SiouxSports.com Forum

2017-18 Season

SWSiouxMN

I don't know who or if anyone is to blame. The state of the state is: We have one starter that hasn't scored in three games and is shooting less than 30% for the year. We have another girl first off the bench that is shooting less than 30% for the year and played one minute and had two turnovers in the last game. We have one stud who can't do it all. We have another semi stud that is a little inconsistent. We have unproven forwards and centers off the bench. We have another starter who has cracked double digits about three times this year and had three points the last game. This is not a recipe for success. 

5 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I don't know who or if anyone is to blame. The state of the state is: We have one starter that hasn't scored in three games and is shooting less than 30% for the year. We have another girl first off the bench that is shooting less than 30% for the year and played one minute and had two turnovers in the last game. We have one stud who can't do it all. We have another semi stud that is a little inconsistent. We have unproven forwards and centers off the bench. We have another starter who has cracked double digits about three times this year and had three points the last game. This is not a recipe for success. 

I agree with you.  We are shooting 30% on threes which puts us ranked 201 out of 345 Division 1 schools.  Klabo and Freije have the physical bodies to be successful at Div 1.  I would like to see Fleecs play more because of her size but she is only getting 6-7 minutes a game.  I am not sure why they didn't redshirt Leet.

12 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

We also have a freshman guard who apparently has beat out the upperclassmen. Could be a great freshman or less than stellar upperclassmen 

All that diving and scrapping Reinke does has earned her the playing time.  

I am impressed with Reinke.  I agree she plays hard. I don’t know about scoring potential. Did she score from the outside in high school? 

It does say something about the upper classmen though and if we have depth at the position. It appears we are lacking depth and talent in all positions 

Looked like brew switched up some offensive sets that resulted in open post scores. There also seemed to be a very more open rotation of players in and out. It appeared the players were challenged and they responded positively both individual wise and team wise. Klabo was rotated out much more than I remember in previous games  Very encouraging play and win. 

POCATELLO, Idaho-- North Dakota made just 12 field goals and host Idaho State was able to pull out a 57-46 win. The Fighting Hawks collected just seven field goals-- with only three two-point buckets-- over the final three quarters. -- From the UND press release.

We shot 23.5% for the game. Klabo was in foul trouble most of the game so she had limited minutes. Franklin had a good game. Somebody else needed to step up with Klabo out and Franklin was the only one that did.

On to the next game. Hopefully they get this thing figured out. Do we have a talented team or not.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, UND1983 said:

What is going on with this team?  Have to think there is some rift somewhere when a team falls apart this badly, this quickly and it's only midseason.

You might be on to something.  Or, it's just piss-poor shooting and too many turn-overs.    

Franklin and Dailey are turning over the ball too much.  Stand and Reinke are getting beat on defense.  Freije can't hit a shot.  Morton and Klabo playing well.  We are just not very good defensively, very little help defense and inability to guard the drive to the basket.