SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (2-3, 8-10) vs SDSU (4-1, 14-6) 1/16 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

59 minutes ago, FargoBison said:

If anything Daum gets more calls in SF,  the UND fans complaining haven't seen nothing yet. 

At least he isn't as bad as Richman, North Dakota coaching toliet bowl on Saturday. 

Daum rules.  SDSU has been blessed with stupidly talented guys this decade.

Richman sucks.  

3 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Daum rules.  SDSU has been blessed with stupidly talented guys this decade.

Richman sucks.  

I haven’t paid attention to NDSU ball lately. What’s the hatred for Richman for? 85-62 career record with last year being bad and this year not going great. In UND books he would have at least 8 more years left to prove himself. 

3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I haven’t paid attention to NDSU ball lately. What’s the hatred for Richman for? 85-62 career record with last year being bad and this year not going great. In UND books he would have at least 8 more years left to prove himself. 

He sucks.  That is the hatred.

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

In UND books he would have at least 8 more years left to prove himself. 

Richman took over a highly talented NDSU team from Saul Phillips (Whom I'm sure people also wanted fired after his losing record season/s). Went to the dance with them his first year and then has gotten worse every year at NDSU.

Brian Jones has been to the NCAA Dance more recently than David has.

NDSU made the dance in its first year after becoming eligible for the autobid (first time a team had since 1972).
SDSU four years.
UND five years ( played in the Big Sky Championship game in their second year of eligibility).
USD still waiting. 

Making the tournament ain't going to get any easier with the tournament permanently located in Sioux Falls (with the addition of Augustana) and SDSU winning the postseason tournament the past three years. Which in turn has made The Summit postseason one of the best around and one of the best attended in the country.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, supersioux said:

We need to drive more if we want free throws.  I would normally agree but the truth is we took almost all jump shots and three’s.  

To be honest, in retrospect, you make a good point.  Drives to the hoop do get fouls and Moody and Brown are really long-range, straight up, jump shooters.

11 hours ago, Bubbasburner said:

Look on the positive side, you'll get an easy win Saturday. Wouldn't be surprised if you guys beat us by 20+.

Iiiii don't know about that.  I haven't paid much attention to NDSU hoops but I know they're having a tough go this season  but UND ain't exactly tearing it up, some good games some bad games.  You guys are at home and we are up and down so I've a feeling if UND wins it won't be a runaway.

18 hours ago, homer said:

I don’t know many that saw two grad transfers leaving in two years.  

I agree it could have been managed better but he seems to have replaced those that left with the tyle of talent that could contend for a conference title the next few years.   

UND lost 3 Grad Transfers the past 2 years, not 2.  I thought SDSU/Daum got a bit lucky in the end.  There were 3 rebounds that UND did a fairly good job of boxing out in the last 5 minutes and when the UND player went up for the rebound, the ball bounced off the side of the rim, out of the UND players hand and right to Daum, who then put it in.  If just one of those three rebounds end up in UND hands it most likely goes to Overtime.

Daum also had a few no calls, one on defense when Avants went up for a shot and it looked like Daum fouled him and again on offense when Daum backed up very hard and Avants ended up on the floor.  Should have been an offensive foul rather than a lay up and 2 points.

Overall I thought it was an entertaining game and I do believe this team has improved since the beginning of the season and will continue to improve over the next two months.  If we can make the Summit Tourney, maybe we can win a game or three???  Lets hope for a good showing Sat. in Fargo and a UND win.

5 hours ago, HAWKS1 said:

UND lost 3 Grad Transfers the past 2 years, not 2.  I thought SDSU/Daum got a bit lucky in the end.  There were 3 rebounds that UND did a fairly good job of boxing out in the last 5 minutes and when the UND player went up for the rebound, the ball bounced off the side of the rim, out of the UND players hand and right to Daum, who then put it in.  If just one of those three rebounds end up in UND hands it most likely goes to Overtime.

Daum also had a few no calls, one on defense when Avants went up for a shot and it looked like Daum fouled him and again on offense when Daum backed up very hard and Avants ended up on the floor.  Should have been an offensive foul rather than a lay up and 2 points.

Overall I thought it was an entertaining game and I do believe this team has improved since the beginning of the season and will continue to improve over the next two months.  If we can make the Summit Tourney, maybe we can win a game or three???  Lets hope for a good showing Sat. in Fargo and a UND win.

agreed...lot of stupid dumb luck plays at the end that all went sdac's way...including the one where filip mistimed his jump on a rebound on a missed ft (i think) and sdac got another o-rebound.....