SiouxSports.com Forum

Athletic Department "Flight Plan"

The Sicatoka

The University of North Dakota Department of Athletics is proud to unveil its Flight Plan. This strategic plan dovetails into UND's One UND Plan that began in 2017. 

The core athletics values as defined in this plan of accountability, integrity and loyalty are in addition to UND's core values of community, discovery, diversity, inclusivity, liberal arts and lifelong learning. This plan was constructed internally through the hard work of key athletics staff without the use of a consultant. 

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/12/21/general-north-dakota-athletics-releases-flight-plan.aspx 

... and no consultant.  < faints > 

• 1 month later...

Like the comments made by Davidson’s new AD.  Davidson moved up to the A10 and hasn’t become a wall flower, despite being one of the smaller schools in DI.  His goal is to make DU a power in the A10 in all its sponsored sports  and beyond, considering its midget status.  They have met with success beyond mbb.  Hope Chaves follows the same path.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article224639960.html

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I had a question about the athletic department and didn't want to start a new topic. IIRC, you guys had a fantastic director of the Fighting Sioux Club back in the 90s. I was trying to remember his name, but I'm coming up blank in my memory and in google searches. Josh Morton comes to mind, but I thought he was director in the late 2000s, not the 90s. Unless maybe he left and then came back? Anyway, I'm pretty sure the guy I'm trying to remember came just before Sarah Newgard(found her name in an old media guide). 

Pat Simmers is retiring as director of Team Makers this May, and I wanted to use the name of your old director as the type of person we should be looking for. IIRC, he transformed the FSC into a professional fundraising organization and was well-liked and respected by most everyone while he was at UND. Just wish I could remember his name. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

I had a question about the athletic department and didn't want to start a new topic. IIRC, you guys had a fantastic director of the Fighting Sioux Club back in the 90s. I was trying to remember his name, but I'm coming up blank in my memory and in google searches. Josh Morton comes to mind, but I thought he was director in the late 2000s, not the 90s. Unless maybe he left and then came back? Anyway, I'm pretty sure the guy I'm trying to remember came just before Sarah Newgard(found her name in an old media guide). 

Pat Simmers is retiring as director of Team Makers this May, and I wanted to use the name of your old director as the type of person we should be looking for. IIRC, he transformed the FSC into a professional fundraising organization and was well-liked and respected by most everyone while he was at UND. Just wish I could remember his name. Thanks.

Rob Bollinger. Former offensive coordinator for UND football. Took a job at Bemidji State. His son Brooks was a starting QB at Wisconsin and later played in the NFL for the New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys.