SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

26 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Ok Chief.  Like I said, Chauvin's position was static.  No blunt force or significant movement of Chauvin's knee was applied - he applied even force and pressure.   Not uncommon for non-bruising to occur.  This is basic medical stuff.    

“This myth that you have to have bruises to prove strangulation, no you don’t. You can be strangled to death and have no bruises,” Dr Smock said, using his hands to demonstrate how someone chocked in a headlock might not get bruises because limbs are broad surfaces, while someone strangled with a thin cord might have acute marks to show for it.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/george-floyd-died-because-had-222628629.html

don't ever trust someone with a toupee or a level 10 comb-over

92cb70e0-98de-11eb-ba3d-0fabaf917071_800

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

proudly unvaccinated...and 100% healthy. wanna run a 10k at 8pm tonight?

Proudly unvaccinated? Good for you I guess. I’d take you up on the offer but am recovering from back surgery so if you go get vaccinated and give me a few months to heal up I’d take you up on the offer.

let me ask you what did George floyd do to deserve a gun shoved in his face when approached by Lane and demanded to put his hands on the f$cking wheel?

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

Proudly unvaccinated? Good for you I guess. I’d take you up on the offer but am recovering from back surgery so if you go get vaccinated and give me a few months to heal up I’d take you up on the offer.

let me ask you what did George floyd do to deserve a gun shoved in his face when approached by Lane and demanded to put his hands on the f$cking wheel?

drugs...lots and lots and lots of them.

Just now, Redneksioux said:

When lane opened his car door, how did he know what George had taken? And it’s ok to assume that someone is a threat to your life because they may have taken a lot of drugs? 

let your guard down as a cop by assuming stuff...you don't go home.

32 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

comparing hands to knees now....

i guess you don't understand what beyond a reasonable doubt means....

Nah, this case was a slam dunk.  The best the defense was hoping for was 1 or 2 jury holdouts; that much was obvious.

Although some people dislike change, we’re rightfully evolving from 1950’s Mississippi-like culture where Chauvin would be walking the street by now because of ‘reasons’.

Justice was served in this case.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UNDlaw80 said:

Nah, this case was a slam dunk.  The best the defense was hoping for was 1 or 2 jury holdouts; that much was obvious.

Although some people dislike change, we’re rightfully evolving from 1950’s Mississippi-like culture where Chauvin would be walking the street by now because of ‘reasons’.

Justice was served in this case.

no it wasn't

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u serious clarke?

The toxicologist, Dr. Daniel Isenschmid, works at N.M.S. Labs in Pennsylvania and testified on the ninth day of the trial against Mr. Chauvin, who has been charged with murder in Mr. Floyd’s death.  Of more than 2,300 blood samples from intoxicated drivers that N.M.S. Labs tested last year — all of which were in cases where the driver survived and tested positive for fentanyl — about a quarter of the people had fentanyl levels that were the same or higher than Mr. Floyd’s, Dr. Isenschmid said.

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

The toxicologist, Dr. Daniel Isenschmid, works at N.M.S. Labs in Pennsylvania and testified on the ninth day of the trial against Mr. Chauvin, who has been charged with murder in Mr. Floyd’s death.  Of more than 2,300 blood samples from intoxicated drivers that N.M.S. Labs tested last year — all of which were in cases where the driver survived and tested positive for fentanyl — about a quarter of the people had fentanyl levels that were the same or higher than Mr. Floyd’s, Dr. Isenschmid said.

It’s funny how in North Dakota it’s perfectly accepted for white lawmakers and public officials to get a dui. 

But if it’s a black guy on drugs, he deserves to be murdered.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

funny you left out the meth part....

14 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

When lane opened his car door, how did he know what George had taken? And it’s ok to assume that someone is a threat to your life because they may have taken a lot of drugs? 

I am pretty sure the police were told that he was probably high on something. His reaction also probably put them on notice that something was up as well. 

1 minute ago, Redneksioux said:

It’s funny how in North Dakota it’s perfectly accepted for white lawmakers and public officials to get a dui. 

But if it’s a black guy on drugs, he deserves to be murdered.

