SiouxSports.com Forum

Recruiting Updates on WIKI

UND Fan

3 hours ago, UND Fan said:

For the last 12 years, I have done my best to keep WIKI updated with current football recruiting information.  I will discontinue doing so after next week's signing date.

I am hoping that someone will take over this task.  It is very time-consuming as I include all prospects invited to UND Jr. Days, our home football games and/or summer camps.  Also included are any talented kids who had expressed interest in UND on social media and from info on various recruiting websites.  Any ND and NW MN prospects who, in my opinion, are potential DI players are included.  This amounted to 275 kids on this year's list and there are already 60+ prospects listed for next year's recruiting efforts.  You certainly would not need to do that much work.  You could just include prospects who receive offers from UND.  Of these, you would want to include a section for those who committed to UND along with a separate category noting where the other offerees committed.  It is also interesting to include what offers the UND offerees had received from other schools. 

One other recommendation, it does not work well if more than one person does the input of information.  Things get screwed up when two people are entering info at the same time, etc. 

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.  

Thanks for the great job you've done!  Your shoes will be hard to fill.  Thanks for sticking with it for 12 years!

3 hours ago, UND Fan said:

For the last 12 years, I have done my best to keep WIKI updated with current football recruiting information.  I will discontinue doing so after next week's signing date.

I am hoping that someone will take over this task.  It is very time-consuming as I include all prospects invited to UND Jr. Days, our home football games and/or summer camps.  Also included are any talented kids who had expressed interest in UND on social media and from info on various recruiting websites.  Any ND and NW MN prospects who, in my opinion, are potential DI players are included.  This amounted to 275 kids on this year's list and there are already 60+ prospects listed for next year's recruiting efforts.  You certainly would not need to do that much work.  You could just include prospects who receive offers from UND.  Of these, you would want to include a section for those who committed to UND along with a separate category noting where the other offerees committed.  It is also interesting to include what offers the UND offerees had received from other schools. 

One other recommendation, it does not work well if more than one person does the input of information.  Things get screwed up when two people are entering info at the same time, etc. 

One more year?

4 hours ago, UND Fan said:

I look at that wiki all the time! Thanks for all of the work you put in over the years!