SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's get ... Kraken: The expansion draft game

2 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

What a bunch of bs. Unreal. Team could have been much better. Still plenty of room in cap space to sign free agents. Who wants to go to Seattle though? Not I. 

I agree.  Definitely confused with some of those selections.  Ohh to be a fly on the wall in those meetings. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

What a bunch of bs. Unreal. Team could have been much better. Still plenty of room in cap space to sign free agents. Who wants to go to Seattle though? Not I. 

Definitely a head scratcher. I’d have to assume many trades will happen especially with how much cap space they have like you said 

• Upvote 2

Seems like they favored some familiar Hakstol recruiting traits:

*  Building from the defense out ... Their D corps is pretty darn good.   Giordano, Larsson ... even Soucy who was easy to hate when at UMD.  All very solid. 

* Two way forwards.

*  Character guys, who were Captains (1 at the NHL level) and others in Juniors or college.

* Late bloomers, because you can get those guys for an affordable price.  

I liked a lot of those picks ... perhaps the non-selection of Stecher was a way to avoid the appearance of favoring ex-UND players (which was a criticism at Philly).

Dunn and Gourde were picks that I like among the scheme of guys that haven't had a chance to play a starring role.   

The draft on Friday - Saturday will fill in the blanks.   They may get that #1 or #2 center in the draft.

26 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

The Seattle Kraken are signing goaltender Philipp Grubauer to a six-year contract worth $5.9 million per season, reports Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

Holy < bleep > !

Dave Hakstol with an NHL team with an NHL goalie!