SiouxSports.com Forum

bison class

nickelboy

Sioux Fans started this....so what is one person wore a T-shirt you didn't like. The reason I was looking at the threads was to hear about the Delta State game... ??? This stuff would probably be confined to a smack session if there were such an area......hint Jim....

Sioux Fans started this....so what is one person wore a T-shirt you didn't like.  The reason I was looking at the threads was to hear about the Delta State game... ???  This stuff would probably be confined to a smack session if there were such an area......hint Jim....

We don't need a smack talk forum though because we don't need 1000x different threads making fun of the Bison or the Gophers. Usually there will be maybe one thread for that unless we happen to be playing that team soon. Then there will be about five. On bisonville though there needs to be a smacktalk forum just so the fans can continuously start new threads making fun of UND and Grand Forks.

It gets old. When it happens every once in a while, it is funny. When it happens constantly, it is pathetic.

Last fall, I went to the DU/UND hockey series in Denver. While there, one of the most obnoxious fans in the DU arena wasn't a Pioneers OR a Sioux fan-it was a Bison fan. This kid was wearing a yellow and green UND Sioux Suxs t-shirt and he was talking trash about the Sioux the entire 2 game series. He embarrassed himself as well as the visiting fans from North Dakota with his behavior. My question is this-why would a Bison fan go out of his way to go to a sporting event between two teams of which neither one was an NDSU team? And, why would he go out of his way to trash talk the Sioux? Even the DU fans sitting next to me were scratching their heads over that one. I guess that means Sioux fans living in Colorado should drive up to Greeley next Saturday and cheer on the UNC Bears in their football game against NDSU......again, this would be just as strange.

Last fall, I went to the DU/UND hockey series in Denver. While there, one of the most obnoxious fans in the DU arena wasn't a Pioneers OR a Sioux fan-it was a Bison fan. This kid was wearing a yellow and green UND Sioux Suxs t-shirt and he was talking trash about the Sioux the entire 2 game series. He embarrassed himself as well as the visiting fans from North Dakota with his behavior. My question is this-why would a Bison fan go out of his way to go to a sporting event between two teams of which neither one was an NDSU team? And, why would he go out of his way to trash talk the Sioux? Even the DU fans sitting next to me were scratching their heads over that one. I guess that means Sioux fans living in Colorado should drive up to Greeley next Saturday and cheer on the UNC Bears in their football game against NDSU......again, this would be just as strange.

Perhaps he's a Denver student from Fargo who enjoys hating the Sioux.

Bisonfan1234, you could be right. Good point.

If the Bison fans hate hearing from the Sioux fans about the Nickel trophy, just think how us Colorado College hockey fans are going to feel as we get severely hazed by the DU fans this hockey season! It's been 47 years since the Tigers won the NCAA title.

Us UND fans didn't just start this topic for the fun of it. It started on your site with a mother wearing a shirt that is very inappropriate out in public and then the bison fans proudly displaying it to the public on their forum. Are you kidding me. I supposed gene taylor saw that lady out tailgaiting and laughed at it also. How many other people were wearing UND apparel at the bison game. Get over us please. And as far as the best game in the state that day, well let's see, Phil Hansen said on the radio that half the bison fans left in the second half. So there were more fans in the second half at the UND game then at the bison game. Now which game was better. But bison fans only spent $5.00 at most for a ticket so why watch the whole game. What's the price going to be for the TECH game. Are any bison coaches going to scout tech this week as they play Dosch's boys (Jamestown).

I would just as soon hear about the Delta State game....rather that a damn T-Shirt. It's a stupid topic.....especially under the UND football heading. Geez....UND was my early pick to win the NCC and D2....I need to find out if I am right... ???

Do I think UND was short sited not to move up?.....obviously....

Do I think RT is a fool as an AD?......obviously.....

I think we ought to discuss that without this goofy BS about some one wearing a T-Shirt....Good grief, I am sure we could go find a UND fan wearing something similar on a given day.....but who really gives a s&!t...

Wow, one person wearing a shirt causes this much commotion. I was up in the Grand Cities two weekends ago, and saw three guys wearing the "Buck the Fison" shirts. I just chuckled.

I agree that a t-shirt isn't really a big deal one way or the other. What I find disappointing, however, is the stuff I referenced in the earlier post about the Green Mill and the flood. Just as I would find it appalling if UND fans heckled Amy Ruley about her health problems a few years back (not saying anybody did--just an example of something similarly crass). Some things are just going over the line, and reveling in someone else's non-sports-related misfortune is very immature.

I agree that a t-shirt isn't really a big deal one way or the other. What I find disappointing, however, is the stuff I referenced in the earlier post about the Green Mill and the flood. Just as I would find it appalling if UND fans heckled Amy Ruley about her health problems a few years back (not saying anybody did--just an example of something similarly crass). Some things are just going over the line, and reveling in someone else's non-sports-related misfortune is very immature.

True.

NO real Sioux guy is going to "RIDE NERD...sorry HERD" on this forum...lets duke it out!...as I recall..."those" guys were giving us crap about playing a DI Sport with only "a few real competitive" teams...hmmm ??? Seems like the HUGE WORLD of division one AA FB is also made up of the haves and have nots...Valpo was CLEARLY a HAVE NOT....(geez...get one scholarship at least! ???:(;) ) and the AWESOME HISTORICAL VICTORY was, in fact, nothing more than a scrimmage against a traveling version of MSU-Moorhead. I sincerely hope division one AA has more quality than that...because a team theat can't even cross the 50 YARD LINE against 3rd teamers is REALLY EMBARRASSING!! At least UND plays REAL Division I teams in our premier sport like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St...et al AND ARE COMPETITIVE! You guys can only dream of games like that...

PS - don't I get ANY credit for the VALPO WAS ALPO line? :lol::p:lol:

PS2 - the first TOILET BOHL Show last night was GREAT :lol::lol: Could Phil Hansen have talked any faster?? Nice to see he learned all his NDSU-approved lines though....just needs to slow down the delivery...I have to say I had a huge desire to go scrub my shower after watching for 5 minutes...I had this earworm going that sounded like..."MR CLEAN MR CLEAN...!"

Sorry folks, avoid the computer for a day and this is what happens.

Coming here to whine about postings on a different web site is ridiculous. If you want to discuss a post on a different message board with an opponents' fans, reply there!

While I know some Sioux fans honestly enjoy smack battles with Bison fans at every opportunity, the majority of frequent readers of this board who have contacted me do not and it seriously detracts from the usefulness of this forum as a source of Sioux football information. Since you're citing a post from Bisonville, I'm sure you're aware that they host a smack forum where so-inclined Sioux fans can go get smacked upon. Please don't drag it back here again.