SiouxSports.com Forum

Denver Vs Maine for NC

Mad Man

Will this game live up to the hype? :sad:??? I am guessing it will be the lowest scoring longest game in NCAA history. :( Both teams have goalies that can come up big and each team has had some trouble scoring. Both play a defensive style which tends to lead to few scoring chances.

I really don't care who wins this game.

If Denver wins they are at least in the WCHA, but then again they did knock off the Sioux. :0

If Maine wins it would make up for the hose job of 2002, but then again they are from HE. ???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want Maine to win at all just because they are from HE. I don't want denver to win becausethey already have 5 NC's and they would be one behind us after this one, I guess I'd rather see this though because I want to show the nation how deep the WCHA is. Our #4 team against their #1 team in the country. Also I won't feel as bad if the Sioux went down at the hands of the National Champs.

Goon,

I believe you "couldn't care less" about who wins the game. If you could care less, it means just that. It means you care and actually could care LESS than what you care for. :sad:

That being said, watch the game. I bet you'll be surprised. Frankly, this run by Denver is quite a story. I hope they win it all.

I root for UND, they lose. I root for UMD, they lose. I root for BC, they lose. GO MAINE!

Personally, I can't stand either BC or Maine, but if ESPN supports Maine, then that's all I need to know to root for their competitors. Just watch up to the NC game. Denver will get mentioned in passing, but Maine will have all this feed on them from ESPN. Oh wow. Yippeee. Wow. Who cares.

I probably won't watch the game. But GO MAINE. May my curse find you crying in Orono for whatever.

I wasn't overly impressed by Maine or BC yesterday. Both teams seemed to be playing "not to lose". Then again, I wasn't overly impressed by any of the HE teams the past season.

I honestly thought UMD would clean Denver's clock, but you have to give Gwoz's boys credit for never giving up and eventually scoring more than 3 goals in a game. :0 Anyway, the "WCHA Fan" in me really hopes Denver clobbers Maine, and it will be good humor over the summer as the HE "fans" talk about next season. :sad:

I agree that both BC and Maine looked like they were trying not to lose, but I'm pulling for Maine to win it all. After the Sioux, I love the Blackbears. So since I can't have the best team in the country win, why not the second? And as far as the Denver-Duluth game goes I was very disappointed. IMO the Bulldogs would have given Maine a way better game.

Goon,

I believe you "couldn't care less" about who wins the game. If you could care less, it means just that. It means you care and actually could care LESS than what you care for. :sad:

That being said, watch the game. I bet you'll be surprised. Frankly, this run by Denver is quite a story. I hope they win it all.

I like neither team playing in the game, in fact it disgusts me that UND couldn't beat Denver. I will watch the game but I really don't care who wins the game. However, the silver lining is that UofM will not three peat at the Fleet.

DU alum Keith Magnuson Dies

Maine lost Shawn Walsh a few years ago...did you forget about more recent events involving a Denver alum?

"Emotionally, I'm pulling for Maine"? :sad:

I guess if emotions rule who you root for, it's going to be hard to cheer against either Maine or Denver.

Well I felt pretty bad for Maine when they had Walsh's jersey hanging up behind their bench during that run in 2002...And GP beats them at the X with that money goal. I think this year might be redemption.

I like neither team playing in the game, in fact it disgusts me that UND couldn't beat Denver. I will watch the game but I really don't care who wins the game. However, the silver lining is that UofM will not three peat at the Fleet.

Amen to that.....

I'm still disgusted about that loss to Denver. Won't get over it until the puck drops in October.

You're preachin' to the choir, cfm! I was at that game at the Xcel...Adam Hauser takes a MONSTER slash at a Maine player skating by him, then gives him another whack as he turned around to come back up the ice. No call, but the ref promptly blows the whisle against Maine at center ice, leading up to that power play goal. That call was a bigger joke than the two no-calls ten seconds prior to that.

I totally agree with you...Maine was hosed in 2002.

??? Hmm, this one is a tough call. I'll have to get back to you on it. :0

Seriously, though, I'd have a hard time coming up with a reason to root against Denver if I didn't have a horse in this race.

I remember seeing them in Worcester '99, when they had a nice lead on Michigan, only to see the Wolverines storm back and bury them in the 3rd.

Then, insult to injury, Denver has a GREAT team in 2001-2002. Their reward is the death trip to Yost in the West regional. Yay. That's what your work all year is supposed to reward you with :sad:

As a fan of a team with no shot at all ever to host (unless Stephen King pulls a Ralph and decides he wants an arena with his name on it), I can relate to that.

I guess it'll actually be one of those games where you can feel good about the winner even if it goes the 'wrong' way. And on that note, time to get the keys. There's a little drive down I-95 to make this afternoon.

It's disrespectful for me to say this, but this game is an embarrassment to college hockey. Compare this to the up-and-down WCHA Final Five championship game, played by two teams that like to play offense. Much credit to Denver and Maine for winning the games to get here, but I wish this game had more well-rounded teams in it. (Sour grapes.)