next eleven days would help, but anything short of that and hosting is in jeopardy. 

Three wins in the next four games would still put us in very good shape for home ice. Anything below that, I would think makes things more interesting.

17 minutes ago, tnt said:

That definitely will be the key.  If they win all 4, they will be in good shape.  If they lay an egg, then all bets are off.  I would hope that with their pairwise ranking on the bubble, they would keep their nose to the grindstone, but who knows with the inconsistency we've seen.  So, do we still hope for an NCHC title and hope for St. Cloud to beat Denver, or do we want Denver to win so we have an easier route to home ice?

Splitsville is what I want

1 hour ago, FightingSU said:

Sounds good, Ill start making some arrangements.

Haha don't lay that evil on me, buddy! :) 

I'm just confident that they will make it. With that said, like I said last post, we need some big wins over the next two weeks against Omaha and CC.

• Upvote 1

The only thing sure right now is:
Denver will not finish eighth (mathematically impossible*). 

With two points this weekend, UND guarantees to not finish eighth. 

*Miami has 6 points with only 24 available to earn, so capped at 30, and DU has 32. UND has 29. 

55 minutes ago, tnt said:

I would think we have a number of different scenarios for home ice but none matter if we don't keep winning.  Cornell could really help us in the pairwise if they'd quit losing to teams like Brown.

4 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I would think we have a number of different scenarios for home ice but none matter if we don't keep winning.  Cornell could really help us in the pairwise if they'd quit losing to teams like Brown.

4 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Berry needs to let it be known to his goaltenders that 1 soft goal and it's the hook for them.

31 minutes ago, jk said:

I haven't felt like Driscoll was giving up much in the way of real soft goals.  But he was just giving up too many, even on pretty high quality chances, and that's how you get to 0.890, or whatever the number is. 

I felt they were very quick with the hook on Hellsten on Saturday.  Driscoll played well in relief but just saying.

A very timely question considering that my latest article just dropped. This covers the most likely winner of the 2022 Penrose Cup as well as a predicted order of finish in the NCHC. Spoiler alert: I would plan a trip to Grand Forks.

Follow this link to find out why:

Down The Home Stretch: Who Will Win the 2022 Penrose Cup?

Discuss. :)

Dave