SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 NHL Season

cberkas

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Buyout Calculator at CapFriendly

Parise: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/zach-parise <-- That looks like Parise is already bought out! (Scroll about half)

Suter: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/ryan-suter <-- Same here! 

I read where it clears up 10.3 million in cap space 

The Wild will pay each $6.7 million over the next eight years and be charged with $2.371 million, $6.371 million and $7.371 million cap hits in the next four years, respectively, for each, then $833,333 cap hits the four years after that for each.

Looks like both were actually only owed $10 million over the next 4 years, so for them, getting $6.7 million with a chance to sign another contract right isn't too bad of a deal.  In return, they will get paid over 8 years instead of 4.

Large reduction in cap hit for the Wild for the upcoming year ($5.2 million on each contract). Then they get a little relief the following year ($1.2 million each), roughly a wash the next 2 years ($167K savings each) and then smaller hits for the following 4 years that wouldn't have been there ($833K each). 

7 minutes ago, nd jg said:

would have been interesting to see if this would have happened if the expansion draft wasn't here.  This allows the Wild to protect two additional players that they wouldn't have been able to do. 

Guerin knows what he’s doing 

Kivlenieks 'died a hero,' Blue Jackets teammate says at memorial (nhl.com)

"He saved my (unborn) son. He saved my wife and he saved me," Merzlikins said. "He saved many lives. … If that wouldn't have been me, my wife or son, it would've been 50 other people. He died a hero. And that's not me saying it. That was the doctor saying it. If he would just sit, it wouldn't have happened. … I just wanted to let you know that he was a hero. He saved a lot of lives."

• Upvote 3