SiouxSports.com Forum

He's a Matador, that;

CVCL

I was disappointed to learn that Blais pressured him to get a haircut when he was in college. Hair (or lack of it) doesn't win hockey games. If anything, and we've had this discussion before in different threads, long hair sticking out of the helmets adds a mystique in my opinion.

In this case, hair was the difference between winning and losing. Donny Adam and other WCHA ref's didn't like Commodore, or his hair, and I suspect sent Mike to the penalty box more than once on a "hairy" call.

If he'd grow it out to shoulder-length in the back it would look pretty cool. To me it seems kind of awkward to have all that hair on top but not so much in the back. He needs to add some length in the back to make it more proportional. Looks like an afro straight out of the '70s the way it is now.

mullets.jpg

;):sad:

Mystique? possibly. I don't know in Ricci's case. Nothin is left to the imagination there. Oh, and there comes Canisius', Jon Durno into the equation again. Plus, he's starting to look like CC in Fletch, and other than the basketball that's clearly a hilarious hair moment in sports.

I agree though, let the guy stand on his head to get the helmet on. What MC should do is grow a big ol' handlebar mustache, then he'd be a true Calgary Flame.

Maybe his hero is Lanny McDonald?

I agree though, let the guy stand on his head to get the helmet on.  What MC should do is grow a big ol' handlebar mustache, then he'd be a true Calgary Flame.

Maybe his hero is Lanny McDonald?

lannyCalcup_185x250.jpg

Lanny never had the hair, Commie looks more like.....

Ogie2.JPG

Go here to see Commie's fight against McCarty, camera was late getting there do to the Iginla - Hatcher fight. Hockey Fights Just click on Flames v. Redwings

commodore2.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't want to meet Mr. Comodore in the corner of the rink. Mike looks more intimidating with the big red mass of hair.

I think the comparison to oggie might be kind of accurate.

I agree that the refs in the WCHA didn't like him, but I seriously doubt that his hair had anything to do with that. It was more likely probably his physical style of play that got him sent to the box so many times. Thomas Vanek has hair longer than Commodore's ever was and he has never been targeted by refs.

No, but just like Zach, he has never been protected by the refs, either... ;)

No No No!!! I didn't say he should grow it out in back and get rid of what he has on top, I said he should add some length in the back to go along with what he already has going on up top. The picture you posted is unproportional to the opposite extreme. If you're going to wear your hair long, it should be long on top and in the back both. If you do just one or the other you're going to end up looking rather silly.

He wanted the afro look, not everyone has to have long hair in the back.