SiouxSports.com Forum

Students of SS

jloos

The chief of police changed the plan that "STUDENT GOVERNMENT, UIVERSITY POLICE, PRESIDENT OF THE UNIVERSITY, RALPH ENGLESTAD AREA" had made thurdays night at 9:30 pm when the anxious fans decided they would form a PRELINE which there was none and Being the only fair thing to do Jordan called a meeting together to fix what the chief of police had done for the students cheating the system.

My plan was to come friday morning at 4 am and go to the front of the line with about 30 people since there was no PRELINE, what would u have done then told me i was on the sidewalk and it was public property and this is the line even though there isn't a line. I give Schuetzle/Sambor a great thanks for making the raffle fair for the people who were going to show up at the right time and to the people that came early, there was no advantage except to have lady luck on your side. And again i think it shows alot of our student body president for not even taking a hockey ticket, who is the biggest fan i know, so another great hockey fan could have it. I still feel that Jordan deserves the best seat in the ralph for all the work he put into this and everything else he does and lets start showing him some support.

So you're mad at everyone for showing up early, but you were going to show up at 4 am? Seems like someone has some issues.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think she actually said that, do you? I hope you realize that was very likely just a misprint by the paper.

Really? I never thought of that :D I'm pretty sure it was a misprint, either that or the student vp is an exchange student from Bulgaria.

I officially didn't get tickets, my name wasn't on the list outside of student gov't - thanks RW77 for the info. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out the process for getting upper bowl tickets, from the sound of it those are going to be the better (atmosphere anyway) seats this season.

The dakota student article brought up a good point. However, they will never open up more student seats when so many remain empty every game (with a few exceptions - i.e. minny series). The people to my right last year went to maybe 1/2 the games. The people to my left maybe 1/4 of the games. There were plenty of empty seats in section 108 - most games students from the upper bowl snuck down to around the middle of the second period to fill in a little bit.

I talked to Jordan and he said the people to talk to about getting season tickets in the Upper Bowl are Roger Thomas and Paula Sondreal.

Paula is in the Old Ralphy, I think. Her number is 777-2236 and her email address is paula_sondreal@UND.nodak.edu

Roger is in Hyslop. His number is 777-2235 and his email address is roger.thomas@UND.nodak.edu

If a whole bunch of people call them, I think we might be able to actually get them. :D

So what is the process for getting upper deck tickets to the Manitoba game?

I believe we go to one of the ticket places starting Monday and just purchase them.

Forgot to say that I know I and a bunch of other students who post here would appreciate it if non-students called/emailed/etc. Roger and Paula in support of this. Your support would help an awful lot, I'm sure. Thanks. :D

Herald says:

UND's Student Senate unanimously approved Sunday a resolution to negotiate the supply of Sioux men's hockey seats after a new purchase system failed to give every student an equal chance to buy season tickets.

With this resolution, the student government body is hoping to increase the amount of lower bowl season tickets to a figure that is more in line with the World Collegiate Hockey Association's average - which according to senators, ranges from 20 percent to 30 percent of the entire arena.

"We need to set up a permanent solution," Schuetzle said Sunday.

After the reading the Herald article, I agree that the system needs to be changed. I'm not going to argue the number of student tickets available...I'll leave that between UND and the Ralph.

Wouldn't a simple solution be to have students sign up for a lottery drawing when they register for school?? All students could be asked, at that time, if they want tickets....after registration was over, the lottery would be conducted, and students notified.

Am I over-simplifying the problem?!?!? :D

Let's try this again:

Lower bowl: 540 seats

Upper deck: ~1600 seats

Total students: ~2200

Total capacity: 11406

Student percentage: ~20% (About WCHA average.)

Now the question:

Are all of those ~2200 full for every home game? (We know the answer. That'd be "no".)

Herald says:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"This year, there were only 630 lower bowl seats available for student season tickets. Such scarcity caused students to miss classes as they joined the long lines outside Ralph Engelstad Arena."

The line formed at 8:30 Thursday night...please let me know who missed class that late? As for camping out all day Friday/some of Sat...nobody had to stay there. The raffle was the only thing that caused students to miss any classes.

Go back to General Admission, yet swipe student ID's along with the tickets...that way if you kick a student out you can swipe their card and make it so they can't get back in for the rest of the year. Then have an appeal process for students who are kicked out to try and fight their bannishment from hockey.

