SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

3 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

The essential elements of the 3 charges aren’t particularly intuitive.  For the 2nd degree murdered charge there didn’t need to be a specific finding of intent to kill, only a casual relationship to the death while committing another crime.   Essentially, were Chauvins actions a substantial causal factor in Floyd’s death while using unreasonable force?

As an analogy, I rob a bank and point a gun at the teller.  She dies of a heart attack.  I still committed 2nd degree murder in MN even though I had no intent to kill anyone.

The juror made the determination that there was not reasonable doubt that Chauvins force was excessive, and that the use of force played a role in his death.

For what it’s worth, in ND I think this is a negligent homicide, C felony case.

Felony-murder cases were wild to read about lol. My favorite one was a robber getting convicted of felony-murder because his accomplice was killed by police in the ensuing shootout. 

I recall states having some really big differences in application.

Interestingly, the defense’s main medical expert is now being investigated because his testimony was so crazy.      

Maryland to review ex-medical examiner's work after Chauvin trial testimony.

Hundreds of doctors said all of Fowler's work should come into question because his testimony about George Floyd's death was so outside accepted forensic practice.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/nation-world/maryland-reviews-dr-david-fowler-cases-chauvin-defense-testimony-george-floyd-death/507-38f2aa67-f4f3-4b72-8163-c1114b10c47e

48 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

It’s funny how in North Dakota it’s perfectly accepted for white lawmakers and public officials to get a dui. 

But if it’s a black guy on drugs, he deserves to be murdered.

You find that $hit everywhere, not just in North Dakota.  That said, some places are so monolithic they generally espouse more of that $hit than other places.   Not uncommon at all.  You see it all over the world.  All colors, all creeds.  

36 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Maybe it’s just my opinion but louser and baesler were more of a threat to the general public than Floyd was. There’s plenty of actions to criticize but the reality is that George Floyd deserved a better fate and the police didn’t believe so for some reason.

there is a formerly pregnant lady that might disagree with you on that one..............

• UNDBIZ locked this topic