SiouxSports.com Forum

Help!!! Real or Fake??

coltssiouxfan

If it isn't authorized by UND it's a counterfeit.  They look nice, but unless it's authorized by the University, and the University is getting their cut, it's a counterfeit.

There's a ton of cool looking homemade Sioux stuff that is 100% counterfeit as it was not authorized by UND.   Just private folks making a few bucks.

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

AZ jerseys are very nice. Ive bought from him. I recommend.

As far as customization,  where are you located?

I have many many of these and have done all the customization myself.

I use tackle twill and accurate number fonts and sizes.

I’m in Grand Forms currently 

10 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

If it isn't authorized by UND it's a counterfeit.  They look nice, but unless it's authorized by the University, and the University is getting their cut, it's a counterfeit.

There's a ton of cool looking homemade Sioux stuff that is 100% counterfeit as it was not authorized by UND.   Just private folks making a few bucks.

All good points, but...

coun·ter·feit
ˈkoun(t)ərˌfit/
adjective
  1. 1.
    made in exact imitation of something valuable or important with the intention to deceive or defraud. 

IIRC this jersey is listed as a replica, not as authentic, or licensed, and when you say "counterfeit jerseys", that brings up images of Ohsie jerseys with a backwards 7, and Sioux logo with an enormous chin, and no pupil, and made in Southeast Asia.
  • Like 1

Try opening a "Replica"  branded McDonald's next to a real one, and see how that goes.  It's stealing from McDonalds.  Saying something is "retro" or "replica" doesn't give the right to use the McDonalds name or logo.  Apparently for many it isn't whether an item is counterfeit or not, it's the quality of the counterfeit.  Seems like a weird distinction to make. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

Try opening a "Replica"  branded McDonald's next to a real one, and see how that goes.  It's stealing from McDonalds.  Saying something is "retro" or "replica" doesn't give the right to use the McDonalds name or logo.  Apparently for many it isn't whether an item is counterfeit or not, it's the quality of the counterfeit.  Seems like a weird distinction to make. 

UND doesn't have exclusive rights on the words "Sioux" and the colors green and white any more than Michigan owns anything maize and blue with the word "Michigan" on it. 

I'm not sure on the Sammy Sioux logo but don't believe that UND has a registered trademark on it.  Correct me if I am wrong.  

1 hour ago, Walsh Hall said:

Again, I see what You're saying about the lack of authenticity, however, calling it a counterfeit, by definition, is incorrect. Secondly, while this may technically violate UND's copyright (I doubt it though), it is not taking money away from the program, because Sioux jerseys are not available at Siouxshop, and most people who would consider buying it would not buy a current jersey, or already have one. People won't choose to buy this jersey instead of an authentic one. The difference between the countless counterfeits and this jersey is that the Chinese jerseys are a) low quality b) actually infringe copyright c) mass produced for profit and d) take away potential revenue dollars from UND. This jersey does not.

• 1 month later...