Let's try this again:

Now the question:

Are all of those ~2200 full for every home game? (We know the answer. That'd be "no".)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No its not sold out every game, obviously. However you can bet that at least half of the upper deck will be sold this year for every game. Sure we get seats, but they limit the noise factor that the students UNDOUBTEDLY bring to the game. Give the students sections 107-110 and 208 up top and you will have a much better atmosphere at the Ralph. We don't just want any tickets that the Ralph will throw at us...we want the tickets that allow us to support our team and actually make a difference in the third period when we're down by one with three minutes remaining.

You can't deny that students are the ones who are going to stand up before the pumped in music and signs flashing "stand up" are needed.

No its not sold out every game, obviously.  However you can bet that at least half of the upper deck will be sold this year for every game.  Sure we get seats, but they limit the noise factor that the students UNDOUBTEDLY bring to the game.  Give the students sections 107-110 and 208 up top and you will have a much better atmosphere at the Ralph.  We don't just want any tickets that the Ralph will throw at us...we want the tickets that allow us to support our team and actually make a difference in the third period when we're down by one with three minutes remaining.

You can't deny that students are the ones who are going to stand up before the pumped in music and signs flashing "stand up" are needed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

REA: Season ticket holder, we would like to move your seat to the upperdeck in order to move half the student section into the upper bowl down

Season Ticket Holder: #&## you

I don't see this happening.

REA: Season ticket holder, we would like to move your seat to the upperdeck in order to move half the student section into the upper bowl down

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't forget the second part of this equation.

REA: Student, we would like to move your seat to the upperdeck in order to give more tickets to season holders.

Student: #&## you

REA: Too bad, we're doing it anyways. And watch your language, you don't have a right to swear unless you start donating money. Would you like to donate money?

Student: Will I be able to keep my seat in the lower bowl if I do?

REA: Heck no.

Student: Then #&## you

REA: We warned you once, you've lost your right to tickets. Unless you want to donate money of course.

Let's try this again:

Now the question:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The article mentioned said Average of the other WCHA student's in the LOWER bowls. The student section is always sold out and full in the lower section of the arena, why because those are good seats. A lot of students don't go to games because you are far from the action and atmosphere in the upper bowl and frankly it sucks..but yes you can see all of the ice "better." Just look at the figures for how many students came out to try and get lower bowl season tickets. But this is all arbitrary because increasing student seats in the lower bowl will never happen.

The article mentioned said Average of the other WCHA student's in the LOWER bowls. The student section is always sold out and full in the lower section of the arena, why because those are good seats. A lot of students don't go to games because you are far from the action and atmosphere in the upper bowl and frankly it sucks..but yes you can see all of the ice "better." Just look at the figures for how many students came out to try and get lower bowl season tickets. But this is all arbitrary because increasing student seats in the lower bowl will never happen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the students can't fill the seats they get why should REA even consider improving location or the number of seats alloted to students ?

If the students don't go because the seats are in the upper deck then they are pretty spoiled. If they want to see hockey then go to the game, sit in the upper deck and work to improve the atmosphere and quit whining about everything. Focus on what you do have: the best hockey arena in the country and one of the best teams every year. Every one of the student seats is a good seat.

I travel 400 miles to Grand Forks 5-6 times each year to see games. My only way to get tickets is buy the few single game tickets that they sell, generally in section 311. These are some of the "worst" seats in REA. They are upper deck in the corners at the end where the Sioux only shoot once, and I pay $20-25 per ticket, not to mention ticketmasters ridiculous fees (+hotel, gas). I am NOT complaining, I am happy to be able to get a seat. My only other ticket option is if the students don't sell all theirs which was almost every game last year. However, to get these tickets I have to wait till the Thursday before the games so I would rather buy the single game tickets in advance so I can plan the trip. This year I couldn't get tickets for the Saturday Gophers game. Maybe I should complain to REA that more tickets should be placed in the public single game ticket allotment that goes on sale in September since the students didn't use all their tickets last year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This actually happened to the STUDENTS. The original plans for arena seating had the students getting the 4 sections of lower bowl seating, and then the two on top. Then they changed things on the students.

Imagine if they would have left the original seating. No complaints about standing. Lots more season tickets packages for students. Plus, there would have actually been more game tickets for non-students, since more of the upper deck would belong to them. Though, I believe this would be less money to the Fighting Sioux Club.

Would students give up some seats for more lower bowl? I would. Though I'm not a student anymore.

Why are we complaining so much about the students not showing. Every game I've been to, the no shows for non students season ticket holders is way worse. Most games the upper deck is near capacity and the lower bowl is a third empty. This is part of the reason I'm happy that they've closed those clubs on the ends.

Those waiting list season ticket holders are the ones who should be bitching.