Ehhh...I dont think many people think he deserved to die. I think many folks are probably just not going to get worked up over the guy dying. 

End of the day, I thought the cops got put in a bad situation and Derek Chauvin went too far. I won't speak to if he wanted to kill the guy or not. 

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

funny you left out the meth part....

Floyd had low levels of both.  The defense didnt even argue about the meth.  Their laughable argument was the fentanyl caused Floyd to die.      

Schleicher pointed jurors toward the testimony of a forensic toxicologist who found fentanyl levels were “well below the ratio” of people who die from an overdose and a “very low” level of methamphetamine in blood taken from Floyd at the hospital

https://apnews.com/article/trials-us-news-death-of-george-floyd-racial-injustice-a7c9b49984016908d0bdbb385db66ec1

1 minute ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Floyd had low levels of both.  The defense did even argue about the meth.  Their laughable arguable was the fentanyl caused problems for Floyd.    

Schleicher pointed jurors toward the testimony of a forensic toxicologist who found fentanyl levels were “well below the ratio” of people who die from an overdose and a “very low” level of methamphetamine in blood taken from Floyd at the hospital

https://apnews.com/article/trials-us-news-death-of-george-floyd-racial-injustice-a7c9b49984016908d0bdbb385db66ec1

funny you don't mention the size of his heart....

2 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Floyd had low levels of both.  The defense didnt even argue about the meth.  Their laughable arguable was the fentanyl caused Floyd to die.      

Again you are not telling the whole story. When Fentanyl and Meth are combined it is much more potent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bison73 said:

Again you are not telling the whole story. When Fentanyl and Meth are combined it is much more potent. 

and stress, and enlarged heart, artery blockage............................................................................................................................

7 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I am pretty sure the police were told that he was probably high on something. His reaction also probably put them on notice that something was up as well. 

Ehhh...I dont think many people think he deserved to die. I think many folks are probably just not going to get worked up over the guy dying. 

End of the day, I thought the cops got put in a bad situation and Derek Chauvin went too far. I won't speak to if he wanted to kill the guy or not. 

They were told he was high on drugs so he deserved to be approached with a gun to his face? Did Louser have a gun to his head when he got a dui? How about Baesler?

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u really didn't explain why there is no bruise on his neck......

The essential elements of the 3 charges aren’t particularly intuitive.  For the 2nd degree murdered charge there didn’t need to be a specific finding of intent to kill, only a casual relationship to the death while committing another crime.   Essentially, were Chauvins actions a substantial causal factor in Floyd’s death while using unreasonable force?

As an analogy, I rob a bank and point a gun at the teller.  She dies of a heart attack.  I still committed 2nd degree murder in MN even though I had no intent to kill anyone.

The juror made the determination that there was not reasonable doubt that Chauvins force was excessive, and that the use of force played a role in his death.

For what it’s worth, in ND I think this is a negligent homicide, C felony case.

3 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Right, but the defense tried to argue this, but to no avail.   The defense's 'experts' where thoroughly annihilated under cross.  

Basically, Floyd's breathing did not slow down enough for the painkiller to have been a factor in his total loss of oxygen.  And the doctor whose laboratory tested Floyd's blood said there was evidence that some of the fentanyl had metabolised - he said an overdose was not likely.

Just now, Redneksioux said:

They were told he was high on drugs so he deserved to be approached with a gun to his face? Did Louser have a gun to his head when he got a dui? How about Baesler?

Allegedly high man on an unknown substance in a major metro vs. a potentially drunk driving traffic stop in North Dakota might merit different responses from police. 

Seems like a really weird hill to die on when you have many many other actions by the police to criticize. 

I'm not a cop. I'm not sure how they should go about that part of the detention. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Allegedly high man on an unknown substance in a major metro vs. a potentially drunk driving traffic stop in North Dakota might merit different responses from police. 

Seems like a really weird hill to die on when you have many many other actions by the police to criticize. 

I'm not a cop. I'm not sure how they should go about that part of the detention. 

Maybe it’s just my opinion but louser and baesler were more of a threat to the general public than Floyd was. There’s plenty of actions to criticize but the reality is that George Floyd deserved a better fate and the police didn’t believe so for some reason.